I actually think the Eagles could make some noise if Wentz can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually think the Eagles could make some noise if Wentz can

pull his head out of his azz and stop being a Human Turnover Machine. Next stretch of games will be a little tough though (including this Vagiants game)
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Anything can happen in this screwed up year right, it wasn't over when the germans bombed pearl harbor.

Comment

Agree. I think Press Taylor has to go. He is not improving Carson.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        pull his head out of his azz and stop being a Human Turnover Machine. Next stretch of games will be a little tough though (including this Vagiants game)
        Drinking that Ike Juice? LTBB?
        DB

Comment

Wonder if Carson would throw a tantrum if Howie fired his boo.
          Press is the only QB coach CW has ever had with the Birds. Maybe it’s time for some tough love like Stout does with the OL.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

There’s been a lot in the press recently about Wentz’s lack of accountability. FF benched McNabb for Klob one game and McNabb got off his ass to where the Eagles had a lead in the fourth quarter of the NFC championship game. Next one of those shitty picks or fumbles in the pocket, Dougie should sit Wentz’s ass down for the rest of the game and make him watch Hurts.
            Last edited by RSE; 11-13-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I think Wentz will play a lot better if Sanders and Johnson stay healthy. Unfortunately those are pretty big ifs.

As ridiculous as it is that Jeffery is still on this team, Wentz does seem more comfortable when he's on the field. That could make a difference this week.

Comment

Here's what I'm thinking. Wentz was the MVP in 2017 when he was surrounded with a solid offensive line, a quality wide receiver and tight end, and a good running back by committee backfield. Why not try to replicate that again? I'm just having a hard time blaming Wentz for this regression when it's obvious he's surrounded with backups and practice squad players. Let me be clear, I'm not asking for him to be surrounded with superstars. I just want to see how he plays when he's actually surrounded with quality NFL starters. I also would like to see him playing with an actual offensive coordinator. I truly feel this is the biggest problem (behind Howie) that oddly gets overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  Here's what I'm thinking. Wentz was the MVP in 2017 when he was surrounded with a solid offensive line, a quality wide receiver and tight end, and a good running back by committee backfield. Why not try to replicate that again? I'm just having a hard time blaming Wentz for this regression when it's obvious he's surrounded with backups and practice squad players. Let me be clear, I'm not asking for him to be surrounded with superstars. I just want to see how he plays when he's actually surrounded with quality NFL starters. I also would like to see him playing with an actual offensive coordinator. I truly feel this is the biggest problem (behind Howie) that oddly gets overlooked.
                  They did try to replicate that. Everyone got injured,

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Drinking that Ike Juice? LTBB?
                    I can imagine them winning a playoff game (which would be a step forward for Wentz) but that's it.All this is predicated on Wentz pulling his head out of his azz.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Not to sound like a broken record but Howie is the problem. His drafts blow and he now can't manage the cap. He's forced to bring in broken down older players because he can't draft. Injury probability increases every year a player is in the NFL. That's a fact. It also doesn't help when you draft players that are coming off a major injury. Nobody wanted to see Jeffery, Jackson, or Peters back here but they didn't have a choice because Howie can't draft. As a result, you have a QB that tries to carry the entire offense. We all knew they needed another running back to protect Wentz. Nope. Howie thought otherwise. Just like he thought he was smarter than everyone else when he drafts wideouts.

It's really simple. If Dallas called them up during the offseason and offered Howie a first round pick for Wentz, would you be ok if they took it? Not me.
                      Last edited by Snakebitten; 11-13-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                        Press is the only QB coach CW has ever had with the Birds.
                        DeFilippo was the QB coach in 16 and 17. Press was there as assistant though. They say Flip was tough on Wentz. .

"Press won back-to-back NJCAA national championships as starting Quarterback at Butler Community College. Sat the bench at Marshall as a junior and senior. Said to possess a high football IQ Taylor is 32 years old"
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                        X