Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO IF ANY OF YOU JERSEY YAHOOS ARE INTO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headknocker
    replied
    I haven't seen any of that game but I saw the Clifton coach's quote where he said just that..."we were robbed".

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    IT LOOKED LIKE FROM THE REPLAY THAT CLIFTON GOT ROBBED ON THAT LAST PLAY IN OT, 4TH AND 1 FROM THE GOAL LINE.

IT REALLY LOOKED LIKE A TD FOR CLIFTON, INSTEAD OF A 100 YD TD FUMBLE RECOVERY FOR E. ORANGE.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Yeah, I saw much of the Millville game but the feed was spotty for me during that game. It looked like it was gonna be a blowout when they raced out to a 28-7 lead in the first half and then Winslow scored two quick TD's at the end of the first half to make it a ballgame. I knew Winslow was tough because they were beating Cedar Creek 13-0(?) in the first quarter midway into the season and then Creek scored 35 unanswered points before Winslow scored two TD's late in the 4th qtr to make it look it somewhat closer than it really was. I was thrilled to see Jonathon Taylor's alma mater Salem convincingly beat previously undefeated Woodbury 34-8 Sunday morning. I grew up in the next town over in Salem County so I was certainly pulling for them.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    I DIDN'T SEE THAT GAME, BUT I WILL TODAY.

DID YOU WATCH MILLEVILLE AND LEQUINT ALLEN?
    HE HAD 316 YARDS HIMSELF.
    THAT KID GONNA BE SOMETHING SPECIAL AT CUSE.
    AND PLAYED THE ENTIRE GAME ON DEFENSE.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-06-2021, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Did you catch the Cedar Creek-Woodrow Wilson game tonight? It was a classic...Creek was down 22-0 in the 1st qtr and came roaring back to finally take the lead 35-34 with three minutes left in the game. The ending was insane as the Wilson drive controversially ended at the CC 1/2 yard line with 14 seconds remaining. The replay booth let the call on the field stand but I'm still not sure if the kid's knee ever touched the ground before crossing the goal line. Creek just barely survives to finish 13-0 and be crowned State Group 3 South/Central Regional champions. I'm expecting Millville to bring home the Group 4 title tomorrow.
    Last edited by headknocker; 12-05-2021, 12:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    I THOUGHT JEFFERSON WAS COMING BACK TO PULL THE UPSET, BUT CALDWELL JUST TO MUCH FOR EM.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    NJ.com will be streaming all of the championship games for free this weekend and the next if anyone is interested. The missus and I were thinking about going to the Cedar Creek-Woodrow Wilson game next Saturday until I saw they were the last game of the day which is a 7pm kickoff...ummm, no. I'll watch it online and then catch the Salem-Woodbury game online the next day at 10am. Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco play each other this weekend. DB shut down St Augustine last week so it should be a good one.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Yeah, I saw the write-up of the game on nj.com,...total domination...impressive. I thought it would be ugly because Millville has a helluva team this year. St Augustine beat Millville by two TD's early in the season but I'd put my money on Millville if there was a rematch as the Thunderbolts are red-hot right now. Mike Trout must be proud of his alma mater.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    MILLEVILLE DEFENSE GAVE UP A TOTAL OF 8 YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF VS. VINELAND THANKSGIVING DAY, SCORED 45-0 FIRST HALF.
    TALK ABOUT SHUT DOWN D.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    Yup, Cedar Creek WR JoJo Bermudez has committed to Cincinnati...the kid's special. Delsea's coach for the last 29 years, Sal Marchese, said he's one of the best he's ever seen. Yesterday he caught a screen pass at the Cedar Creek 25 yard line, raced-up the near sideline until he was at midfield and then cut back across across the field as he zig-zagged several times until he finally outraced everyone along the far sideline for an electric 75 yard TD. The kid's fast, quick as a cat and has great hands. I can't wait to see if makes a big impact at Cincinnati.
    Last edited by headknocker; 11-21-2021, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    MILLVILLE HAS A PLAYER LEQUINT ALLEN GOING TO CUSE NEXT YEAR. PLAYED RB, DEFENSE, QB IN 4TH QUARTER.
    KID GOING TO BE STAR.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by headknocker View Post
    Hershey Park Stadium is perfect size....good size but not too big and cavernous. I'm not a big fan of holding the public regional championship games and the Non-Public state championship games at MetLife Stadium and Rutgers Stadium. Back in '07 I went to see Holy Spirit play Immaculata at Rutgers stadium for the state championship, Spirit brought three busloads of fans which obviously didn't people like my wife and me who simply drove there to support South Jersey's best team(and ranked 3rd in the state...the biggest OL I've ever seen in South Jersey...Dino Hall's(remember him from his days with the Browns?) son was one of the WR's on that team). Even with a very strong showing of support Rutgers Stadium looked empty. It was great when all of the SJ public championship games were held at Rowan as a fan could pay just one price and see 3-4 championship games on Saturday The home bleachers at Rowan are pretty big and the visitor bleachers are adequate but could stand to be a little bigger for such an event. The last time I was there was during Jonathon Taylor's senior year at Salem High when they lost a heartbreaker to Paulsboro in front of 4000+...might've been closer to 5000. Look at Jonathon now. BTW, Salem again plays Paulsboro tomorrow for the SJ G1 title.
    THE COOLEST GAME I'VE SEEN IS WHEN FRANKFORD BEAT ARCHBISHOP WOOD FOR THE CITY TITLE AT JFK IN 78.

ACTUALLY BEEN TO A FEW CITY TITLE GAMES AT THE VET AND A FEW AT FRANKLIN FIELD.
    MOST OF THEM FROM AL ANGELO YEARS AT FRANKFORD.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    IT WASN'T PRETTY.
    WHEN I LIVED IN PA, WENT TO QUAKERTOWN'S GAMES FOR 18 YEARS.
    THEY LOST BIG TOO. THEY WERE 12-0 GOIN IN.

USED TO GO SEE NORTH PENN PLAY ALSO....
    THEY LOST.
    NOT A GOOD DAY....

I HOPE THE EAGLES DON'T FOLLOW THIS BUS.

I'D LIKE TO SEE JERSEY STATE FINALS, JUST TOO LONG A DRIVE FROM EHT.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-20-2021, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• headknocker
    replied
    I guess you saw Millville beat OC 40-3 last night. I expected therm to win comfortably but that score surprised me...never expected a blowout. Unfortunately, St Augustine lost 17-0 to Don Bosco Prep so they won't be playing Bergen Catholic for the state title afterall.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    WAS AT ONE HS GAME AT THE VET.
    MY ALMA FRANKFORD VS NORTH CATHOLIC 50 YEAR ANNIVERSARY GAME.
    MUST HAVE 35-40K PEOPLE IN THAT PLACE.
    GAME USED TO BE AT TEMPLE STADIUM.
    WHICH WAS 3/4 FULL EVERY YEAR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X