• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harls
    replied
    Some of my top moments aside from the obvious from this year would be

1. 4th & 26 - Fredex always delivers.

2. I do not remember the year but the Farve lead packers were playing in Philly. I was at the game with my dad. Farve was trying to pull his gun slinger routine and went to throw a deep bomb, to this day I do not know who his target was as the only person in the general area was B-Dawk. As soon as the ball left his hands the entire stadium lept to their feet as you could see it going to Dawkins for the pic.

3. I am thinking it was the 08 playoff run where the Eagles played a 4: o'clock game and the cowboys were a 1 o'clock. We needed either the cowboys to lose or the Eagles to win to get into the playoffs. as 4 rolled in we found out the cowboys lost and the stadium became a party. I never heard the Linc that loud. I believe we won the game with our backups but I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Pat
    replied
    Greg Gross used to be my neighbor. One of the best pinch hitters in mlb.

Leave a comment:

• Overbrook
    replied
    Speaking Flyers.......

Prior to game 6, the lights go down and out waddles Kate Smith to sing God Bless America in all her glory.

Bobby Orr skates over when she’s finished and hands her a bouquet of red roses, but it’s too late. The damage had been done and the Broons didn’t have a chance! What an electric moment!

Leave a comment:

• Overbrook
    replied
    OK, one from 1960

If you’re old enough or know your Iggles history.

The last time we won the WORLDS FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE NFL...........

Final play of the game. Jim Taylor alone in the middle of the field. Concrete Charlie left to beat. Charlie makes the tackle and refuses to let Taylor, who’s flipping around like a grounded flounder, get back to his feet.

Time expires with Charlie still on top. Iggles win!

Leave a comment:

• rothdawg
    replied
    Probably 5 of them come from the Super Bowl

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Do you have others? I'm not talking about games, I'm talking about plays/moments.
    And 2 from the NFC Championship
    1) Robinson's pick 6
    2) Flea Flicker

Non-Eagles:
    1) Utleys fakeout in the World Series
    2) AI stepover of Lue
    3) Halladays playoff no-hitter
    Last edited by rothdawg; 05-12-2018, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Duck
    replied
    Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    Besides being the greatest 5 games series ever played in the history of beisbol, it had its great singular moments..........

1. Did Vern Ruhle catch the ball for a triple play or was it a base hit in game 4?

2. Game 5 Manny Trillo's triple.

3. Game 5 Greg Gross. bunt single.
    Absolutely the greatest baseball series ever played. Game 5 was the greatest deciding game ever played.

Leave a comment:

• The Duck
    replied
    My favorite non-Eagles moment ever. The loudest moment in Spectrum history (at the 1:15 mark):

(I was at the Genesis concert across the street. The entire scene in South Philly that night was amazing.)
    Last edited by The Duck; 05-12-2018, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Gotta be top three for me Strip sack and last play failed Hail Mary are right up there.

Of course, the Eagles are the only Philly team I seriously follow. Other than the Eagles, I'd put AI stepping over Lue in the Finals on my list. And something from the Villanova / Georgetown game. Not that I was a Nova fan but a great upset.
    Last edited by Maniac; 05-12-2018, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied
    That would be 1980

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    Besides being the greatest 5 games series ever played in the history of beisbol, it had its great singular moments..........

1. Did Vern Ruhle catch the ball for a triple play or was it a base hit in game 4?

That series taught me that life as a Philly sports fan was always going to be a wild roller coaster ride. Winning that series made it seem possible that they could actually win it all, and they did!

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    PART OF WHY THEY ASKED ME TO DO THEM EAGLES COMMERCIALS WAS BECAUSE THEY ASKED WHAT MY FAVORITE PLAY WAS.....AT THAT TIME...... IT WAS PEPPER JOHNSON GOES FLYIN FROM BYARS BURYING HIM. I KNOW IT WAS ONLY A BLOCK, BUT DAMN IT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY.

https://youtu.be/61Ou9rM971Q

ALSO.....1974 STANLEY CUP......OT GOAL BOBBY CLARKE. THAT PASS BY COWBOY BILL FLETT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY.
    https://youtu.be/2Kbg_1Y7saA
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 05-12-2018, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Overbrook
    replied
    But 28 in 1980

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Greg Gross was 8 years old in 1960
    Douchebag.

Hey! I’m old. I get confused easily.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Made up new curse words and lost my voice during the second one.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Greg Gross was 8 years old in 1960

Leave a comment:

• Overbrook
    replied
    How could you forget the Phils/Astros 1960

Leave a comment:

• TRENT
    replied
    here are 2 moments that got lost in time

The Willis Lateral to Vincent

4th&1......4th&1 Fg! FG!!!! People forget how badly the deck was stacked!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X