Couple of Observations from Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Observations from Last Night

1. Frank Reich calls running plays. Didja notice that Little Nick?
    2. Cartson looked good. Even though they lost the battle, the Colts schedule has real Mr. Softee status and if he keeps playing like that our draft pick will be in the high teens.
    3. Hard seltzers just flat out suck and are probably the work of Satan.
    DB

Not sure if I agree about the Colts schedule. They still play the Titans, 49ers, Bills, and Bucs before December. If they don't win at least one of those games, there's a real chance that they shut down Wentz after only ~70% of the season.

Unfortunately it would have been better for the Eagles if Indy had won last night.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Not sure if I agree about the Colts schedule. They still play the Titans, 49ers, Bills, and Bucs before December. If they don't win at least one of those games, there's a real chance that they shut down Wentz after only ~70% of the season.

Unfortunately it would have been better for the Eagles if Indy had won last night.
      So it's the percentage of snaps. OT helps us (that's right) because there are more snaps that he took. I don't think they'll shut him down. There are six wins left on their schedule, fo sho.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wentz-w...033440946.html
      DB

Comment

I was pulling for the Colts simply because Jonathon Taylor is a South Jersey guy and played his high school ball at Salem HS which is the next town over from where I grew up. I saw him play several times and he was simply a beast at the high school level, particularly against the small school Group 1 competition he faced. He's also a good dude so it's hard not to root for him. Wentz...not so much.

Comment

Wentz continuing to play too well to bench but the Colts losing is the dream scenario. Unless there is a complete implosion I don't think they shut him down. Too soft to handle it.

I did chuckle on that last drive in regulation...back-foot moonball...ill-advised shovel pass...incomplete deep shot instead of easy yards underneath. Same guy as always.

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post
            Wentz continuing to play too well to bench but the Colts losing is the dream scenario. Unless there is a complete implosion I don't think they shut him down. Too soft to handle it.

With that division and their schedule the season will hopefully still have life in December. While I agree it'd be a delicate situation to bench him - I think they'd find a way to finesse it - it would be pretty foolish not to if that pick is looking like a top 10.
            Last edited by Mr. Triple Dip; 10-12-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

With that division and their schedule the season will hopefully still have life in December. While I agree it'd be a delicate situation to bench him - I think they'd find a way to finesse it - it would be pretty foolish not to if that pick is looking like a top 10.
              The division may be the saving grace. Their pick could look top 10 and they could have real shot at the playoffs at the same time.

In reality I think they can still finish around .500. Not a great team but not complete ass either. Don't trust Tennessee an ounce.

Comment

Next three weeks will make things clearer. Colts have Texans (H) and 49ers (A), Titans have Bills and Chiefs (both H). Then the Titans play the Colts in Indy. If the Colts lose, they will be no better than 3-5 to Tennessee’s 4-4 and have lost the tiebreaker due to two losses to the Titans. Last nine games the Colts schedule is more difficult than the Titans.

Comment

I’m hopeful to see the Eagles thread the needle here. Get the best pick possible. This means the Colts doing poorly, but not too poorly.

I think the biggest threat to the pick is injury. It’s not like that hasn’t happened to this guy before.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

WHY IS EVERYONE SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS FIRST ROUND PICK?
                    YOU KNOW THE FO IS GOING TO TRADE DOWN FOR JOE BLOW AND A NEW PRACTICE SQUADER.
                    OR BLOW THE PICK AND TAKE A SKIER OR THE SECOND STRINGER FROM BOWZER U.. THAT LOVES HARD SELTZER
                    JUST SAYIN.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                      OR BLOW THE PICK AND TAKE A SKIER OR THE SECOND STRINGER FROM BOWZER U.. THAT LOVES HARD SELTZER
                      JUST SAYIN.
                      I’m not worried. I’ll take the sweet sweet misery and humiliation of Cartson instead of the first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                        JUST SAYIN.
                        You, sir, are dead on right. My hope is that with three first round picks Howie the Hard Seltzer Guzzler will get one right by sheer luck.
                        DB

Comment

Working...
                        X