Fake Noose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Noose

Come on NY Post, let’s see you do better.
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 06-23-2020, 08:31 PM.

The whole thing remains a little odd. The FBI still referred to the thing as a “noose”, not a loop.

I would have tied a non slip loop knot for the purpose of a garage pull. It’s been a long time since I’ve done it, but I’m pretty sure I could tie one.

I understand there are photos of the rope in the garage which I have not yet seen.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I saw photos. They appeared to be fashioned into a noose. I also read where not all of the garages had them, but many did. The particular garage door noose pull down in Bubba Wallace’s garage are seen in Oct., 2019 photos.

Comment

So why are they tying noose knots instead of non slip loop knots? Guess they aren’t sailors or fishermen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowline
        --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          So why are they tying noose knots instead of non slip loop knots? Guess they aren’t sailors or fishermen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowline
          With cell phones everywhere, I wonder if Bubba or anyone of his crew members took a photo of the noose when they found it. Like where the noose was located, along with the noose itself, as evidence?

Comment

It doesn’t seem like Bubba was targeted.

I’m just thinking more along the lines that some NASCAR / Speedway employee(s) found it amusing to tie garage door pull ropes as nooses.
            --------

Comment

It doesn’t seem like Bubba was targeted.

I’m just thinking more along the lines that some NASCAR / Speedway employee(s) found it amusing to tie garage door pull ropes as nooses.
              I was thinking along the lines of using a noose to hold garage things more securely. Like an effort to be resourceful. Especially with a bunch of guys huddled in a garage working on race cars.

Comment

I WAS THINKING...

I'M GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER BEER.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

I was thinking along the lines of using a noose to hold garage things more securely. Like an effort to be resourceful. Especially with a bunch of guys huddled in a garage working on race cars.
                  You don’t remember “the rabbit comes out of the hole, goes around the tree” etc? Maybe I’m old but I must have learned how to tie that knot in 5th or 6th grade. I did have opportunity to use it a few times during my brief time sailing when I lived out in Long Island.

PS: I guess you could call the loop at the end of a bowline a noose but it’s a lot different from a hangman’s noose.
                  --------

Comment

You don’t remember “the rabbit comes out of the hole, goes around the tree” etc? Maybe I’m old but I must have learned how to tie that knot in 5th or 6th grade. I did have opportunity to use it a few times during my brief time sailing when I lived out in Long Island.
                    Zero knot skills.

Comment

Someone saw what they wanted to see rather than the reality. Seems to me that says more about the person doing the "reporting" than the actual circumstances. Anyway...enter social media to fan the flames. And NASCAR gets some free publicity in the COVID era.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        Someone saw what they wanted to see rather than the reality. Seems to me that says more about the person doing the "reporting" than the actual circumstances. Anyway...enter social media to fan the flames. And NASCAR gets some free publicity in the COVID era.
                        Still seems odd to me
                        --------

Comment

Well, maybe no noose is good noose, but I doubt NOOSECAR wanted PR this way.

I think they’d rather see the attention turn towards Yale University being named after a slave trader, and to see how the social and scholarly elite proceed and give guidance to the rest of our country.

Comment

I'm sure they didn't appreciate the negative slant that started it all, but they sure embraced the opportunity for a little showmanship.

Comment

I'm sure they didn't appreciate the negative slant that started it all, but they sure embraced the opportunity for a little showmanship.
                              ... and if anyone from Yale University is listening, I would like to suggest a name:

Kale University

Go Green Leafs!

Comment

Working...
                              X