Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakebitten
    replied
    I may have forgotten that post where I endorsed Avonte Maddox. Tell me if you heard this before, Sidney Jones is injured and not playing today.

Leave a comment:

• maggsgsr
    replied
    Wentz has never been the same since 17. He lost his swagger after that injury.

Leave a comment:

• Ground_Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Here are all the quarterbacks in the NFL who have started a game this season and have both a lower completion percentage and a lower average yards per pass than Wentz:

Ben Narducci

Yes Wentz is both statistically and by the eye test the worst starting QB in the NFL this season.
    Sweet throw.

Leave a comment:

• SOS Crunchy
    replied
    Yeah you’re right good thing we kept Avonte Maddox instead

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    This guy? Tim must have accidentally left out this part.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...47123439370240
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 11-19-2020, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SOS Crunchy
    replied
    Cornerback gimp who’s conveniently doing very well right after Howie dumped him, along with the other corner they invested a 3rd on.

https://twitter.com/tim_mcmanus/stat...527533570?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    Here's the Vikings war room's reaction to the pick. Fucking joke. I'm sure there was a similar reaction when they leapfrogged Howie to draft Dalvin Cook which left them choosing that cornerback gimp over Joe Mixon.

https://twitter.com/UReady4Football/...91943101329408
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 11-18-2020, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    At the end of day, Howie wanted to show everyone how smart he was once again. He literally had a top wideout fall to him in the draft that was the consensus pick and he chose someone else. Jefferson will end up as a Pro Bowler (along with Metcalf). Meanwhile, Reagor will be busy deleting his media accounts because he won't be able to handle the scrutiny of being outclassed by the others. I mentioned on draft night I thought Howie blew it. It only took me a couple of months to know I was absolutely right. I'm just some schmo who watches a few games here and there and I'm confident I could have done a better job in the draft than Howie. Can you imagine doing this as a fulltime job and failing as much as he has?

I just don't know how we lived through McNabb for all of those seasons and witnessed what a TO can do for him and think it's not possible with Wentz? I will always look at Metcalf and Jefferson and wonder what could have been. Look, I don't want a $20M+ per year wideout like Hopkins. I just want a wideout he could grow with. Unfortunately, our GM is a cunt.
    You speak the facts. On draft night I was thinking we can’t go wrong. It will be either Jefferson or Lamb. And Howie, in that great Eagles tradition, has to show that he is smarter than everyone else. And I might add that Reagor is not the only one reacting poorly to the situation. Wentz and Dougie’s answers show they have trouble being questioned when things aren’t going well. As for Howie, he is smart enough to stay behind the curtains.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    At the end of day, Howie wanted to show everyone how smart he was once again. He literally had a top wideout fall to him in the draft that was the consensus pick and he chose someone else. Jefferson will end up as a Pro Bowler (along with Metcalf). Meanwhile, Reagor will be busy deleting his media accounts because he won't be able to handle the scrutiny of being outclassed by the others. I mentioned on draft night I thought Howie blew it. It only took me a couple of months to know I was absolutely right. I'm just some schmo who watches a few games here and there and I'm confident I could have done a better job in the draft than Howie. Can you imagine doing this as a fulltime job and failing as much as he has?

I just don't know how we lived through McNabb for all of those seasons and witnessed what a TO can do for him and think it's not possible with Wentz? I will always look at Metcalf and Jefferson and wonder what could have been. Look, I don't want a $20M+ per year wideout like Hopkins. I just want a wideout he could grow with. Unfortunately, our GM is a cunt.
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 11-18-2020, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Triple Dip
    replied
    I've watched enough games already to see Reagor isn't going to be better than Lamb, Jefferson, Claypool, and probably Higgins. He's passive and is already getting his feelings hurt with the feedback he is getting as a result. There's no need to do a 'wait-and-see' with him. He was absolutely the wrong choice.
    Still early for me to judge the Reagor pick but I fear you are going to be dead right, and if so - that will be how many drafts that Howie went into where a position of need was deep in talent and he came away with the runt of the litter.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    Jefferson and Higgins played with quarterbacks in college who are better passers than Wentz is, and Lamb played with the guy who sits behind Wentz. They all played in systems which demanded precise route running, being there when and where the QB delivered the ball, and catching it. Reagor played with garbage quarterbacks in a system which required him to run around really fast and get open. Boy it shows.

There’s a part of me, though, which feels like giving Wentz real quality receivers would be like giving the Glengarry leads to Moss, George, and Shelley the Machine Levene.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    I've watched enough games already to see Reagor isn't going to be better than Lamb, Jefferson, Claypool, and probably Higgins. He's passive and is already getting his feelings hurt with the feedback he is getting as a result. There's no need to do a 'wait-and-see' with him. He was absolutely the wrong choice.

At the end of the day, Howie knew a couple of years ago he needed to get his QB help. Not only did he have to go out of his comfort zone and draft a WR early, he knew he blew it the first go round and had to draft another one even earlier the following year. Howie acknowledged to everyone that they were lacking at the wideout position. He just flat out failed. He failed by extending Jeffery. He failed by bringing back Jackson. He failed by bringing in Goodwin (remember him?). He failed by drafting JJAW. He failed by drafting Reagor. He failed by drafting Hightower. He's now hanging his hat on practice squad players? My god.

I'm just curious who Wentz developed chemistry with during these off seasons. Fulgham was busy getting waived three times. There's only been one player I knew he had developed something with and that tight end has been hurt this season.

The Eagles have six games left on their schedule. Every team they play going forward has either one, two, and maybe even three wide receivers better than any receiver on this team. That doesn't even make sense. It wasn't as obvious when Ertz was around and now that his days are most likely numbered, Wentz is screwed.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied

All I remember is when the season started, many experts complained that Aaron Rodgers got screwed when the Packers drafted a QB instead of another receiver. Let's not forget he's already got fucking Adams and Jones!!! They complained that Rodgers needed another wideout. Howie passed on arguably the best college wideout in the draft who fell in his lap and took a #2-at-best WR. Then he took a shitty QB in the second. I didn't hear any of these experts complaining about this.
    Even if you consider Reagor’s injuries, of the wide receivers in the first two rounds alone who were picked after Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Higgins and Claypool are all having much better seasons, and Mims, Pittman, Shenault and Hamlet are averaging three receptions a game, same as Reagor.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    I think there is enough talent for Wentz to be better than the worst QB in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    He's not going to wake up and find himself in a better situation. He's surrounded with crap. I get that he's going to underperform the rest of the season and we're going to get endless posts of how bad he is against teams who surround their QBs with talent. I get it. Just make sure you watch the opponent's QB and compare what their GMs surrounded their QBs with versus the slop Wentz now has. Unfortunately, as long as Howie is here, we will never see Wentz reach his potential.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X