Devonta Smith is not an WR1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devonta Smith is not an WR1.

Not strong enough or fast enough. He's getting pushed around. He'll be a fine WR2 but the Eagles need a big body WR1.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

What's interesting is that he never ran a public 40. Not at the combine, not at Alabama pro day. He just doesn't look fast out there. Add to that three drops today. Devonta Stiff.
    DB

Comment

Go figure we always get the wrong dude. Chase killing it in Cincinnati. No I doubt Cincinnati would have traded their pick and yes it was the luck of the draw so they got him first but that's just our luck. That and I still beleive Howie would have fucked it anyways lol

Comment

Let him play with a real QB who doesn’t throw behind him or that makes him go to the ground to make the catch. This dude is the least of our problems

Comment

Originally posted by birds586 View Post
          Let him play with a real QB who doesn’t throw behind him or that makes him go to the ground to make the catch. This dude is the least of our problems
          I didn't say he was a problem but he's not a solution either. He dropped three easy catches and he gets pushed around too much. He can be a WR2. Get Hurts a real WR1. And a pocket would be nice too. Mailata got abused. They can't be moving him from side to side.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I didn't say he was a problem but he's not a solution either. He dropped three easy catches and he gets pushed around too much. He can be a WR2. Get Hurts a real WR1. And a pocket would be nice too. Mailata got abused. They can't be moving him from side to side.
            All I’m sayin is give the kid a chance. For me, hurts won’t benefit from a “real 1” or an offensive line. The kid is not an nfl QB. His threat to run is the only reason he even got this chance. He’s a one read QB who has zero touch on the ball. His deep ball is pathetic at best and he avoids the middle of the field like the plague.

granted this high school coaching staff isn’t doing him any favors but I’ve seen all I need from this clown to know we need to look elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by birds586 View Post

All I’m sayin is give the kid a chance. For me, hurts won’t benefit from a “real 1” or an offensive line. The kid is not an nfl QB. His threat to run is the only reason he even got this chance. He’s a one read QB who has zero touch on the ball. His deep ball is pathetic at best and he avoids the middle of the field like the plague.

granted this high school coaching staff isn’t doing him any favors but I’ve seen all I need from this clown to know we need to look elsewhere
              Smith is getting a chance. He had nine targets and flat out dropped three balls. He gets routinely bullied off his routes. Goedert makes those catches. Hell, even Reagor made a contested catch. Smith was the tenth overall pick and is not playing like it. Mostly a size/strength problem which is unlikely to change. Hurts was drafted as a backup QB and looks like a decent one. He'll eventually settle into that role. When the opportunity comes to upgrade him, they will. It's not there now. Might not be until the 23 draft. Gardner Minshew sure isnt it.

Until they fix the coaching staff and the defense, the QB doesn't matter much. Need a linebacker, edge rusher and cornerback with those first round picks. And get rid of Sirianni and his crew.

Comment

I would note that Desean Jackson is not even the size of Devonta Smith and he never had an issue with getting knocked off his routes. He’s 34 and he still lines up on the line of scrimmage outside.

Comment

"Until they fix the coaching staff and the defense, the QB doesn't matter much. Need a linebacker, edge rusher and cornerback with those first round picks. And get rid of Sirianni and his crew."

Now with this, we are in 1000% agreement

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                    I would note that Desean Jackson is not even the size of Devonta Smith and he never had an issue with getting knocked off his routes. He’s 34 and he still lines up on the line of scrimmage outside.
                    The big difference is DJax runs a 4.35 40 and Devonta runs 4.5. If D-backs make a mistake with Desean, he's gone.. Also I think Desean is sturdier at 5-10 175 than Smith at 6' 170.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                      Go figure we always get the wrong dude. Chase killing it in Cincinnati. No I doubt Cincinnati would have traded their pick and yes it was the luck of the draw so they got him first but that's just our luck. That and I still beleive Howie would have fucked it anyways lol
                      Knowing that Chase wouldn't fall to 6 was one of the few things that Howie gotten right lately.

Seems a bit early to say we got the wrong dude. According to dudes who watch film, Smith is showing some good things, but the biggest problem is his QB.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Knowing that Chase wouldn't fall to 6 was one of the few things that Howie gotten right lately.

Seems a bit early to say we got the wrong dude. According to dudes who watch film, Smith is showing some good things, but the biggest problem is his QB.
                        Ya I know I'm a bit salty on how the year is going. Like I said in my post there was no way Cincy was passing on Chase nor trading that pick so Howie had no choice. My point was more the luck this team has that other players drafted end up better.

Definitely too soon and Smith will be a good player but ya agreed he needs an NFL QB. Can be be the WR1 I don't know maybe but he will be good if not legit.

Comment

Working...
                        X