Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JFC people...the loss was not Carson's fault!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

HIGH SCHOOL HARRY MOVE. FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKES THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT THIS LEVEL.
    SUPER BOWL PASSES HAVE LONG BEEN GONE.....GET IT TOGETHER.
    C'mon man. You can't sit on a first half 17 point lead in today's NFL. You have to go for more points there.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by headknocker View Post

Yup, and why in the hell Doug was passing the damn ball at the end of the 1st half in our territory with a 17-0 lead is beyond me. It gave them life going into the locker room.
    HIGH SCHOOL HARRY MOVE. FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKES THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT THIS LEVEL.
    SUPER BOWL PASSES HAVE LONG BEEN GONE.....GET IT TOGETHER.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 09-17-2020, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ground_Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    You are losing your damned minds.

That loss was 100% on the decimated defensive and offensive lines. With healthy lines the Birds would have won by 30+.
    I can’t believe this dude and his fake schtick is still around.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
    MY FEELING IS, AND I ONLY WATCHED HIGHLIGHTS, THAT YA GO UP 17 ZIP, THE ENTIRE TEAM HAD A MELTDOWN TO DROP 27 STRAIGHT UNANSWERED POINTS.
    Yup, and why in the hell Doug was passing the damn ball at the end of the 1st half in our territory with a 17-0 lead is beyond me. It gave them life going into the locker room.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    MY FEELING IS, AND I ONLY WATCHED HIGHLIGHTS, THAT YA GO UP 17 ZIP, THE ENTIRE TEAM HAD A MELTDOWN TO DROP 27 STRAIGHT UNANSWERED POINTS.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied
    I forgot about that gem.

Leave a comment:

• nick foles taint flap
    replied
    Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

Not saying none was Carson's fault, but the sacks and pressure even Joe Montana does not win that game in his prime.
    • Throw a pick up 17-0, in your own territory, inside 2:00 left in the 1st half
    • Miss Reagor on a long TD
    • Take an awful sack to push out of FG range
    Thats a 17 point swing... and those plays were only like 20% of Wentz's sucky play on Sunday.

OL was bad...coaching was bad...Wentz was BAD

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post

Preach. The Skins averaged 3.5 yards per offensive play. They scored 27 points because every one of their scoring possessions started in Eagles territory.
    Yes but the Defense gave up to much even with good field position, that Redskins team is BAD offensively.

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post

With decent QB play the birds also would have won by double digits.

Things can have more than one cause, you know.
    Not saying none was Carson's fault, but the sacks and pressure even Joe Montana does not win that game in his prime.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    This.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...689956865?s=19

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post

Now that’s a red herring slag. You know when people use the term hero syndrome as to Wentz they are not saying he wants personal glory (he may a chip on his shoulder about the statue and all, but that’s not being a glory hog). Hero syndrome means, exactly, his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.
    Your post made me want to see the context of the statement on that podcast so I went and listened to it.

One of the talking heads said that some NFL guy from outside the Division (did not indicate if it was a coach, player or GM) asked him (the pod cast guy) why Carson Wentz is always playing "hero ball" ... which I always thought referred to a selfish glory hound.

This led to a discussion of why he doesn't check down or throw balls away, without getting into whether he was selfish or simply stubborn, so listening to it did not make it any clearer as to what they meant.

Regardless ... that's what I thought was being inferred ... if I was outside the according to Hoyle definition ... my bad.
    Last edited by slag; 09-16-2020, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post

You're right ... Wentz gets some of the blame ... but the "hero syndrome" is bullshit IMO.

You're right. It's a sloppy description. I dunno who came with it but it's out there. Like you said, he needs to understand when to give up on a play and throw the ball away.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post

You're right ... Wentz gets some of the blame ... but the "hero syndrome" is bullshit IMO.

I don't think his motivation is personal glory in those spots ... but I do think he needs to shitcan his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.

Not only to avoid taking bad sacks but to also avoid injury.
    Now that’s a red herring slag. You know when people use the term hero syndrome as to Wentz they are not saying he wants personal glory (he may a chip on his shoulder about the statue and all, but that’s not being a glory hog). Hero syndrome means, exactly, his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Anyone watching that game knows there was a whole lot of blame to go around. Doug's playcalling and decision-making skills,Carson's accuracy, or lack thereof, at the end of the 1st half and throughout the 2nd,and of course the depleted OL. I'm still shaking my head over Doug's stupid decision to go for it on 4th and 4 at that area of the field on top of having difficulty moving the ball throughout the 2nd half. It was just stupid and then Carson made it worse by holding onto the ball and taking a big sack. It was just a shit-show with plenty of blame to go around. They earned that L.

Leave a comment:

• Loki
    replied
    Herd mentality

Leave a comment:

Working...
X