I’ll take necessary precautions out in public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

There a lot of Freedom Rider Civil Rights workers marching into retail places without masks and daring the befuddled poor hourly working 24 year olds to meekly say, "we require a mask in here" so that they can pull out their weapons and go all Rosa Parks on the poor kid. It's a constitutional thing.
    More work. Less protest.

I see you working that victim thing, but not all hourly retail workers are poor, befuddled, meekly 24 year old characters.

Comment

I never stopped working..I am considered essential. I’m out everyday and the majority of folks I see in the mid- Atlantic area are doing a pretty piss poor job of following just the basic rules.

On the flip side I lost a former co-worker to the virus last week...he was 40 and left 4 children with no father.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I have a bit of a reason to keep away from dumbasses that won’t wear a mask in public or keep their proper distance.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          I have a bit of a reason to keep away from dumbasses that won’t wear a mask in public or keep their proper distance.
          YES YOU DO. STILL PRAYING FOR YOU GUYS.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

There is some controversy regarding whether Winston Churchill actually said that the best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Regardless ... its a great quote ... and its also the best argument for not re-opening the country too quickly.

If I had a carry permit, I would have likely already shot dozens of "voters" who ignore protection gear and social distancing protocols, who I've encountered while venturing out for food with my gloves and mask.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Had to point to a circle on the Wawa floor and chastise some 50ish twat for not stepping back.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Never stopped working, I have no qualm about people that want to stay home for fear of themselves or bringing something home to a loved one, but I refuse to wreck my whole life and livelihood over numbers and projections that are all over the place, never seem to be right or line up. Yes this virus is real, yes it can be deadly, and so are a host of other things, take a look at the TOTAL numbers of deaths country by country for the first quarter, for the last couple of years, almost all are DOWN, INCLUDING ITALY, if this was the second coming of the Plague, then why are the TOTAL numbers not thru the roof? Edit, good catch Dimmy, fixed it.
                Last edited by Eagle Road; 05-13-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Over 80,000 dead. That’s in 2 1/2 months.
                  This isn’t the flu and social distancing has worked to slow it down, but selfish twats need to stop getting medical advice from InfoWars. Wear a fucking mask. BTW. Notice where the dopes in Sweden have adjusted their “It’s no big deal.” stance?

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

More work. Less protest.

I see you working that victim thing, but not all hourly retail workers are poor, befuddled, meekly 24 year old characters.
                    Ours pretty much are.
                    DB

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      Never stopped working, I have no qualm about people that want to stay home for fear of themselves or bringing something home to a loved one, but I refuse to wreck my whole life and livelihood over numbers and projections that are all over the place, never seem to be right or line up. Yes this virus is real, yes it can be deadly, and so are a host of other things, take a look at the TOTAL numbers of deaths country by country for the first quarter, for the last couple of years, almost all are DOWN, INCLUDING ITALY, if this was the second coming of the Plaque, then why are the TOTAL numbers not thru the roof?
                      I don't know, ER. I'll leave aside the inherent meaninglessness of aggregated statistics like that to prove a point about a specific cause, particularly where, as here, the scarcity of testing for the last two months means we don't really know how many people have been/are infected.

I think that we would agree that if you go out on the street and slam some innocent bystander with a hammer, that would be a violation of his/her space and rights. So why is it any different for people who refuse to wear masks if globules of floating phlegm can be transported six feet to infect some innocent bystander? Forty percent of cases are asymptomatic. Why is wearing a mask so hard for people? Why is it any different than the hammer?

And as far as plaque, Crest has a great product for that...
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                        Had to point to a circle on the Wawa floor and chastise some 50ish twat for not stepping back.
                        I don’t know your situation and wish you the best, but if you or a loved one is at such a risk why would you leave the house and put you or them at risk?
                        It IS About Me Asshole
                        -----------------------
                        Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

I don't know, ER. I'll leave aside the inherent meaninglessness of aggregated statistics like that to prove a point about a specific cause, particularly where, as here, the scarcity of testing for the last two months means we don't really know how many people have been/are infected.

I think that we would agree that if you go out on the street and slam some innocent bystander with a hammer, that would be a violation of his/her space and rights. So why is it any different for people who refuse to wear masks if globules of floating phlegm can be transported six feet to infect some innocent bystander? Forty percent of cases are asymptomatic. Why is wearing a mask so hard for people? Why is it any different than the hammer?

And as far as plaque, Crest has a great product for that...
                          How long do we quarantine the healthy and wear mask? 6 months a year. There is and will not be a cure. Do we do this forever? Everyone will be exposed eventually.
                          It IS About Me Asshole
                          -----------------------
                          Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

Originally posted by tjl88 View Post

How long do we quarantine the healthy and wear mask? 6 months a year. There is and will not be a cure. Do we do this forever? Everyone will be exposed eventually.
                            Good question. Who knows? Not me. But it seems like the next couple of weeks, it's good mask weather. Unless tan lines are an issue for you.
                            DB

Comment

Ours pretty much are.
                              Oh. I under the impression that California paid for everyone’s gym membership?

Comment

Good question. Who knows? Not me. But it seems like the next couple of weeks, it's good mask weather. Unless tan lines are an issue for you.
                                I don't know Dimmy, you know what I do and where I live, I'm out in it every day making pickups and deliveries, so far, so good, and i'm in an age group of concern, but if i'm good enough to be considered essential, (maybe expendable) I would think I should be able to make my own decisions about being out and about when not working?

Or am I only worthwhile when I am working to provide consumer goods and services to all the people hiding in their Moms basement? I agree with tjl88, this may very well never be over, it may be VERY much like the Flu in that in comes back every year, then what? Truth of the matter is from what I see most of the people complaining are the twats wearing gloves and cross contaminating everything and every surface they touch, same people I see riding around in their personal car, alone, wearing a mask, for what??? Latest studies suggest that wearing a mask could cause you more harm than good if you are not sick, constantly re-breathing your own CO2 is lowering your oxygen intake and therefore your immune system and your bodies ability to repair/defend itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X