If we had a real preseason I might be calling for a QB controversy right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

Those Ints were inexcusable, more so the second one since it was almost identical to the first. Getting sacked by hanging onto the ball too long,( especially the one that hurt our FG chances) starring down WRs, throwing high the entire game...he should be aware enough at this point in his career.

Like I said, he has plateaued.
    I agree with some of your points, but every QB makes mistakes. He’s a long term starter but you have to protect him. If he corrected some of his frustrating aspects he’d be a top 5 QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
      The game sums up what we’ve seen of Wentz so far. Looked great/elite on the first 3 drives - if he plays like that all the time he is MVP caliber. Same game, same defense he also looks atrocious with mistakes that probably cost them the game.
      sums it up he is either boom or bust and it happens in the same game which is fucking weird

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        I'm not ready to give up on Wentz but drafting Hurts looks better now.
        He is not an NFL QB, Wentz just had a rough day, oh being sacked 8 times does not help

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          When I saw what they trotted out on the field today, I immediately picked up the Washington defense and started them in my fantasy league. I'm not saying Wentz didn't have a bad game but that offensive line, running game, and receiving core stings the nostrils. Wentz has tight ends. That's it.
          Many were screaming we needed a quality RB here to help. Sanders can't do it himself and if he goes down well we just saw what our running game is. How this organization is so inept and cannot forsee that we needed RB depth is retarded to say the least. Was that Howard that scored a TD today for the fins lol Devonte Freemon is still out there, Bilal Powell, fuck how is Lamar Miller's ACL doing

Comment

Offensive Line: Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Jason Kelce, Nate Herbig The Love Bug (1st NFL start) and Jack Driscoll (rookie, 1st NFL start)
            Jordan Mailata is apparently still a fucking project.
            Matt Pryor is so good Herbig The Love Bug supplanted him out of nowhere.

Wide Receivers: DeSean Jackson (please retire), Jalen Reagor (rookie, 1st NFL start), John Hightower (rookie, 1st NFL start), JJ Arcega-Whiteside (fucking chump) and Greg Ward
            All of these guys are mutts.

Running Backs: Boston Scott 'Says Hello', Corey Clement, and Jason Huntley (rookie, 1st NFL start)

Tight Ends: Zack Ertz, Dallas Goedert
            This is all they had.

This team is full of fucking mutts.
            Last edited by Snakebitten; 09-13-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              Offensive Line: Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Jason Kelce, Nate Herbig The Love Bug (1st NFL start) and Jack Driscoll (rookie, 1st NFL start)
              Jordan Mailata is apparently still a fucking project.
              Matt Pryor is so good Herbig The Love Bug supplanted him out of nowhere.

Wide Receivers: DeSean Jackson (please retire), Jalen Reagor (rookie, 1st NFL start), John Hightower (rookie, 1st NFL start), JJ Arcega-Whiteside (fucking chump) and Greg Ward

Running Backs: Boston Scott 'Says Hello', Corey Clement, and Jason Huntley (rookie, 1st NFL start)

Tight Ends: Zack Ertz, Dallas Goedert
              This is all they had.

This team is full of fucking mutts.
              Agreed, the same QB that carried Mutts into the playoffs last year could’ve carried them to a win today. He set himself up to do exactly that, and inexplicably went backwards and gave away the lead and the game to the other team. It’s 1 game, but I wish he could’ve made the beer taste better tonight instead of pissing into it.

Comment

Let's see what happens when Sanders is healthy. Hopefully that helps. I'm not convinced yet that he'll be a stud to the extent they need him to be to completely take the pressure off Wentz single handedly. Is Sanders better than Blount/Ajayi were as a combo?

The inconsistency kills me. How do you go from looking like an all pro for one quarter to looking like a frazzled rookie?

Oh well. A Dallas loss would take some of the sting away.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

We can't just pass every down. We need to pound the rock and wear defenses down. Control the clock. Boston Scott isn't really a 3 down back. He's great as a role player. Sanders is a small dude and will get banged up if they over-use him too. We should've kept Howard. He was starting to fit into the system nicely and gave us the big-back ball control we needed. As for Wentz.. I haven't been impressed with him at all since 2017. He's just not consistent
                  Last edited by maggsgsr; 09-13-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

One pick was on him the other was on the rookie WR. Can't hold onto the ball for so long; you need to know when to let it go,,That has costed Wentz alot,,if he has blocking and a running game and plays like this then Ok ,,Start belly aching. But with this Oline and him getting UnBlocked guys over and over coming at him I don't blame Carson,,,the whole team played poor in the second half,,Wash is a shitty team that took advantage a weak O line...here's to hoping Lane can play soon and sanders will be back!

WTF can't our Dee Co get guys free on a Blitz? what's wrong with fucin Shwartz?
                    Last edited by TRENT; 09-13-2020, 08:49 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Agreed, the same QB that carried Mutts into the playoffs last year could’ve carried them to a win today. He set himself up to do exactly that, and inexplicably went backwards and gave away the lead and the game to the other team. It’s 1 game, but I wish he could’ve made the beer taste better tonight instead of pissing into it.
                      It would be nice if Howie actually addressed those issues in the offseason. His draft was brutal and he has zero depth as a result. This is the first game of the season and this roster looks like an end-of-the season roster. Let's not overlook the fact that this team is on it's third medical staff in as many years. These players are dropping like flies again and they still don't have a remedy for this. They have plenty of excuses though.

Comment

The O-line is a mess.. When you know people are coming in hot you have to drop back and fire though. Throw it away if you have to.. Anything to get that ball off.. Especially in field goal range. He has a habit of holding the ball and running around back there. He ends up getting clobbered and fumbles sometimes too. It's all about quick timing patterns in the WCO. He's got to step up. Coaches need to coach better too. Doug sucks at play calling sometimes when he starts passing on every down. Defenses just start T-ing off on Wentz who holds the ball. Honestly, I think it was a great move drafting another QB. Who even knows if Wentz makes it a full season
                        Last edited by maggsgsr; 09-13-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          Let's see what happens when Sanders is healthy. Hopefully that helps. I'm not convinced yet that he'll be a stud to the extent they need him to be to completely take the pressure off Wentz single handedly. Is Sanders better than Blount/Ajayi were as a combo?

The inconsistency kills me. How do you go from looking like an all pro for one quarter to looking like a frazzled rookie?

Oh well. A Dallas loss would take some of the sting away.
                          Sanders would be a big help but as we saw today, relying on him puts them one hit away from a 2018 RB situation. They need another back. Johnson would help more than Sanders. If his ankle surgery really was a "cleanup" I'm not sure why he waited so long.

Like you said, what's frustrating about today is that Carson *was* winning them the game for almost a half. Then he goes on an 0-6, 2 INT stretch, with some awful sacks mixed in, and never recovers. Obviously teams need to protect their QBs, but a couple times a year a team has to win with the run/pass ratio getting really out of whack.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 09-13-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            what's frustrating about today is that Carson *was* winning them the game for almost a half. Then he goes on an 0-6, 2 INT stretch, with some awful sacks mixed in, and never recovers.
                            Exactly. Plays great then self-destructs after one interception. Up 17-0 against a shitty Washington Football Team. Rodney Peete could have put that away.

I like Carson but how do you win a Super Bowl with a guy like that?
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                            X