X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birds586
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

What would you think if the starters had played and lost? Or if someone like Slay, Johnson, or Goedert had played and gotten hurt?

I can recall 5 instances in which the Eagles rested in week 17 (2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2017). The only time that they lost in the 1st round (2010) was because they faced a better team, not because they rested guys.

Not quite the same scenario, but in 2013 they played to win a meaningless week 16 game and that didn’t do them any favors in the postseason.

It’s just pointless to complain about last night.
    I see your point and even agree…it just pisses me off

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by birds586 View Post

Just never thought I’d see the day where getting worked at home by those assholes and letting them score 50 would be met with such passivity

I get the circumstances and how meaningless it was but JFC, cmon bro that was horseshit last night and you know it

Flower boy didn’t do this team any favors with that outcome
    What would you think if the starters had played and lost? Or if someone like Slay, Johnson, or Goedert had played and gotten hurt?

I can recall 5 instances in which the Eagles rested in week 17 (2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2017). The only time that they lost in the 1st round (2010) was because they faced a better team, not because they rested guys.

Not quite the same scenario, but in 2013 they played to win a meaningless week 16 game and that didn’t do them any favors in the postseason.

It’s just pointless to complain about last night.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by birds586 View Post
    We"ll find that out next week.

Kinda sad that you're all triggered by a couple dumbass Dallas fans you work with. Toughen up, daffodil.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
    WHAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS GAME AND A PRESEASON GAME?
    ABOUT 55°.
    WHO CARES...
    Just never thought I’d see the day where getting worked at home by those assholes and letting them score 50 would be met with such passivity

I get the circumstances and how meaningless it was but JFC, cmon bro that was horseshit last night and you know it

Leave a comment:

• BirdsInNC
    replied
    Just as expected, the only two Dallass fans here at work are rather insufferable this morning. You'd think by the way these fuggin slack jawed candy ass yokels are carrying on that they just won the Super Bowl. Congrats on beating second and third stringers. That's strong. It's incredible how predictable Dallass fans are.

Leave a comment:

• thegodfather
    replied
    I think they held their own for the first half. I mean 3rd stringers and guys off the trash heap, Dallas fans should be ashamed of their team.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    WHAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS GAME AND A PRESEASON GAME?
    ABOUT 55°.
    WHO CARES...

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    If the Eagles lose next week, I think it will have a lot more to do with facing the defending Super Bowl champions than having rested their starters in a meaningless game.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    replied
    I get that man but there’s something to be said about this kind of effort and loss going into the playoffs. And to the fuckin cowboys no less

Its just my opinion but flower boy fucked up by going this route. We will see what happens next week

I personally don’t think much of Sirianni as it was hurts and the OL that put this team in this position

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Relax man. Frankly I'm surprised this remained a game as long as it did considering it was backups against starters.

The 04 Eagles lost 38-10 to the Bengals in week 17. These games don't matter.

Leave a comment:

• birds586
    started a topic What a fuckin disgrace!

What a fuckin disgrace!

At least show some goddamn pride to not be embarrassed. Show a little heart to try and not look like a worthless bag of shit and you know, actually play football!!

and I don’t give a fuck if it’s backups
Working...
X