Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles fleece teams in QB trades

In 2004, they traded Feeley for a 2nd
    In 2007, they traded Kelly Holcomb for a 2009 6th, which they used to move up for Maclin (maybe it's a reach to call this a fleecing)
    In 2010, they traded McNabb for a 2nd and a 4th
    In 2012, they traded Kolb for a 2nd and DRC
    In 2016, they traded Sam Bradford for a 1st (this is the most amazing one)
    In 2021, they traded Wentz for a 1st and 3rd

QB factory?

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    In 2004, they traded Feeley for a 2nd
    In 2007, they traded Kelly Holcomb for a 2009 6th, which they used to move up for Maclin (maybe it's a reach to call this a fleecing)
    In 2010, they traded McNabb for a 2nd and a 4th
    In 2012, they traded Kolb for a 2nd and DRC
    In 2016, they traded Sam Bradford for a 1st (this is the most amazing one)
    In 2021, they traded Wentz for a 1st and 3rd

QB factory?
    Wentz is the most amazing one. Bradford was a ROY and lead the league in completion percentage the year he was traded.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

Wentz is the most amazing one. Bradford was a ROY and lead the league in completion percentage the year he was traded.
      Hard to disagree. The Eagles got a first and a third (which they used to trade up for D. Smith) for the 31st ranked QB in the NFL. That’s like trading a first round pick for Ryan Leaf.

Who knows what Frank Reich was thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Hard to disagree. The Eagles got a first and a third (which they used to trade up for D. Smith) for the 31st ranked QB in the NFL. That’s like trading a first round pick for Ryan Leaf.

HE WAS THINKING HE WAS GETTING 2017 WENTZ, WHICH IF HE DID, THAT TEAM WOULD GO DEEP.
        BUT INSTEAD HE GOT BOBBY HOYING, AND BLEW LAST TWO GAMES THEY WERE FAVORED.

BRINGS TO MIND ALL THE NFC TITLE GAMES THE IGGLES HAD IN A ROW, WE WERE FAVORED IN.....AND LOST. FOR SOME REASON.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Honestly, if Reich had Bobby Hoying this year and relied on the run, he'd be in the playoffs.

I wonder why Morey can't do anything with Simmons. Your list shows there's always a team out there who thinks they can do better with our turd.
          DB

Comment

2nds for Feeley and Kolb...fleecings at the time, even more so looking back. Both guys ended up with 28 career touchdowns.

How about the opposite, contributors the factory acquired for peanuts? Garcia, Vick, Foles on that list.

Comment

AND A BUNCH OF US, INCLUDING ME WERE ALL IN ON KLOB, FEELEY, INSERT NEXT 3RD STRING QB HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                Honestly, if Reich had Bobby Hoying this year and relied on the run, he'd be in the playoffs.

I wonder why Morey can't do anything with Simmons. Your list shows there's always a team out there who thinks they can do better with our turd.
                YEA PROBABLY.
                I FALL INTO WANTING TO BELIEVE OUR QB WILL GET IT DONE. WEIRD THOUGH TAKING AWHILE WITH HURTS, MAYBE AN OMEN.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

My memory is going but didn't they trade down for Smith and use the third on Milton Willuams? I'm too lazy to Google it.

Not material to the point about Wentz, I know....
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

My memory is going but didn't they trade down for Smith and use the third on Milton Willuams? I'm too lazy to Google it.

Not material to the point about Wentz, I know....
                    I think they used the third to trade back up from 12 to 10 to get Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

I think they used the third to trade back up from 12 to 10 to get Smith.
                      Oh yeah ... that sounds right.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                      X