X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by headknocker View Post

Harold Jackson was my favorite player in those days. When they traded him I instantly became a Rams fan...and then they proceeded to frustrate me when the playoffs rolled around...so typical. I remember the Rams kicking the snot out of the Birds at the Vet on MNF around that time...something like 49-3 or 43-0. It was ugly.
    AND ANOTHER DUMB ASS TRADE, EVEN BACK IN THE DAY.
    GABRIEL HAD ONE GOOD YEAR, JACKSON WENT ON TO THE PRO BOWL SEVEREAL TIMES.
    SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE, EVEN WITH A DIFFERENT FRONT OFFICE.
    AND TRADED AWAY FIRST ROUND PICKS THE FOLLOWING TWO YEARS FOR A QB WITH TENDONITIS IN HIS ELBOW.

(YEA I HAD TO WIKI IT) I COULDN'T REMEMBER ALL THAT. JUST PISSES ME OFF AS AN ADULT LIKE IT DID WHEN I WAS A LITTLE FAWNSPINE GUY.

GOTTA LUV THIS FUCKIN TEAM.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT GABRIEL WAS A 5 FOR ONE TRADE THAT INVOLVED FAN FAVORITE HAROLD JACKSON.

AND YES I SAID 7-9 THIS YEAR AND STICKIN WITH IT.
    Harold Jackson was my favorite player in those days. When they traded him I instantly became a Rams fan...and then they proceeded to frustrate me when the playoffs rolled around...so typical. I remember the Rams kicking the snot out of the Birds at the Vet on MNF around that time...something like 49-3 or 43-0. It was ugly.

Leave a comment:

• maggsgsr
    replied
    This team seems much better than last year. That was a good comeback and win by all 3 phases.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    DAMN I KEEP FORGETTING THAT 17TH GAME.YEA 7-10.
    WHODA THUNK 17 GAMES WHEN THEY WERE PLAYING 14 GAME SCHEDULE BACK IN THE DAY.

Leave a comment:

• Dim Bulb
    replied

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT GABRIEL WAS A 5 FOR ONE TRADE THAT INVOLVED FAN FAVORITE HAROLD JACKSON.

I'm saying 7-10. They can beat the G men and the Jets and the Football Team.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

I really started paying attention when Harold Carmichael was catching those quick slants from Roman Gabriel. That's when things started to get interesting for me.

And to IE: Yeah, I'm a skeptic. Catch Carolina two weeks from now and they'd stomp the life out of us. Yes, that's right, I said "us."

Leave a comment:

• Dim Bulb
    replied
    YEA, THEM LATE 60'S AND THE ENTIRE DECADE OF THE 70'S WAS A ROUGH TIME TO START BEING AN IGGLES FAN.

WHEN I SAID I CAN DIE A HAPPY MAN WITH ONE SUPER BOWL, AND I CAN, BUT I SHOULD HAVE SAID AT LEAST TWO.
    I really started paying attention when Harold Carmichael was catching those quick slants from Roman Gabriel. That's when things started to get interesting for me.

And to IE: Yeah, I'm a skeptic. Catch Carolina two weeks from now and they'd stomp the life out of us. Yes, that's right, I said "us."

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    YEA, THEM LATE 60'S AND THE ENTIRE DECADE OF THE 70'S WAS A ROUGH TIME TO START BEING AN IGGLES FAN.

WHEN I SAID I CAN DIE A HAPPY MAN WITH ONE SUPER BOWL, AND I CAN, BUT I SHOULD HAVE SAID AT LEAST TWO.

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied
    I DON'T SEE A THING THAT SEZ ABOUT A 'PARADE'.
    FIRST THING HE SAID NO ONE IS SAYING THIS TEAM IS GOOD.

AND A WIN IS ALWAYS A GOOD WIN.
    SHIT WE...YES WE... WERE PLAYING LIKE SHIT ALL DAY.
    HELL I THOUGHT THIS THING WAS OVER, LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE DID. TOOK MY DOG TO THE BEACH.

IGGS SHOWED ME THEY MAY HAVE SOME HEART AFTER ALL...AND THAT IS WHAT WE WANT... ALL DAY.
    I suspect Spartan ain't old enough to know what it's like to watch the futility we did from the 60s through the 90s. Oh we had some success, but parades? Not even a dream, with a few exceptions that crapped out every time anyway! He thinks this is bad, he should be forced to watch the old Swamp Fox days... We made heroes of Vermeil and Jaworski, Buddy and Randall, and others, none of which brought us a parade. I'd be surprised, pleasantly of course, if they won another SB in my life, but I don't expect it. Reid actually spoiled the younger fans, they can't cope with the return to the fiascos us old farts are used to, he actually made us competitive, but again, parades? NADA! Bitching about it, especially after a good result, will leave you miserable pretty much constantly.
    Last edited by Birdwatcher; 10-10-2021, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    I DON'T SEE A THING THAT SEZ ABOUT A 'PARADE'.
    FIRST THING HE SAID NO ONE IS SAYING THIS TEAM IS GOOD.

AND A WIN IS ALWAYS A GOOD WIN.
    SHIT WE...YES WE... WERE PLAYING LIKE SHIT ALL DAY.
    HELL I THOUGHT THIS THING WAS OVER, LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE DID. TOOK MY DOG TO THE BEACH.

IGGS SHOWED ME THEY MAY HAVE SOME HEART AFTER ALL...AND THAT IS WHAT WE WANT... ALL DAY.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by WhyYouMadThough View Post
    Where did anyone say anything about a parade?

Stay miserable. Pussy
    Ooooh the personal attack like that is supposed to bother me lol. You are too cute. In one breathe you claim we shouldn't bitch and point out the obvious and on another post you bitch about the coach. Classic bipolar denail but all good. All fans accepted hahahaha.
    Last edited by Spartan92; 10-10-2021, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WhyYouMadThough
    replied
    Where did anyone say anything about a parade?

Stay miserable. Pussy
    Last edited by WhyYouMadThough; 10-10-2021, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by WhyYouMadThough View Post
    No one is accepting anything. No one is saying this is a good team

they won. Winning is good. Some of us choose to enjoy a win rather than complain about the shortcomings everyone is acutely aware of.
    Plan the parade route son

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
    bwah, people getting excited beating a team that were missing 3 of their best players and got the breaks blown off them by Dallas last week. Ok ya team is amazing, plan the parade!! They will win some games but they are bottom feeders man. Some of you guys get hard ons for Honey Boo Boos mom. Wow the bar is really low on this board lately sheesh.
    You forgot the mention the Eagles are missing 3 offensive lineman and 1 out of position also our best defensive end. But that's ok only make excuses for the other team losing.

Leave a comment:

• WhyYouMadThough
    replied
    No one is accepting anything. No one is saying this is a good team

they won. Winning is good. Some of us choose to enjoy a win rather than complain about the shortcomings everyone is acutely aware of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X