Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've posted this link twice on the Colts Facenuts page and they keep on deleting it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've posted this link twice on the Colts Facenuts page and they keep on deleting it.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-nfl-playoffs
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

That article is hot fucking garbage. The eagles got rid of Wentz because he forced them to.
    "Howie Roseman was faced with a decision"

The only decision he faced was how much would be enough to try and make it look like good enough return. There was no choice whether or not to trade him. What were they going to do? Hope he'd come back and play after he said he wouldn't? I'm not against shitting on Wentz right now but people sucking roseman off right now are assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      That article is hot fucking garbage. The eagles got rid of Wentz because he forced them to.

The only decision he faced was how much would be enough to try and make it look like good enough return. There was no choice whether or not to trade him. What were they going to do? Hope he'd come back and play after he said he wouldn't? I'm not against shitting on Wentz right now but people sucking roseman off right now are assholes.
      THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO TRADE HIM UNDER CONTRACT.
      THEY COULD HAVE JUST LET HIM SIT AND POUT ON THE SIDELINES CARRYING A CLIPBOARD.

AS FOR KEN BREAKING THEIR BALLS, I LOVE IT.
      TRY TO PUT IT ON BLUE STAMPEDE SOME HOW.

"LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

That is precisely what they could have done. Wentz would have eventually shown up. I was a little surprised they didn’t play hardball with him.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

That is precisely what they could have done. Wentz would have eventually shown up. I was a little surprised they didn’t play hardball with him.
          I disagree. That scenario has never played out. The closest thing would have been Carson Palmer retiring in Cincinnati, which ended up landing a 1st and a 2nd Rd pick. Wentz being a malcontent refusing to play on the sidelines with a new regime coming in was never an option. Players have held out for new contacts and management has played hardball, this was different.

Comment

Yup. Revisionist history.

Although gotta credit Howie wirh getting max value on the trade. That's one thing he's good at.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I am not a fan of Roseman. His Machiavellian maneuvers orchestrated this. Did it work out, yeah it seems to have at this point but it was a dumb move drafting Hurts when they did who I am still not sold on. His draft record is garbage and unfortunately this move may have cemented several more years of his position with the Eagles. His insistence on being involved in the draft shows well with picks like Reagor, Marcus Smith, Danny White and the Acega Whiteside. The "I am smarter thank you" mentality is deep with this idiot.

I am laughing at the Colts who massively overpaid for Wentz. They were going to to the Superbowl in the spring if you were to listen to their fans, a bunch who I know. The big thing is what will Howie do with these picks. If history repeats we will be the next joke.
              Last edited by KenfromCanada; 01-12-2022, 10:37 AM.
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I disagree. That scenario has never played out. The closest thing would have been Carson Palmer retiring in Cincinnati, which ended up landing a 1st and a 2nd Rd pick. Wentz being a malcontent refusing to play on the sidelines with a new regime coming in was never an option. Players have held out for new contacts and management has played hardball, this was different.
                Did Wentz said he'd never come back? I got the impression it wasn't a "trade me or else" thing.

According to this article, Wentz never formally requested a trade: https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2...est-to-eagles/

Not sure if that's true, but it seems more like both sides seeing the writing on the wall and the Eagles getting the right offer, rather than Wentz forcing his way out the way Jay Cutler forced himself out of Denver.

Rodgers comes to mind as a QB who requested a trade, didn't get it, and eventually showed up. IMO, if the Eagles had held onto Wentz, it wouldn't have gotten to the point of him skipping minicamps or whatever like Rodgers did.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 01-12-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Roseman boxed himself in with mentions of multiple offers of first round picks for Wentz trying to drive up, I mean gin up a market for the 31st rated QB. It would have been hard for HowLo to climb down from that and take any less. If the bigger idiots in Indianapolis - including Reich - hadn’t offered the effective equivalent of a first round pick I think Roseman would have brought Wentz back.
                  Last edited by RSE; 01-12-2022, 06:18 PM.

Comment

By the way, let’s be honest, that Colts game Sunday was beyond our wildest dreams. Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

Comment

Did Wentz said he'd never come back? I got the impression it wasn't a "trade me or else" thing.
                      "...saying Wentz didn't request a trade is semantics. Asking for a fresh start and having your agent be allowed to start exploring trade interest is the same thing as requesting a trade. Just because he didn't stomp his feet and threaten not to report if he wasn't dealt doesn't mean he didn't request a trade"

Wentz requested a trade through his agent. The "or else" did not happen because the Eagles decided the Colts offer was better than trying to rehabilitate him. Wentz has proved them right.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...s-jalen-hurts/

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

"...saying Wentz didn't request a trade is semantics. Asking for a fresh start and having your agent be allowed to start exploring trade interest is the same thing as requesting a trade. Just because he didn't stomp his feet and threaten not to report if he wasn't dealt doesn't mean he didn't request a trade"

Wentz requested a trade through his agent. The "or else" did not happen because the Eagles decided the Colts offer was better than trying to rehabilitate him. Wentz has proved them right.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...s-jalen-hurts/
                        Right. I understand it's just semantics because he obviously wanted out. However, based on the following links, it doesn't sound like it would have ever gotten to the point of Wentz not reporting had they not been offered enough in a trade:

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/statu...69724530049026
                        https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...189707265?s=20

Comment

it doesn't sound like it would have ever gotten to the point of Wentz not reporting had they not been offered enough in a trade:
                          We'll never know. Wentz camp sure isnt going to say that now.

Garofalo said he thought Jalen Hurts presence was a big factor in Wentz play. Wonder what he thinks now? That Hurts broke him permanently?

Comment

Working...
                          X