• Show
Clear All

• Hurts

Looks like a pro bowl qb

Maybe that was premature

Comment

Play calling there was awful.

Comment

He missed some plays but I thought he was excellent for the most part in the first half... Getting a little shaky as of late. Have to put it away here

Comment

Looks good enough to start next season. Need to fix the defense.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Looks good enough to start next season. Need to fix the defense.
            Thanks I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Thanks I'll pass.
              Are you a part of the instant gratification generation? For basically a rookie, he has had an above average season, even compared to some QBs that went on to become great. Not saying he is going to do that, but he has improved over the season, sure he needs to get better in certain areas, but with his style of smart running (he slides or gets out of bounds more often than he takes a hit), he could end up being very good. Beef up the D and get a couple of OL for Stout to teach, and we could be real contenders next year.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

Are you a part of the instant gratification generation? For basically a rookie, he has had an above average season, even compared to some QBs that went on to become great. Not saying he is going to do that, but he has improved over the season, sure he needs to get better in certain areas, but with his style of smart running (he slides or gets out of bounds more often than he takes a hit), he could end up being very good. Beef up the D and get a couple of OL for Stout to teach, and we could be real contenders next year.
                No, I'm not. Are you part of the be happy with a shitty product because other products are worse generation? I've watched Hurts for years. He's not basically a rookie. He could end up being "very good" but I'd rather not have my team forfeiting entire seasons trying to nurture him. A college program didn't want to waste an entire season with him when they had Tua waiting in the wings LOL. He's inherently flawed. If they decide to roll with him, I hope I'm wrong and he makes me Stfu.

Comment

I'm not sure if Hurts is the answer moving forward but for me he is such a breath of fresh air. I was watching the Colts-Raiders game today and I'm still happy that the Eagles made that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                    I'm not sure if Hurts is the answer moving forward but for me he is such a breath of fresh air. I was watching the Colts-Raiders game today and I'm still happy that the Eagles made that decision.
                    this is where I’m at, not convinced Hurts is the guy but I felt the same way about Wentz(and still do). On the bright side they aren’t paying Hurts like he’s the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

No, I'm not. Are you part of the be happy with a shitty product because other products are worse generation? I've watched Hurts for years. He's not basically a rookie. He could end up being "very good" but I'd rather not have my team forfeiting entire seasons trying to nurture him. A college program didn't want to waste an entire season with him when they had Tua waiting in the wings LOL. He's inherently flawed. If they decide to roll with him, I hope I'm wrong and he makes me Stfu.
                      No I just have patience, and I am sorry that your evaluation of him does not inspire confidence in me, you are just another armchair critic. Years of playing college football doesn't make him any less a rookie, not technically, but he started just a few games on a dysfunctional team last year, I don't know if he has it in the long run, and though you are sure you do, it is still just your speculation. I'm just saying there are other parts we should address next draft rather than another QB, the crop ain't that impressive this year anyway. Maybe they keep Minshew, or trade him and sign another vet to back up Hurts, but if Howie wastes a lot of capital for a QB in the draft, then I will be pissed.

Comment

Hurts definitely isn’t a rookie.

I thought he was pretty good today. Should have gotten a PI call on the last pass to Reagor IMO.

One problem with him is kind of the converse of what happens with the defense. Long drives mark it hard to score a lot of points. I think they had 3 possessions in the first half today.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

No I just have patience, and I am sorry that your evaluation of him does not inspire confidence in me, you are just another armchair critic. Years of playing college football doesn't make him any less a rookie, not technically, but he started just a few games on a dysfunctional team last year, I don't know if he has it in the long run, and though you are sure you do, it is still just your speculation. I'm just saying there are other parts we should address next draft rather than another QB, the crop ain't that impressive this year anyway. Maybe they keep Minshew, or trade him and sign another vet to back up Hurts, but if Howie wastes a lot of capital for a QB in the draft, then I will be pissed.
                          He's started more than a season worth of games in the NFL. He's not a rookie by any measure. When I say anything about him in college, it's referencing the fact that he's still playing the same way. I'm not trying to sway you to think any particular way. I don't really care if you're Hurts's number one fan or his biggest hater. You're the one asking if part of the "instant gratification generation", I answered and gave you my reasoning. I'm not rooting against Hurts. My honest evaluation, which you can wipe your ass with for all I care, is that this team has gotten by on an incredibly soft second half schedule. Enjoy the ride

Comment

He started 5 games last year, had a couple of plays here and there in games with Wentz, and this season, not exactly an experienced vet yet, but I guess you think he has topped out? Won't get any better? Don't bother answering. I have obviously upset you, and I am sorry, it's New Years and the birds are going to the playoffs (and I say 1 and done) so don't let me bring you down. BTW, I am enjoying the ride, what's not to enjoy? Life is too short, peace brother.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                              He’s a Pro Bowl alternate.

Eagles need to move forward like he’s the answer and pick up talent in this coming draft.

In the playoffs, the expectation is that Hurts plays like a Pro Bowl alternate. There is no looking back.

Comment

Working...
                              X