X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slag
    replied
    Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Would make sense except that the only one with more juice than Wentz is Roseman and that would be admitting he made a mistake.
    Duh ... coach killer didn't get his man ... Hurts isn't going anywhere ... Wentz is:

Here's another theory to back my conclusion (a bit more grassy knoll than what Lurie said about rebuilding being an indication of a Wentz trade):

a. Pederson wanted Taylor as OC

b. Taylor is supposedly Wentz's boy

c. Rappaport reported that Pederson was sick of being told what to do

d. So, maybe Pederson actually didn't want to bench Wentz and was ordered to do it ... and, thus, Pederson didn't get fired because Wentz wanted it, he got fired because Wentz didn't want it

e. Wentz is getting traded

EDITED TO ADD: f. QB killer (as in Howlo) gets his man
    Last edited by slag; 01-12-2021, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• McCarthy12
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post
    Confidential to all those who think Wentz has the juice to get Gomer gone ... then, Hurts is next right?

I mean, Wentz is running the team now, so ...
    Would make sense except that the only one with more juice than Wentz is Roseman and that would be admitting he made a mistake.

Coach Killer got his man.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Confidential to all those who think Wentz has the juice to get Gomer gone ... then, Hurts is next right?

I mean, Wentz is running the team now, so ...

Leave a comment:

• broadstreetparade
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

That's how I read that
    Agree as well. This tells me that they have faith Wentz to right the ship with a new HC. Still have no idea what it means for Hurts if this is the case or why Howie drafted in him in the first place? This is a shit show.
    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 01-11-2021, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    Originally posted by Bardy View Post
    No way - firing Pedey was Wentz winning the "He goes or I go" battle.
    That's how I read that

Leave a comment:

• dmg489
    replied
    So we got rid of Foles because he was bad for Wentz mind set, we got rid of Malcolm Jenkins because it wasn’t a Wentz team with him still here, now we get rid of Pedy because Wentz can’t get along with him. What has Wentz actually done to have this much power other than Howie drafting him. Laurie is a fool

Leave a comment:

• Bardy
    replied
    No way - firing Pedey was Wentz winning the "He goes or I go" battle.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    No way Wentz is gone now that Pederson is out unless in includes moving up to draft Lawrence or of thry think Fields is the real deal. If not, this firing was all to placate the franchise QB and move forward with him at the helm.

You can get some decent picks for Hurts since he played decent maybe even your 2nd back as he is a better prospect than many QBs other than the top 2 coming out this year for QB needy teams.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Howie Roseman is running this ... you crying yet?
    No? But I hate Howie and wish he'd been fired?

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    Lurie just said they're rebuliding ... they need to get younger ... they need to stockpile picks ... he said it ... that sound like a Wentz situation to you?
    Re-tooling not rebuilding, big difference. I think they both are back and it's Wentz's job until he plays like he did this year. But by no means is Jalen the future either, 1-3 record, he played his ass off against the Saints and shocked them, then teams got film on him and by the time Doug benched him for Nate he was 7 of 20 for 74 yards 1 INT and 2 Sacks.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Howie Roseman is running this ... you crying yet?

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Lurie just said they're rebuliding ... they need to get younger ... they need to stockpile picks ... he said it ... that sound like a Wentz situation to you?
    Maybe he means letting free agents walk, not making signings that will cancel comp picks, and not trading mid-round picks for guys like Jernigan, Ajayi, Tate, and Avery?

Lurie loves Roseman. Roseman drafted Wentz. Wentz may or may not have wanted out if Pederson stayed. I'd be very surprised if they traded Wentz after all of that.

Leave a comment:

• Dim Bulb
    replied
    You might be right. I wouldn't weep salt tears if Carson left, but kind of heard his speech about how good Carson has been as a backhanded vote of confidence.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Its a real "transition period" ... he's saying they let Pederson go because they are not going to stick him in a losing situation while they re-tool.

He's teeing it up to say the same motherfucking thing when they trade Wentz.

Leave a comment:

• Dim Bulb
    replied
    Agree he said that and agree that's logical. And you can add that he said "it's not my job" to decide whether Carson stays. But then all that talk about how good he's been historically etc...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X