Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRENT
    replied
    I don't think he's the best passer that's for sure,,Judging a QB with 1 year of starting is hard,,Wentz looked like an NFL Qb after his 1st year...Shame his brain can't catch up to his Physical tools.

I like the starting Qb to be tall enough to see over the O line,,,Hurts has heart but he can't read a defense worth a shit pre snap or during play....Things that can be corrected,,,But his size and throwing motion over taller Dee linemen will always be an issue.. He doesn't look as lost as Wentz or hold the ball for 7, 8 seconds,,,He justs looks tiny out there, and misses wide open guys constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Snakebitten
    replied
    During the season, I read a lot of folks on here talk about his QBR. Specifically, during his good games. He ended the season #19** (right between Tagovailoa and Bridgewater). That seems like a pretty good spot of where he ranks. That being said, I wouldn't want either Tagovailoa or Bridgewater if my aspirations were winning a Super Bowl (Hurts had the second lowest QBR this weekend just ahead of Big Ben. Oof). The same goes with Hurts. He's the exact same player with the same deficiencies he had in college. The biggest strength of this team is the offensive line. He still came up small with time to throw. What's even more amazing is he actually made Reagor worse this year. I didn't think that was possible.

**By the way, for the Ringling Brothers, Wentz ended the season at #10 in regards to QBR (tied with Burrow). Prior to Covid, he was #7. Also, the Colts haven't beaten the Jags on the road since 2014 but let's just blame the QB. I'm sure you watched the entire game like I did. Honk honk.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    I like Hurts, but I think we're seeing why this team approached the start of the season the way it did. Not really tanking, but letting Hurts prove himself, and in the worst case, drafting high. IMO the last thing they wanted was to go ~.500 with an unsustainable offense, but with the way the schedule set up, they basically stumbled into running the ball a lot against bad teams.

My biggest concern is the way he just doesn't pull the trigger when receivers are open. Maybe that will change. He had Quez wide open for a TD in the 1st quarter yesterday.

I'm not sure if a 34-year old Russell Wilson is worth the asking price. I'm back to thinking QB is a possibility in the draft, but that's not saying much considering there are maybe 3 positions I don't think they'll look at in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstealth
    replied
    Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    He doesn’t suck, and anyone who starts out a discussion leading with that loses credibility in my book.

He was able to take a not great team to the playoffs and by doing that he has shown himself to be a credible NFL starter.

The question of how high a ceiling he has remains unanswered for me. I do think he will reach that ceiling, whatever that is. High enough ceiling to win a championship? IDK

i guess my biggest worry about him is that to me his body type might not be ideal for a QB and that is one thing no amount of coaching or work can change.

if you want to hedge your bets on him I think the best move would be to take one of those first rounders and use it to stockpile more picks. No way I would trade more than one of them, though.
    Lol. Lot of zero credibility folks out there but those guys don't appreciate playoff appearances. If only Hurts had weapons and played a softer schedule. Put him with any of the other playoff teams and they are probably kicking off a dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• Dim Bulb
    replied
    Agree. I would add that a QB needs to be able to process information quickly. I'm not sure that is something you can teach/coach for someone to get better.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Pat
    replied
    I would definitely trade one of our 1st picks to next year

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Pat
    replied
    I'm with ya on that. The guy needs to get more accurate on passing and get together with his receivers this off season.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    started a topic Here’s what my opinion is regarding Hurts

Here’s what my opinion is regarding Hurts

He doesn’t suck, and anyone who starts out a discussion leading with that loses credibility in my book.

He was able to take a not great team to the playoffs and by doing that he has shown himself to be a credible NFL starter.

The question of how high a ceiling he has remains unanswered for me. I do think he will reach that ceiling, whatever that is. High enough ceiling to win a championship? IDK

i guess my biggest worry about him is that to me his body type might not be ideal for a QB and that is one thing no amount of coaching or work can change.

if you want to hedge your bets on him I think the best move would be to take one of those first rounders and use it to stockpile more picks. No way I would trade more than one of them, though.
Working...
X