Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Estate is going insane every where.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drama Queen
    replied
    Originally posted by The Duck View Post

That strategy worked. We're under contract on two houses now (DP and scheduled inspection on the one we want, canceling the other), both of them we got on the rebound by bidding $10K over appraisal and paying $2K of the closing costs. And we're seeing several of the houses we lost out on last month back on the market again.
    Thats great news! Keep us informed. Did the seller disclose an appraisal that has already been performed?

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Originally posted by The Duck View Post

That strategy worked. We're under contract on two houses now (DP and scheduled inspection on the one we want, canceling the other), both of them we got on the rebound by bidding $10K over appraisal and paying $2K of the closing costs. And we're seeing several of the houses we lost out on last month back on the market again.
    Good news! I hope you don’t have to deal with anymore bullshit throughout the process. My appraisal came back today on the home I’m buying and it’s 5k more than my purchase price. So I’m happy about that. I close on the new place next Friday.

Leave a comment:

• BigSlizz
    replied
    Originally posted by Riccardo View Post

Yep especially down here. A house up the street went on the market last week, did one open house on sunday, sold and the home inspection guys were there this morning. And they listed at 25% more than we paid for our (identical) house less than 4 years ago!
    To see the grandkid more often, my folks thought having a small house in the neighborhood would be a good idea. They called about one they liked. The realtor told them that there was one open house on a Sunday, and the seller was going to accept an offer they expected to be 20% over list on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Riccardo
    replied
    Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    ... as well as equities and other investments.

How does this merry-go-round stop? I’m not interested in the political aspects, but I would like to hear what people think of inflation, interest rates, bond market and other stuff that will impact the economy.

Yep especially down here. A house up the street went on the market last week, did one open house on sunday, sold and the home inspection guys were there this morning. And they listed at 25% more than we paid for our (identical) house less than 4 years ago!

Leave a comment:

• The Duck
    replied
    Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

That’s what I’m attempting. The house I’m trying to close on just got appraised today, waiting for the results. It needs about 20k in updates and I don’t mind doing that over the next two years. But again, I was able to get my bid accepted before it officially went on the market.

Leave a comment:

• The Duck
    replied
    Originally posted by joydivision View Post
    To Duck, sorry to read that you're going through so much shit right now! I was wondering where you had gone for so long. I can't remember your last correspondence.l was Thinking/hoping you were still reading the board at least, all this time. I wish you well.
    Thanks, man. I've been lurking... just developed a case of chronic apathy somewhere along the way and haven't been able to shake it. Been a weird year.

Leave a comment:

• joydivision
    replied
    To Duck, sorry to read that you're going through so much shit right now! I was wondering where you had gone for so long. I can't remember your last correspondence.l was Thinking/hoping you were still reading the board at least, all this time. I wish you well.

Leave a comment:

• Drama Queen
    replied

Tell them bitches to call you “Boss Hog”.

Im shopping for 10 gallon hats online as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied

Lookin’ at a customized purple Chrysler 300 ...longhorn ornament on the hood... brass bugle horn mounted on the front fender playing the opening of “Low Rider” by War.

Da, Da-Da, Da-Da, Da-Da, Dah!
    Da, Da-Da, Da-Dah!

... loud and bouncin’ like a bitch!
    Tell them bitches to call you “Boss Hog”.

Leave a comment:

• Drama Queen
    replied
    The price of pussy has tripled.

Lookin’ at a customized purple Chrysler 300 ...longhorn ornament on the hood... brass bugle horn mounted on the front fender playing the opening of “Low Rider” by War.

Da, Da-Da, Da-Da, Da-Da, Dah!
    Da, Da-Da, Da-Dah!

... loud and bouncin’ like a bitch!

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    The price of pussy has tripled.

Leave a comment:

• joydivision
    replied
    What happened to my response pionting out your continued ignorance and lazy retort??? I posted it b4 your Re-edit

Leave a comment:

• Drama Queen
    replied

Sorry DQ, I only know you through reading your posts over the years. And your interactions with ur friends on the board. Which I'm sure elements of your life have been exposed. But I don't know you personally nor have I put any of those elements of yourself to my memory bank. I directed my post at You as the originator of the thread, and, the fact that you cam up to the line of the question/issue/lowest common denominator, while still wanting to ignore the elephant in the room. All of the "You"s were really directed at all of us. humanity
    Your post requires philosophical thoughts towards money and other subjects like gerrymandering, gentrification, societal depression, guns, advertising, war, oppression of man’s societal growth, classism and the like.

The only reason I ignored it is the scope of subjects and the time required to discuss them. I wanted to learn a little about the present economic condition from different perspectives.

edit to add:
    “Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    ... as well as equities and other investments.

"Very reasonable thought process. I could see it. Houses can sit a long time under normal circumstances."

How does this merry-go-round stop?”

When you take the time to assemble three quotes from me within this thread and then address me with “You” instead of “We” as a species... yeah these are the elements of the post that felt directed at me. You can see that, right?
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-06-2021, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joydivision
    replied

Edit to add: “You” and elements within the post felt directed at me. If you read it again, I think you will see that. Since you clarified yourself, I’ll “trust” that you mean this.
    Sorry DQ, I only know you through reading your posts over the years. And your interactions with ur friends on the board. Which I'm sure elements of your life have been exposed. But I don't know you personally nor have I put any of those elements of yourself to my memory bank. I directed my post at You as the originator of the thread, and, the fact that you cam up to the line of the question/issue/lowest common denominator, while still wanting to ignore the elephant in the room. All of the "You"s were really directed at all of us. humanity

Leave a comment:

• Drama Queen
    replied
    Not sure of your connotation. But when I said You I wasn't saying you specifically. Just clarifying that.. Trust you?
    Trust me within the narrow context that I wasn’t offended. You have very little to lose with placing trust within that context.

Trust me.

or don’t.

Edit to add: “You” and elements within the post felt directed at me. If you read it again, I think you will see that. Since you clarified yourself, I’ll “trust” that you mean this.
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-06-2021, 03:06 PM. Reason: For additional clarification

Leave a comment:

Working...
X