First Round Grade: C-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Round Grade: C-

You're welcome to bump this in future, I say Howie choked.

I like Jordan Davis but he better turn out to be better than the next three players. Was that trade made before or after the Lions took Jameson? It was unclear to me. I would have been fine with Hamilton.

I love AJ Brown but most people understandably aren't sold on Jalen Hurts yet. If Hurts turns out to be a bust, half of Brown's 100M contract will be gone before he has playoff value. Next season will be another waste with a rookie QB. Why not go with a cheap veteran and see if Hurts steps up? Feels like Howie didn't have the guts to draft a WR. Will be very interesting to see how Burks turns out. Also Brown was going to hold out. Why throw in a third?

C- grade today. But if they draft Marcus Jones, a decent LB and edge rusher tomorrow all is forgiven.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

I have no problem with the pick or trade, in fact the trade to me looks like a steal and it seems all NFL analyst think so as well. The Davis pick was perfect because Ravens were taking him no doubt, but they gave up a little more to move up then I thought was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      The Davis pick was perfect because Ravens were taking him no doubt, but they gave up a little more to move up then I thought was needed.
      The Raven instantly took Hanillton. I dont think theyre shedding any tears 9ver Davis

Comment

How can you properly evaluate Hurts unless you give him a quality supporting cast? I like the trade and the rest of the offseason moves so far.

Comment

I love the trade. I'm tired of hoping we get a decent wr - nice to have one we KNOW is a good wr. It should make everybody else better. Also, we didn't need another rookie WR - we need a veteran. There is no doubt the deal was in the works well before Williams was taken at 12. They had been working on the deal for days - and they clearly had the contract negotiated before they made the deal, as it was announced minutes later. $100m contracts aren't done in 5 minutes.

This allows them to give Hurts a fair evaluation. If they end up drafting a QB next year, he will come in with the right tools on offense to get him going. The Jets wasted year one of their rookie QB and they still may not have the right tools for him.

This was a great Day 1 for the birds.

Comment

John Clark

@JClarkNBCS
            ·
            6m
            Howie Roseman says talks with Titans on trading for AJ Brown intensified in day before draft. Jalen Hurts is friends with AJ, was pushing Howie to trade for him “The trade was contingent on us getting an extension, so something we were working on during the Draft” -Howie

Comment

I am not sold on Hurts but why does that keep coming up as a reason for you to dislike the AJ Brown trade? Now they get a good read on Hurts next year, if they need to move on after that the next QB will come in with weapons to work with. Are they supposed to hold off on spending any money until they have a sure thing at QB?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                I am not sold on Hurts but why does that keep coming up as a reason for you to dislike the AJ Brown trade? Now they get a good read on Hurts next year, if they need to move on after that the next QB will come in with weapons to work with. Are they supposed to hold off on spending any money until they have a sure thing at QB?
                I don't think it requires a $100M receiver to evaluate Hurts next season. Either Hurts starts making better reads and consistently getting the ball out on time or he doesn't. They could could have added a less pricey FA veteran WR and used the draft picks on defense.

However, since the near unanimous consensus is that AJ Brown is some sort of godhead and it looks like they got him at a good price , I'll raise my day one grade to a B. Still would have taken Kyle Hamilton over Jordan Davis. They got diced up by every competent quarterback they faced last season and they have done nothing to address that. Not sure how they're going to do that with the handful of picks they have left.

And I still want them to draft Marcus Jones.

Comment

I would’ve preferred Hamilton as well, I like Davis too, but I’m an admitted draft idiot

Comment

Working...
                  X