X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdwatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Jackson should be summarily dismissed, just like Riley Cooper should have been. Does the Cooper precedent limit what the Eagles can do? Probably.
    This is actually worse. If they do can him, the narrative will be, "Jewish owner cans player for antisemitism and kept the racist player." His audio apology showed a severe level of ignorance about what he did, then I guess the lawyers grabbed him and made him issue their apology, the one that's sounds like he does understand. At 33, it is his fault for not understanding what can really bite you in the ass if you actually say it. Even worse, the Hitler quote was fake.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    I WISH THESE MILLIONAIRE ATHLETES WOULD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY AND JUST MAKE YOUR MONEY FOR PLAYING A KIDS GAME AND STOP BEING STUPID.

Leave a comment:

• necrandall
    replied
    The Eagles CANNOT and won't let DeSean go, because they didn't let RIley go. However, DeSean better appear contrite or there will be hell to pay. Eagles in a no win situation here, but they can't let DeSean walk if they did not let Riley walk.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Triple Dip
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Jackson should be summarily dismissed, just like Riley Cooper should have been. Does the Cooper precedent limit what the Eagles can do? Probably.
    I think you are right, tough spot for the org - but the Cooper incident set a precedent. I think about the fact that 1 year after the Cooper incident the Eagles extended him while outright cutting Jackson with a likely smear campaign on top.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Susquehanna Birder
    replied
    His "apology" amounts to, "I'm sorry you were offended." Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    No big deal with the fans. He didn't criticize Wentz.

Leave a comment:

• Desean sharing some questionable material on social media

Considering Lurie and Howie are Jewish, I doubt they are going to be happy with some of the content or whom he is quoting!

Edit to add: Quotes from Farrakhan and Hitler - yikes!
    Last edited by Spartan92; 07-07-2020, 08:30 AM.
Working...
X