Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO DOUG, ON THAT LAST MESS IN OVERTIME....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO DOUG, ON THAT LAST MESS IN OVERTIME....

WAS PLAYING NOT TO LOSE, INSTEAD OF PLAYING TO WIN. HE DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE ON A MISSED FG AND GIVE THEM FIELD POSITION..... SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED SUPER BOWL YEAR.... PLAYING NOT TO LOSE.....HE ALWAYS HAD THE BALLS TO TRY TO WIN, AT ANY COST.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
    WAS PLAYING NOT TO LOSE, INSTEAD OF PLAYING TO WIN. HE DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE ON A MISSED FG AND GIVE THEM FIELD POSITION..... SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED SUPER BOWL YEAR.... PLAYING NOT TO LOSE.....HE ALWAYS HAD THE BALLS TO TRY TO WIN, AT ANY COST.
    Agree, he ran the ball 1st and 10, and all 3 downs to set up a 59 yarder, instead of taking a shot for 10-15 more yards, then after the penalty either try a 64 yarder or throw a hail mary, I mean 16 seconds, the hail mary we all know takes 9 seconds after scrambling to the right, that leaves 7 seconds, no timeouts and they are on the 49 of their side of the field.

Comment

That last play before the punt was a head scratcher. No time outs, precious little time left on the clock, and they try to run a play in the middle of the field? Even if the pass was caught, they couldn't have gotten lined up for the winning FG. I was happy that it was incomplete and there was a (slight) chance for a long FG. Of course the false start fucked it up even worse...but that pass attempt was a prime example of them not knowing what the hell they are doing.

Comment

Doug showed no confidence in Wentz at all during that series.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          That last play before the punt was a head scratcher. No time outs, precious little time left on the clock, and they try to run a play in the middle of the field? Even if the pass was caught, they couldn't have gotten lined up for the winning FG. I was happy that it was incomplete and there was a (slight) chance for a long FG. Of course the false start fucked it up even worse...but that pass attempt was a prime example of them not knowing what the hell they are doing.
          I was screaming at the TV WTF are you doing? a quick out for 4 yards,,then kick it...
          Last edited by TRENT; 09-28-2020, 10:46 AM.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Leading up the the FG fuck up, it baffled me why he didn't run anything that put Wentz on the move after a play fake to Sanders up the middle with an option for him to run and get out of bounds or throw to an open guy if a defender came up.
            Last edited by slag; 09-28-2020, 05:02 PM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
            X