Foolcans +170 in the opener.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foolcans +170 in the opener.

Spread is 3.5. I'm thinking of betting the house on the Atlanta money line. If the Eagles win, I lose money but the Birds should be definitely going back to the playoffs. So basically a win either way. Or would that be bad mojo? They can lose and still make the playoffs. Preseason or not, I'm not liking what Ive seen so far.

But if Wentz plays, I'm not betting against them.
    Last edited by Maniac; 08-25-2018, 08:35 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Spread is 3.5. I'm thinking of betting the house on the Atlanta money line. If the Eagles win, I lose money but the Birds should be definitely going back to the playoffs. So basically a win.

Thoughts?
    Please explain to me how this money line works. To be honest, I do not understand it.

More open to discussing this here on this site now that sports betting has been legitimized in the US.

Don't think I would ever be a gambler. Sure I would lose out.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Please explain to me how this money line works. To be honest, I do not understand it.

More open to discussing this here on this site now that sports betting has been legitimized in the US.

Money line is a straight up bet. No point spread involved. Your team must win.

Sports betting is a helluva lot better than playing the slots or lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Money line is a straight up bet. No point spread involved. Your team must win.

Sports betting is a helluva lot better than playing the slots or lottery.
        Ok but what does + 170 mean? Like for every dollar I bet I get 1.70 back in return if my team wins?
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Bet 100 to win 170. -170 means you would have to bet 170 to win 100.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Ok but what does + 170 mean? Like for every dollar I bet I get 1.70 back in return if my team wins?
            Yup.

Comment

yeah, i think this is really bad mojo. having fantasy players from a division team or an opponent is one thing. a TD by an opposing RB doesn't necessarily mean the eagles lose, and the payout from fantasy comes at the end of the year. betting against the eagles is just a form of rooting for them to lose. if i were to bet against the eagles and they won, i wouldn't be able to enjoy the win.

in my betting days i would just not bet in these situations. alternatively, i preferred only to bet on the eagles when they were dogs or narrow favorites, because i didn't want to be upset about them failing to cover in a win.

Comment

I'm heading to Vegas today

...and thinking about putting a few shekels on the Birds to repeat. That kind of bet will always be a longshot, but I believe Wentz, Sproles, Peters and Hicks will bring a hunger to this season. The defense looks great, potentially improved over last year, and the offense will go as far as Wentz takes them.

Comment

Do it

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                  ...and thinking about putting a few shekels on the Birds to repeat. That kind of bet will always be a longshot, but I believe Wentz, Sproles, Peters and Hicks will bring a hunger to this season. The defense looks great, potentially improved over last year, and the offense will go as far as Wentz takes them.
                  I think you'll get their best price now. 10-1.

As I've said here many times, I did it last year, mostly because I've always wanted to play that bet (with a real ticket). I finally did in March of 2017. The rest is history.

Comment

The divergence between the money line and the spread

is fascinating.

During last year's super bowl, many gamblers were splitting on the Eagles spread (+4.5) and the ML (I think it was Pats -180 or so depending on the time). As you can see, ML and spread can correlate, but don't directly correlate.

I enjoy gambling, but as I've grown older, I've shifted it more to special occasions than regular gambling. It's fun, but it's a vice and if you get in deep, it'll ruin you. So if you're that type of person (anyone, not you specifically), it's best to stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      I think you'll get their best price now. 10-1.
                      Agree that's a value play. I can't believe the Rams are shorter odds.

The Eagles season is going to depend on a healthy Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        yeah, i think this is really bad mojo. having fantasy players from a division team or an opponent is one thing. a TD by an opposing RB doesn't necessarily mean the eagles lose, and the payout from fantasy comes at the end of the year. betting against the eagles is just a form of rooting for them to lose. if i were to bet against the eagles and they won, i wouldn't be able to enjoy the win.

in my betting days i would just not bet in these situations. alternatively, i preferred only to bet on the eagles when they were dogs or narrow favorites, because i didn't want to be upset about them failing to cover in a win.
                        Meh. I'm a nickel and dime bettor. Losing ten or twenty bucks wouldn't bother me. I'd still want the Eagles to win. But with a questionable Wentz and a highly motivated Falcon team looking for revenge, i think Atlanta ML is the value play. I doubt I bet the game though.

Comment

Working...
                        X