Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE
    replied
    On current performance the Eagles could quite easily be in last place in five of the other seven divisions in the NFL. Would you say they are definitely better than Carolina, Atlanta, Cincinnati or the Chargers? If you offered the Eagles Joe Burrow or Herbert right now for Wentz don’t you think they’d do it?

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

At least you realize you don't know what you're talking about. Like I said, "enough said". I see where you're at, no need to go past it.
    Ha right. Me and basically all NFL execs, who have rated Wentz and Stafford neck and neck over the past two years, and Wentz ahead of Stafford in 2017.

At least you’ve moved on from blaming everything on Wentz’s receivers. I’m past that too. But in the long run, they’re both solid starters who need talent around them.

Leave a comment:

• Loki
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I think it’s too early to go doomsday. I think this team will make the playoffs. That’s not saying much, but they’re a long way from being a cellar dweller.
    I’m not so sure about that. All of the best players on defense are 30 something. The linebackers are abysmal. Nearly a quarter of the total cap space is tied up in DTs that can’t stay on the field. The defense is closer to being Ed Khayat era awful than Buddy Ryan era dominant.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

LOL. I’m missing how that’s a burn. The difference between the two QBs is marginal. They’re both good, not great. Wentz has been awful this season, but I expect him to average out to what he was in 2018-19. I would go with that over Stafford.

At least you realize you don't know what you're talking about. Like I said, "enough said". I see where you're at, no need to go past it.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied

You don't have to. You're riding with Wentz over Matt stafford. enough said
    LOL. I’m missing how that’s a burn. The difference between the two QBs is marginal. They’re both good, not great. Wentz has been awful this season, but I expect him to average out to what he was in 2018-19. I would go with that over Stafford.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfpack
    replied
    Wow. We are arguing if we are a better organization than the Lions or WFT. If those are the organizations that we now compare ourselves to, does it make a difference?

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

Right, it's outlandish to think Pederson is better than Rivera when you compare what each has done since 2016. Yes I'm saying the Giants are in worse shape. They just beat the Eagles for the first time since 2016. They drafted a running back second overall. Their future is tied to Danny Dimes and Joe Judge. They made Andrew Thomas the first OL drafted in 2020.

I mention Jay Gruden because, again, the premise of this thread is that the Eagles are becoming a Washington-type organization, and I don't buy it. The Eagles are regressing, but I don't see the arrow pointing up for the perennial doormats. Washington is 2-7 with no QB, and Dan Snyder is still the owner. The Giants show no sign of improving upon what they've been for almost a decade.

I'm viewing it as what it is. The Eagles in their third straight year of trudging into the playoffs while the division sucks. It's not good. Howie needs to go. But this thread is about the Eagles having multiple dark, 2012-type years ahead. I don't see it.

You don't have to. You're riding with Wentz over Matt stafford. enough said

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied

Yeah that's an incredibly unpopular opinion. I'd call it outlandish at best. Are you saying the giants are in worse shape? Arrow is looking up. Gettleman for all his flaws did hit on Martinez and lawrence and williams and bradberry. That's more than howie has done since 2017. What the fuck does Jay Gruden matter about anything? The eagles are very clearly regressing while the perennial doormats are finally heading the other way. You can choose to view it how you want. Howie has been missing for years and the check is on the table.
    Right, it's outlandish to think Pederson is better than Rivera when you compare what each has done since 2016. Yes I'm saying the Giants are in worse shape. They just beat the Eagles for the first time since 2016. They drafted a running back second overall. Their future is tied to Danny Dimes and Joe Judge. They made Andrew Thomas the first OL drafted in 2020.

I mention Jay Gruden because, again, the premise of this thread is that the Eagles are becoming a Washington-type organization, and I don't buy it. The Eagles are regressing, but I don't see the arrow pointing up for the perennial doormats. Washington is 2-7 with no QB, and Dan Snyder is still the owner. The Giants show no sign of improving upon what they've been for almost a decade.

I'm viewing it as what it is. The Eagles in their third straight year of trudging into the playoffs while the division sucks. It's not good. Howie needs to go. But this thread is about the Eagles having multiple dark, 2012-type years ahead. I don't see it.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

Yes, I would take Wentz over Stafford. I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion. I’d also take Doug over Rivera. I understand that that may be an unpopular opinion, but look at what Rivera has done since losing the SB. If he did the same thing here, no one would think of him as a good coach.

I don’t dispute all of the issues, I just dispute that they’re looking into oblivion. They’re a team that perpetually hovers around .500. They’re not a team whose owner is the GM, or whose GM is Dave Gettleman. They’re definitely not an organization that leaks video of their head coach smoking weed with a 20 year old girl right before they fire him.
    Yeah that's an incredibly unpopular opinion. I'd call it outlandish at best. Are you saying the giants are in worse shape? Arrow is looking up. Gettleman for all his flaws did hit on Martinez and lawrence and williams and bradberry. That's more than howie has done since 2017. What the fuck does Jay Gruden matter about anything? The eagles are very clearly regressing while the perennial doormats are finally heading the other way. You can choose to view it how you want. Howie has been missing for years and the check is on the table.

Leave a comment:

• warbirdValerie
    replied
    It's time for Hurts to step in....this is not going to get better with Wentz....his confidence is at the bottom of his feet....wouldn't hurt if Doug called better games

Leave a comment:

• Clemson Foreaker
    replied
    And I wouldn’t put it past Jeffrey to hire the first female head coach.

Well if we are going progressive, its got to be a non binary, black/black adjacent, lesbian, disabled, single mom coach with experience coaching coed junior high flag football.. We'll get a slew of extra first round picks which Howie will bundle to move up 2 spots and select some project guy from a junior college. Another pick with no picture or video to show when they are selected.... sigh...

Dr. Clem
    (preferred pronouns he/him/his)

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied

They are both worse at hc and qb? you'd take Wentz over stafford or Doug over Rivera? The eagles are standing at the edge of a cliff looking into oblivion. There is a chance and maybe a good chance that their qb simply can't play and their coach lost his edge/mojo or whatever. They have major issues at every level of defense, no chance of bringing marquee talent unless you think Roseman will somehow become at least competent drafting. Just think about all of the drafts in the last 4 years. Who is playing defense from those drafts? Gerry? Maddox? Barnett and sweat? I'm not even going to get into the Dillard jjaw reagor hurts mess. It's not toxic (yet) because Doug just rolls with the bs.
    Yes, I would take Wentz over Stafford. I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion. I’d also take Doug over Rivera. I understand that that may be an unpopular opinion, but look at what Rivera has done since losing the SB. If he did the same thing here, no one would think of him as a good coach.

I don’t dispute all of the issues, I just dispute that they’re looking into oblivion. They’re a team that perpetually hovers around .500. They’re not a team whose owner is the GM, or whose GM is Dave Gettleman. They’re definitely not an organization that leaks video of their head coach smoking weed with a 20 year old girl right before they fire him.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

I do. Neither would make the playoffs if the season ended today. They're both worse at QB and HC than the Eagles.

My post was more about those franchises and how their fans are used to seeing seasons become meaningless relatively early. Despite the presence of Howie Roseman, the Eagles aren't a bad/toxic organization. It's way too early to say the Eagles are headed in that direction, and that we're looking at couple of years of meaningless football.
    They are both worse at hc and qb? you'd take Wentz over stafford or Doug over Rivera? The eagles are standing at the edge of a cliff looking into oblivion. There is a chance and maybe a good chance that their qb simply can't play and their coach lost his edge/mojo or whatever. They have major issues at every level of defense, no chance of bringing marquee talent unless you think Roseman will somehow become at least competent drafting. Just think about all of the drafts in the last 4 years. Who is playing defense from those drafts? Gerry? Maddox? Barnett and sweat? I'm not even going to get into the Dillard jjaw reagor hurts mess. It's not toxic (yet) because Doug just rolls with the bs.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 11-16-2020, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied

I don't see how those teams are in worse situations than the eagles.
    I do. Neither would make the playoffs if the season ended today. They're both worse at QB and HC than the Eagles.

My post was more about those franchises and how their fans are used to seeing seasons become meaningless relatively early. Despite the presence of Howie Roseman, the Eagles aren't a bad/toxic organization. It's way too early to say the Eagles are headed in that direction, and that we're looking at couple of years of meaningless football.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 11-16-2020, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

I’m aware that this team is awful and that Howie is the biggest problem. All I’m saying is that they’re a long way from being a Detroit or Washington type of disaster.
    I don't see how those teams are in worse situations than the eagles.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 11-16-2020, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X