Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have always called on Danny Snyder to change the Racist name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have always called on Danny Snyder to change the Racist name.

Today, you had to capitulate, Little Danny Snyder like a little bitch and you can put that in all caps.

Funny how the media types (and the twitterati) are equating that name with other native american symbols in sports. Hell, my high school team was the Indians, and there is a hot argument on changing that. I'm definitely not an SJW type, and I honestly don't give a rat's ass about names like Chiefs, Seminoles, or Braves. And even the Washington logo, for that matter. None of those (at least currently) have the same racial overtones of the Washington team name. This one, though, especially given the "history" of the name, was sorely in need of retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      Funny how the media types (and the twitterati) are equating that name with other native american symbols in sports. Hell, my high school team was the Indians, and there is a hot argument on changing that. I'm definitely not an SJW type, and I honestly don't give a rat's ass about names like Chiefs, Seminoles, or Braves. And even the Washington logo, for that matter. None of those (at least currently) have the same racial overtones of the Washington team name. This one, though, especially given the "history" of the name, was sorely in need of retirement.
      Agree.

Without acknowledging the racist term for what it is, the stain of racism will always be on the hands of Little Danny and his team.

I demand a public apology and you can put that in all caps.

Comment

And it took FedEx 11 years to sufficiently turn the screws enough to make it happen.
        But it has been fun reading all of the outrage coming from the Neonazi contingent of their fans in various forums.
        That’s correct, scumbags. Your team’s racist name has been CANCELED!!!
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I've always been amused (and disappointed) at some of the mental gymnastics the supporters have gone through to justify its continued use. I've always been against the government forcing the change, but I'm happy that market forces are finally making it happen. And yeah, seeing the dipshits try and argue it away is enjoyable. I won't even try and discuss it with them now, since it's a done deal.

Comment

Working...
          X