Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE
    replied
    I honestly can’t understand why Riley would consider working for the jagoffs who run the Eagles. Working with Hurts can’t possibly be enough. Riley coached Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield, and I just don’t believe Riley would rate him with those guys. He has a plush job at Oklahoma and ought to be in no rush to get to the NFL in a better situation than under Howie Roseman.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post
    Or maybe they don't know what the fuck they're doing and when the trade Wentz they'll continue to prove it.
    Obviously they don't know what they're doing. I'm not saying he's a bust I'm saying they must think he is if they trade him.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Or maybe they don't know what the fuck they're doing and when the trade Wentz they'll continue to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied

Come on ... the window dressing bullshit about picking a QB is mental masterbation ... the point is the rebuild ... you don't rebuild with Wentz ... and now there are reports that Roseman has already contacted Lincoln Riley ... that sound like someone who has Wentz in mind?

EDITED TO ADD: And if the reports are true, how do you think Wentz likes that shit?
    28 isn't that old. Certainly not old enough to dump if you think he's a top tier starter, which we would have to assume they think he is not. Which would make him a pretty big bust given all they did to land him. Which goes back to "why does Howie still have a job?"

Unless they really think Hurts is the guy. Then they Linoln Riley stuff makes sense.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-12-2021, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    I can only see Wentz being traded if Lincoln Riley is the next HC. A 28-year old QB is young enough for a youth movement. It would make no sense to eliminate an SB-winning HC and a former MVP candidate QB at the same time.

It's not as much about Wentz getting everything he wants as it is both Wentz and Howie being able to point fingers at Pederson, and the idea that it's easier to replace a coach than a QB.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Triple Dip
    replied
    Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I'll still be surprised unless Roseman is scrapped as well.

He mentions going QB at 6. That would amount to Lurie admitting that 1st and 2nd round picks were wasted on the wrong QB's, but then letting the GM who made those picks use another 1st rounder on another QB. That would be the definition of inept.
    Howie was hinting at a rebuild last offseason and I had a bad feeling that weasel would use it as some form of job security. Probably helped this year he could point to Lurie's beloved Patriots and say "see look, even they had to do it!". Can't believe with his draft record and now failing to do what he supposedly did best with the salary cap(the old kick the can down the road method didnt work huh?) - he is about to hire his 3rd head coach.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied

He mentions going QB at 6. That would amount to Lurie admitting that 1st and 2nd round picks were wasted on the wrong QB's, but then letting the GM who made those picks use another 1st rounder on another QB. That would be the definition of inept.
    Come on ... the window dressing bullshit about picking a QB is mental masterbation ... the point is the rebuild ... you don't rebuild with Wentz ... and now there are reports that Roseman has already contacted Lincoln Riley ... that sound like someone who has Wentz in mind?

EDITED TO ADD: And if the reports are true, how do you think Wentz likes that shit?
    Last edited by slag; 01-12-2021, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied

Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-12-2021, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Ruben Franks reads my shit

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...t-carson-wentz

Leave a comment:

• Melchior
    replied
    Not only was Pederson carried by a top 5 defense in 2017, run by a DC he had no involvement in hiring, but Reich has taken the Colts from the 25th offense to the 10th ranked offense per DVOA. They lost Luck and were a top-10 offense again within a year.

Meanwhile, Doug's offense has gotten progressively worse, regardless of QB. I just can't believe Roseman is surviving this disaster of a roster/season. His only draft success at CB has been Nickel Backs (pretty much Boykin who had to retire to, surprise, a degenerative injury that the Eagles misdiagnosed). Slay is good, but only necessary because of their absolute inability to evaluate college CBs. They apparently don't even consider LB a real position. The one spot they have somewhat of a track-record is along the lines and even there, they've been plagued with rookie injuries going back to Graham.

They just can't fucking draft and it's wild that they have invested this much in to the WR position and have come away with absolutely nothing. How the fuck is Lurie not cleaning house?

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Vermouth
    replied
    Time will tell who is right but if Wentz stays, we have an Andy Dalton situation on our hands. There will be 3 more head coaches fired before it’s over.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Wouldn't surprise me. Too bad Howie is so bad at personnel.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied

I still say you have it backwards ... and I didn't even think of this, until now ... Pederson's head-scratcher of replacing Hurts with Sudfeld was him saying what I'm saying.

Lurie was going on and on today about innovation on offense etc. ... assuming that's coming from Howlo (and you know it is) that sound like Wentz or Hurts?
    I'm going by the initial reports of Wentz saying the relationship between him and Pederson was fractured. To me, at the end of the year Doug was safe until Carson said NO WAY. All of a sudden Jeff doesn't like the direction of the team. Much easier to replace a coach than a qb.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied

Could be. I guess we will know the true story eventually.

I still think the beef was between Wentz and Doug. Wentz probably doesn't see Hurts as a threat as long as Doug is out of the picture.
    I still say you have it backwards ... and I didn't even think of this, until now ... Pederson's head-scratcher of replacing Hurts with Sudfeld was him saying what I'm saying.

Lurie was going on and on today about innovation on offense etc. ... assuming that's coming from Howlo (and you know it is) that sound like Wentz or Hurts?

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied

Duh ... coach killer didn't get his man ... Hurts isn't going anywhere ... Wentz is:

Here's another theory to back my conclusion (a bit more grassy knoll than what Lurie said about rebuilding being an indication of a Wentz trade):

a. Pederson wanted Taylor as OC

b. Taylor is supposedly Wentz's boy

c. Rappaport reported that Pederson was sick of being told what to do

d. So, maybe Pederson actually didn't want to bench Wentz and was ordered to do it ... and, thus, Pederson didn't get fired because Wentz wanted it, he got fired because Wentz didn't want it

e. Wentz is getting traded
    Could be. I guess we will know the true story eventually.

I still think the beef was between Wentz and Doug. Wentz probably doesn't see Hurts as a threat as long as Doug is out of the picture.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X