City decides no fans this year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City decides no fans this year....

At least that’s what I’m reading online. No Eagles or Phillies fans. Looks like we will all be “deferring” our tickets. Are the Locals here picking up anything different?

Apparently the Eagles thought it didn't apply to them. The city contacted them directly and squashed it.

Comment

Who owns the stadium ? I thought Lurie owned it, if so the city has no say.

Comment

Uh huh. That’s how it works.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          Uh huh. That’s how it works.
          Bwahhh, two of the most stupid posts in two days then I think I have ever seen on here, keep up the good work TGF
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post

Bwahhh, two of the most stupid posts in two days then I think I have ever seen on here, keep up the good work TGF
            LOL...

Comment

Not so fast. The city said the ban on large public gatherings only applies to events requiring a permit like parades, etc. Don't think it applies to sporting events.

Doesn't matter to me because I've already opted out. I want my refund ASAP. Probably wasn't going to make that many games this year anyway.

Can you imagine if the Eagles won another SB and the parade was banned?
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I deferred mine as well IE. My son and daughter-in-law actually fly up for the games so we thought it best this year as there is/was very little chance the stadium will be allowing people sitting next to each other. Plus they have the added complexity of air travel.

Comment

It's ok no apologies needed fellas, sucks being right all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                    It's ok no apologies needed fellas, sucks being right all the time.
                    Uh ... local governments are outlawing gatherings in private locations all across the fucking country ... and they can in the interest of public health.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

And while the city technically may not be able to force the Eagles to go fanless, the NFL and local municipalities are trying to work together. I imagine that Philadelphia still holds sway with however the Eagles decide to proceed (or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        And while the city technically may not be able to force the Eagles to go fanless, the NFL and local municipalities are trying to work together. I imagine that Philadelphia still holds sway with however the Eagles decide to proceed (or not).
                        I'm pretty sure the city could shut the whole thing down if they really wanted to. But yes they seem to be working with the Eagles.

Did you see where they are thinking of using NRG stadium as a temporary hospital? If that happens there won't be any games being played there.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

So much for a NY road game this year. The Jets and Giants announced that they will not put fans into the stadium for home games. I wonder when the rest of the league will follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            So much for a NY road game this year. The Jets and Giants announced that they will not put fans into the stadium for home games. I wonder when the rest of the league will follow suit.
                            i don’t normally care for the tail wagging the dog but if some teams cannot have fans in their stadiums (which Buffalo is also looking at on orders of the thug Cuomo) then no teams should be able to have home fans.

Comment

EVERY FOOTBALL CITY, OR NO FOOTBALL CITY. THERE WONT BE A SEASON ANYWAY. ONE GAME, EVERYONE WILL BE TESTED AND IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X