Nakobe Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nakobe Dean

I think this fanbase is going to like Howie again.

Wow. Can’t believe he fell that far and excited to see what he does.

Comment

No gamble third round pick. Won't get criticized.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        I think this fanbase is going to like Howie again.
        think so too...maybe he's finally learned his lesson from all the mistakes he's made
        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'm starting to forgive Howie for the 2017 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            I'm starting to forgive Howie for the 2017 draft.
            2017? What about 19 and 20

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

2017? What about 19 and 20
              2017 was the most loaded drafted I'd ever seen at the exact positions we needed (CB, WR, RB) and we whiffed on every one, with a shit ton of picks (I think we started with 11).

2019 was ugly, but we at least got one productive player (Sanders) with half as many picks.

You have two starters from the 2020 draft, including a QB, and a couple others who could still turn into contributors.

2017 was a special sort of awful, as drafts go. It was a minefield of great players, and we stepped over every one of them. The magical season that followed just washed away a lot of the stink.

Bottom line, Howie's learning from his draft day mistakes and seems to be getting pretty good at this.

Comment

2017 was the most loaded drafted I'd ever seen at the exact positions we needed (CB, WR, RB) and we whiffed on every one, with a shit ton of picks (I think we started with 11).

2019 was ugly, but we at least got one productive player (Sanders) with half as many picks.

You have two starters from the 2020 draft, including a QB, and a couple others who could still turn into contributors.

2017 was a special sort of awful, as drafts go. It was a minefield of great players, and we stepped over every one of them. The magical season that followed just washed away a lot of the stink.

Bottom line, Howie's learning from his draft day mistakes and seems to be getting pretty good at this.
                If you're counting Jalen hurts as a starter from 2020 then Derek Barnett is a starter from 2017. Barnett was chalk. Jones was a risk reward pick that didn't pan out. The Vikings traded in front of the eagles for cook. The picks at least made sense.

2019- 3 picks in the first two rounds Drafted a lt who can't play, jjaw who is now trying his hand at te and part time rb. Great success
                2020- Reagor- no background needed, Overdrafted a backup QB which has more or less spiraled this franchise into purgatory but hey, he starts by default because he's young.

I don't mean to get into the minutia so bad but 2019 2020 Dillard jjaw reagor hurts combo holds a special level of contempt in my mind for Roseman. It laid the groundwork for pushing out a good coach and facilitating the downfall of a QB that was actually able to run an NFL offense. Now roseman has learned from his mistakes... Great. They have a nice roster, I like what he's done the last two years. I hope hurts becomes the QB I never thought he could be and they can actually contend.
                Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-30-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Love that pick.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

If you're counting Jalen hurts as a starter from 2020 then Derek Barnett is a starter from 2017. Barnett was chalk. Jones was a risk reward pick that didn't pan out. The Vikings traded in front of the eagles for cook. The picks at least made sense.

2019- 3 picks in the first two rounds Drafted a lt who can't play, jjaw who is now trying his hand at te and part time rb. Great success
                    2020- Reagor- no background needed, Overdrafted a backup QB which has more or less spiraled this franchise into purgatory but hey, he starts by default because he's young.

I don't mean to get into the minutia so bad but 2019 2020 Dillard jjaw reagor hurts combo holds a special level of contempt in my mind for Roseman. It laid the groundwork for pushing out a good coach and facilitating the downfall of a QB that was actually able to run an NFL offense. Now roseman has learned from his mistakes... Great. They have a nice roster, I like what he's done the last two years. I hope hurts becomes the QB I never thought he could be and they can actually contend.
                    Saying I hated the '17 draft more than the '19 draft is calling the latter a "great success"? I said hitting on 1 for 5 was quantifiably better than hitting on 1 for 11 (and Barnett is just as much of a part timer as Sanders is, who I don't love). All of the drafts we're talking about sucked. Degree of suckage is the issue at hand.

And I'm not going to judge the Hurts picks on the presumption that he facilitated Wentz's exit. If Carson couldn't live with his team drafting/overdrafting a backup after he just ended three seasons on the injured list and his team just lost the Greatest Backup of All Time, that's on him. The fact that he still hasn't recovered and is now on his third team in as many years would suggest the issue with Carson was Carson, not Hurts being drafted.

We'll see what becomes of the Hurts pick this year. I think it's more likely than not that they'll be in the market for a QB next April, but I'm not putting any money on it. I hope Jalen proves me wrong, and in some way, redeems that draft. That's at least still a possibility.
                    Last edited by The Duck; 04-30-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Saying I hated the '17 draft more than the '19 draft is calling the latter a "great success"? I said hitting on 1 for 5 was quantifiably better than hitting on 1 for 11 (and Barnett is just as much of a part timer as Sanders is, who I don't love). All of the drafts we're talking about sucked. Degree of suckage is the issue at hand.

And I'm not going to judge the Hurts picks on the presumption that he facilitated Wentz's exit. If Carson couldn't live with his team drafting/overdrafting a backup after he just ended three seasons on the injured list and his team just lost the Greatest Backup of All Time, that's on him. The fact that he still hasn't recovered and is now on his third team in as many years would suggest the issue with Carson was Carson, not Hurts being drafted.

We'll see what becomes of the Hurts pick this year. I think it's more likely than not that they'll be in the market for a QB next April, but I'm not putting any money on it. I hope Jalen proves me wrong, and in some way, redeems that draft. That's at least still a possibility.
                      "Great success" wasn't a shot at you. It's my sarcastic attitude towards the drafts we're discussing. 2017 was bad. You're saying there was all the talent they missed on. I was fine with the first two picks. They didn't pan out. Allen was the pick instead of Barnett and I'm not going back to see who they should have picked instead of Sidney Jones. 2020 was just.... Coming back off of Dillard jjaw to reagor hurts.... It doesn't matter if you had Wentz Joe Montana or anyone else so that's my fault for even bringing it up. Drafting Hurts 53 overall was dumb on it's own merit. Hope I eat those words one day. I just feel like they had a solid sb nucleus, did well in 18 draft wise and then shit the bed completely. You went from solid team with some holes expected to compete/contend to hope you can run the ball 45 times a game against bad teams and not get blown out against good teams and it's directly related to 19-20. We're basically saying the same thing I'm just highlighting my own personal dislike of the recent draft history. Everytime I see Jefferson griddy I want to puke. You probably feel the same way when Barnett gets a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                      X