X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Because bitching is pointless. Hurts looks like what they drafted him to be. A competent backup QB. (Same thing Minshew is) 2nd round was too high but it's not an exact science. The plan was not for head case Wentz to wuss out and skip town. After he did it made complete sense to give Hurts a shot this season.

A bigger concern is that Hurts is regressing. Maybe that's because teams are getting tape on him. But a lot of that is because Sirianni is a lousy coach. I can't remember a guy with a worse feel for playcalling. He's got about four play calls. One of them is a bubble screen and one of them is calling a bomb every four plays. Lurie blew this hire big time.

I would have pulled Hurts tonight at the half just to give him a chance to get his head together. Sirianni is putting the responsibility for the whole offense on Hurts by refusing to use Sanders. Coaching malpractice.

That said, they need to use their 2022 draft picks on more players - not a lottery pick in a bad class of QBs. And they need to replace the coaching staff and quit letting Howie/Jeffy evaluate players.

Regressing, when was he ever any good other than running with his legs? If they wanted a back up QB, you didn't have to blow a 2nd round pick on a dude you know can't play the position.

Now, coach definitely looks bad but could it be possible that he is limited with knowing Hurts sucks at everything including running the RPO's? The guy can't get past a 1st read and stumbles over RPO's. He has no touch on a deep ball and his accuracy stinks to play any type of timing game. Maybe we need to see Sirianni with a real NFL QB before we write him off. (as far a 4 play calls, I am not sure Hurts can even execute those 4 lol) I just suspect he is limited in what he can do with Hurts but the lack or run plays is concerning either way.

Nicky doesn't have the clout to pull Hurts his daddy Howie won't let him and he doesn't have the resume to tell Howie fly a kite.

Even with 3 top 10 picks, we all know Howie will fuck it up anyways. That dude needs to be moved back to a corner office and let nowhere near personnel decisions period!

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Only took 2 quarters from many calling me out last week to agreeing this week lol I already lost my sanity with this idiot but more so with the organization that let this happen and continue to allow it.
    Because bitching is pointless. Hurts looks like what they drafted him to be. A competent backup QB. (Same thing Minshew is) 2nd round was too high but it's not an exact science. The plan was not for head case Wentz to wuss out and skip town. After he did it made complete sense to give Hurts a shot this season.

A bigger concern is that Hurts is regressing. Maybe that's because teams are getting tape on him. But a lot of that is because Sirianni is a lousy coach. I can't remember a guy with a worse feel for playcalling. He's got about four play calls. One of them is a bubble screen and one of them is calling a bomb every four plays. Lurie blew this hire big time.

I would have pulled Hurts tonight at the half just to give him a chance to get his head together. Sirianni is putting the responsibility for the whole offense on Hurts by refusing to use Sanders. Coaching malpractice.

That said, they need to use their 2022 draft picks on more players - not a lottery pick in a bad class of QBs. And they need to replace the coaching staff and quit letting Howie/Jeffy evaluate players.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    SOME PEOPLE LOVE TO HATE.

GOTTA GIVE THIS KID A CHANCE TO DEVELOP.

WHO KNOWS, WITH THE RIGHT COACHING, THE CORRECT MENTOR, THE CORRECT QB COACH TO TEACH THIS KID, MAYBE HE COULD TURN INTO 'THAT GUY' THAT WE WANT AND NEED. MAYBE NOT,
    BUT HE HAS TO PLAY THROUGH IT.

THIS YEAR WAS A WASH, A REBUILD YEAR, EVERY TEAM GOES THRU IT.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    And some the hate on here is way out of line.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    I am disappointed and have serious doubt that he will make it as a starter here or anywhere.

But his statistics are better than McNabb’s in his career so far, and McNabb had a better running game, better O line, vastly better defense that wasn’t constantly putting him in holes, and a much better coach.

Benching him now would kill any trade value. This team is going nowhere in 2021 and never was.

Finally, he’s all we’ve got, so I’m rooting for him to succeed.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
    He's played 10 games which have been against the SB champions, the former SB champions, SB loser two years ago, at Dallas twice, at Carolina, at Atlanta, mop up at GB, the playoff bound Saints, playoff bound Washington and (at?) Arizona. Not a lot of easy or even realistically winnable games and his numbers are actually historic for a QB in his first 10 starts. Everyone should give it a rest until the schedule lightens up.
    THERE'S MORE TO THIS GAME THAN NUMBERS.
    THERE'S MORE TO THIS GAME THAN ANAL-LYTICS
    WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT GIVE THIS KID A CHANCE
    NONE OF IT IS OUR DECISION TO MAKE WHETHER HE PLAYS OR NOT.
    HE IS OUR QB AND WANT NOTHING BETTER THEN HIM TO PLAY WELL.

BUT DECISION MAKING BY THE 'PRO' QB, WHETHER TO PASS OR RUN, ACCURACY IN HIS PASSES, STRENGTH OF HIS ARM ARE SUSPECT TO SAY THE LEAST.

AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-15-2021, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
    He's played 10 games which have been against the SB champions, the former SB champions, SB loser two years ago, at Dallas twice, at Carolina, at Atlanta, mop up at GB, the playoff bound Saints, playoff bound Washington and (at?) Arizona. Not a lot of easy or even realistically winnable games and his numbers are actually historic for a QB in his first 10 starts. Everyone should give it a rest until the schedule lightens up.
    Actually quite the opposite! I don’t need to see inflated stats from playing shitty teams.

Hurts is trash…a career backup at best. Pass

Leave a comment:

• Lar6767
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by WhyYouMadThough View Post
    Actually I stand corrected. This guy stinks.

I can’t take watching him hold the ball too long and have no vision. For my own sanity if they went to someone else I’d be fine with it.
    Only took 2 quarters from many calling me out last week to agreeing this week lol I already lost my sanity with this idiot but more so with the organization that let this happen and continue to allow it.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    Just get him off the field at this point…he’s fuckin trash

Leave a comment:

• WhyYouMadThough
    replied
    Actually I stand corrected. This guy stinks.

I can’t take watching him hold the ball too long and have no vision. For my own sanity if they went to someone else I’d be fine with it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    He got benched for Tua. Who sucks.
    Imagine that. Then thinking it was a good idea to waste a 2nd and thinking he was going to run your offense lol

Leave a comment:

• Dim Bulb
    replied
    He got benched for Tua. Who sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Another great deep throw by Hurts. He should not be at the helm at half time

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    I want those first round draft picks used on defense. Minshew can be the starter next season.

And get a new coaching staff.
    I wouldn't hate this. No QB in the draft worth anything this year. 3 1's and change for Watson with this defense is not a good idea. Old dline and no LB's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X