X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Sirriani said Smith was the first look on the last play.. so much for sticking to the plan... Howie and Jeff must have went straight to Hurts and told him to make poor choices all day. There's no way Hurts could just be a guy who isn't good at playing QB. There's only like 3-4 years of college tape and now a full season (16 games) in the NFL. It can't be that he just doesn't see the field and gets the ball out incredibly late on a regular basis. Conspiracy theory is way more logical.
    I'M NOT SURE IF YOUR PULLIN OUR CHAIN OR SERIOUS.. DAMNIT.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Hurts sucked but I have serious questions about the gameplan yesterday. They had established an identity as a run first team that was working and Sirianni decides to overthink it and switch things up. You can't tell me that Howie or Jeff didn't make the decision to feature Reagor when they passed. Hurts doesn't make that decision on his own. The kid follows the gameplan.

I don't want high draft picks used on a QB for next season. All the top prospects are projects and elite vet QBs are not coming to Philly. Hurts and Minshew can fight it out. Maybe throw a mid rounder in the mix. They need an edge rusher, a linebacker, a D-back and another WR. I get that Howie sucks at the draft. They still need to address those positions. Get a QB in 23.

It isn't pretty but this offense has proven to work when they leverage Hurts legs and the big O-line, run first and feature Smith and Goedert when they pass. You can't build the gameplan around Hurts passing.

One thing you gotta say for Hurts is that as shitty as he played, he was executing at the end of the game. Fkkking Reagor.
    Sirriani said Smith was the first look on the last play.. so much for sticking to the plan... Howie and Jeff must have went straight to Hurts and told him to make poor choices all day. There's no way Hurts could just be a guy who isn't good at playing QB. There's only like 3-4 years of college tape and now a full season (16 games) in the NFL. It can't be that he just doesn't see the field and gets the ball out incredibly late on a regular basis. Conspiracy theory is way more logical.

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    Originally posted by bk View Post

Not sure about that. Didn't the giants score 0 points from those interceptions? All three? And didn't they have 2 touchdowns called back for non-Hurts related penalties? And two dropped touchdown receptions (Ward's and the final catch). There might have been one more.

Hurts played poorly. But to say he WAS the reason they lost misses the mark by a country mile.
    Now who is making excuses for the QB

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Despite everything else, Hurts plays better, the Eagles win. He didn’t have to be great, or even good. Bang average would have sufficed. That’s the bottom line in the NFL - when the team is faltering or short handed or both, the quarterback has to make plays.
    Hurts sucked but I have serious questions about the gameplan yesterday. They had established an identity as a run first team that was working and Sirianni decides to overthink it and switch things up. You can't tell me that Howie or Jeff didn't make the decision to feature Reagor when they passed. Hurts doesn't make that decision on his own. The kid follows the gameplan.

I don't want high draft picks used on a QB for next season. All the top prospects are projects and elite vet QBs are not coming to Philly. Hurts and Minshew can fight it out. Maybe throw a mid rounder in the mix. They need an edge rusher, a linebacker, a D-back and another WR. I get that Howie sucks at the draft. They still need to address those positions. Get a QB in 23.

It isn't pretty but this offense has proven to work when they leverage Hurts legs and the big O-line, run first and feature Smith and Goedert when they pass. You can't build the gameplan around Hurts passing.

One thing you gotta say for Hurts is that as shitty as he played, he was executing at the end of the game. Fkkking Reagor.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    The improvement of the coaching staff is only measurable since it began from so low a beginning. Coaching had a lot to do with scoring only 7 points yesterday and once again zero points from one yard out.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Triple Dip
    replied
    Seemed like all week I kept coming across a talking head hyping Hurts up, culminating in a Sunday morning drop from one of the NFL's mouthpieces Ian Rapaport saying that "Jalen Hurts has opportunity to earn long-term starting job in Philly". I still believe we are stuck in QB limbo for a bit, Hurts is likely not the guy but the best alternative for another year.

The coaching staff is winning me over and dare I say Howie's moves since January are reminiscent of fresh out of exile Howie in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• bk
    replied
    Agreed. Now on to the important bet of the week: Does Reagor start next week? I say they'll have him starting the game.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    Despite everything else, Hurts plays better, the Eagles win. He didn’t have to be great, or even good. Bang average would have sufficed. That’s the bottom line in the NFL - when the team is faltering or short handed or both, the quarterback has to make plays. He undid a lot of goodwill yesterday. He can’t have another game like that ever in Philly.
    Last edited by RSE; 11-29-2021, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    Absolutely. But the penalties kept two TDs off the board too. And so did the 2 or three dropped TD catches.

My only point is that there was a lot to be desired yesterday from several key players. Poor play all around and some weird playcalling to boot.
    Definitely agree with you on this! Other than the defense, the rest of the team was just shit. A truly pathetic performance

Leave a comment:

• bk
    replied
    Absolutely. But the penalties kept two TDs off the board too. And so did the 2 or three dropped TD catches.

My only point is that there was a lot to be desired yesterday from several key players. Poor play all around and some weird playcalling to boot.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Biggest reason they lost and it's not even close IMO. He left at least 6 points out there with awful plays.
    This! No the giants didn’t score off the TO’s but it kept points off the board for us

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied

Not sure about that. Didn't the giants score 0 points from those interceptions? All three? And didn't they have 2 touchdowns called back for non-Hurts related penalties? And two dropped touchdown receptions (Ward's and the final catch). There might have been one more.

Hurts played poorly. But to say he WAS the reason they lost misses the mark by a country mile.
    Biggest reason they lost and it's not even close IMO. He left at least 6 points out there with awful plays.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied

Don't get me wrong, I definitely overreacted as there were a number of reasons we lost to that shitbag giants team. None bigger than Reagor dropping a ball right in his hands. But make no mistake, the 2 redzone int's cost them dearly yesterday! That game should have been over by the end of the 3rd qtr. It never should have come down to a 4th and 10 dropped ball.

And that's on hurts

Leave a comment:

• bk
    replied
    Originally posted by birds586 View Post
    today he WAS the reason we lost this game with his redzone turnovers and CFL level field vision

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    Not sure if anyone pointed that out but he played like dogshit.
    But but, it wasn’t hurts…he took us down with a chance to win, LMAO!

Hey credit to the kid for his recent play but today he WAS the reason we lost this game with his redzone turnovers and CFL level field vision

Leave a comment:

Working...
X