Nick Mullens
    Alex Smith
    Nick Foles
    Cam Newton
    Daniel Jones
    Drew Lock
    Sam Darnold
    Gardner Minshew

These are the NFL quarterbacks who might - might - have a 73.4 passer rating if they played for the Eagles, as Wentz does.

Minshew actually has a 94 rating this year but I listed him because he’s Gardner Minshew.

I cut off the list at Joe Burrow. You want to tell me Burrow would be as bad as Wentz?

Bonus fun fact: Drew Lock is the only QB with a lower completion percentage than Wentz’s 58.1. Darnold is next with with 58.7. Baker Mayfield is next at 61..2. Every other qualifying QB in the league, including the bums I listed above, has a completion percentage at least five (5) points higher than Wentz does. We live in an age where a 67% completion rate is average.

BREAK IT DOWN FURTHUR ON WHO HAS AS BAD AN O-LINE, AS BAD WIDE OUTS, AS BAD A HEAD COACH THAT CALLS SO MANY PASS PLAYS. I'LL WAIT.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I’ve been very critical of Wentz, but I really can’t imagine those guys would have a better rating while playing behind 10 OLs in 11 games.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        BREAK IT DOWN FURTHUR ON WHO HAS AS BAD AN O-LINE, AS BAD WIDE OUTS, AS BAD A HEAD COACH THAT CALLS SO MANY PASS PLAYS. I'LL WAIT.
        DSG, who would you say are Wentz’s quarterbacking peers?

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          I’ve been very critical of Wentz, but I really can’t imagine those guys would have a better rating while playing behind 10 OLs in 11 games.
          You are probably right. Those are the dregs, and that’s where Wentz rates right now.

Comment

I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Many of the folks that are blaming Wentz are the same ones who thought Reagor was good. In this case, this is coming from someone that wasn't that high on that 'slot receiver' Jefferson and thought Reagor had a higher upside.

I have yet to see any lists regarding these wideouts. Hmmmmm? That's odd.

I can troll too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Many of the folks that are blaming Wentz are the same ones who thought Reagor was good. In this case, this is coming from someone that wasn't that high on that 'slot receiver' Jefferson and thought Reagor had a higher upside.

I have yet to see any lists regarding these wideouts. Hmmmmm? That's odd.

I can troll too.
              I’m not trolling. Wentz needs to be benched.

I invite you to review my posts and show me where I said anything other than Reagor is a massive fuckup. Please do not think you can gaslight me like I am a Trump voter. Nobody here has a longer memory than I do. So take issue with my point, OK, but put words I've never spoken in my mouth, then fuck you very much.

I rated Higgins as a sure thing but I don't believe I ever said Jefferson wasn't. I saw how he torched Clemson. I'd have been perfectly happy with Jefferson in green.

Reagor has much less support on this board than Wentz.

https://igglephans.com/iggboard/foru...7509-wentz-out

"Even if you consider Reagor’s injuries, of the wide receivers in the first two rounds alone who were picked after Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Higgins and Claypool are all having much better seasons, and Mims, Pittman, Shenault and Hamlet are averaging three receptions a game, same as Reagor."

"Jefferson and Higgins played with quarterbacks in college who are better passers than Wentz is, and Lamb played with the guy who sits behind Wentz. They all played in systems which demanded precise route running, being there when and where the QB delivered the ball, and catching it. Reagor played with garbage quarterbacks in a system which required him to run around really fast and get open. Boy it shows."
              Last edited by RSE; 12-01-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

You are(and have been) right about Howie being a cunt - he is culprit #1 and the majority of this bored agrees. What I don't understand is why Wentz gets a pass from you. Wentz is a Howie pick...a Howie extension after watching another QB win the Super Bowl. The eye test supports that he doesn't crack the top 10, the stats support that he doesn't crack the top 25(this season). Howie is indeed a cunt - so why do we think he got it right with Wentz?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

You are probably right. Those are the dregs, and that’s where Wentz rates right now.
                  Don’t get me wrong, I think Wentz deserves his share of the blame for how things have gone over the past 3 years. I just doubt that he completely forgot how to play football in the offseason.

Comment

What does benching Wentz do? Does Reagor start getting separation and catching the ball? Does Fulgham reappear? Does Pederson start running the ball? Does that make the offensive line healthy? Does the non-existent offensive coordinator finally draw up an effective game plan?

The guy who can't draft now found that diamond in the rough in the second round. This is one of the many things that bothered me during the last draft. By selecting Hurts, we're now back to all of that 'bring in the backup' nonsense. Last year, nobody said a peep. Not one person on here said for Howie to draft a quarterback. I'll tell you one thing that was mentioned at length. Get Wentz some playmakers. I'll also tell you another thing that was said. Reagor was the wrong choice. It's those same folks that stated everyone was overreacting when we ripped this draft that have scurried under the fridge or come on here ripping Wentz. I get it. Bring in Hurts. Some people on here deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

You are(and have been) right about Howie being a cunt - he is culprit #1 and the majority of this bored agrees. What I don't understand is why Wentz gets a pass from you. Wentz is a Howie pick...a Howie extension after watching another QB win the Super Bowl. The eye test supports that he doesn't crack the top 10, the stats support that he doesn't crack the top 25(this season). Howie is indeed a cunt - so why do we think he got it right with Wentz?
                      Real simple question. Were you ok with Wentz prior to this season? Be honest.

Now keep in mind the only gripe was he couldn't stay healthy. When Hurts was drafted, most figured it was directly related to him staying healthy. Why? Because that was his only issue. Nobody was knocking him for his 27 tds, 7 interceptions, and 93.1 passer rating surrounded with subpar playmakers. All we asked is they get him a couple of playmakers. Howie failed two years in a row. At what point do we hold that cunt accountable? Can you imagine playing behind 10 different offensive lines already? We're wondering why Wentz doesn't look comfortable back there? Seriously??

I could have stated Wentz was a Top 10 QB last year and got minimal negative feedback. That's a fact. As mentioned before, I do remember getting a whole lot of negative feedback when I said that cunt didn't draft the correct receivers. I don't need to wait it out. I'm already right and the season isn't even over yet. That's fucking nuts.

Comment

Real simple question. Were you ok with Wentz prior to this season? Be honest.
                        The answer is yes but there was some optimism and denial sprinkled in there which continue to fade away each game. Howie is still the face on the dart board - but I am very worried we are headed back into multiple years of trying to find a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

I invite you to review my posts and show me where I said anything other than Reagor is a massive fuckup. Please do not think you can gaslight me like I am a Trump voter. Nobody here has a longer memory than I do. So take issue with my point, OK, but put words I've never spoken in my mouth, then fuck you very much.
                          I'm not bumping the thread but this is you.

I am not that big of a Jefferson guy. He is almost exclusively a slot receiver, and he played in a five receiver spread offense with a qb who threw dimes all season long. I’d say Reagor’s upside is higher than Jefferson’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                            The answer is yes but there was some optimism and denial sprinkled in there which continue to fade away each game. Howie is still the face on the dart board - but I am very worried we are headed back into multiple years of trying to find a franchise QB.
                            Can you admit there's not really anything more that could happen to set this (or any) QB back any more this year?

While this is 2020, it's safe to say this is rock bottom and almost every box was checked if someone is looking to make a QB fail. Sure Sanders could get hurt again but he's only carrying the ball six times anyway.

Comment

I'm not bumping the thread but this is you.
                              If I said it I said, it and I owe you an apology. I apologize.

I can’t for the life of me say why I said I thought Reagor had a bigger upside. LSU hate I guess.

it’s pretty clear now that Reagor is a BCJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X