No announcement yet.

Nick Foles final moment as an Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franchise and trade? The Pats did it with Cassell.

I could also see Nick doing the Eagles a solid and picking up the option, with the promise that they won't trade him somewhere horrible.

Comment

Different position but the Dolphins successfully franchised and traded Landry.

Is Foles gonna get much less than $25 million a year? Bortles just got paid $21 million. Isn't Keenum getting $18 million? Foles will get more than both those guys. I could see someone trading for him and negotiating something long term, so I don't think the $25 million for 2019 is set in stone.

Comment

The dolphins didn't have to trade Landry. The eagles cannot keep foles and other teams know it. Wentz is eligible for an extension this off season. He's going to get it. Why as another team would you give up draft capital to trade for a player that's going to be available anyway?
        Last edited by Greenstealth; 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

To make sure that your competition doesn't get him.

Comment

Guess I cant see how paying Nick 20 mil to stay is worse than paying Chase fucking Daniels how much, 13 mil for one year of nothing?

Comment

Just because Wentz is eligible for an extension, it doesn’t mean he’ll get it this year. The Eagles can sit in Foles for a year if they want too. Can 6-8 teams afford to sit a year without a QB the caliber of Foles.

What’s the shelf life of a lot of coaches now-a-days? How many coaches are left from when Doug was hired in 2016.

You need to recalibrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                Just because Wentz is eligible for an extension, it doesn’t mean he’ll get it this year. The Eagles can sit in Foles for a year if they want too. Can 6-8 teams afford to sit a year without a QB the caliber of Foles.

What’s the shelf life of a lot of coaches now-a-days? How many coaches are left from when Doug was hired in 2016.

You need to recalibrate.

You think wentz won't get an extension this year and I need to recalibrate. I see the logic

Comment

Wentz will get an extension

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                  You think wentz won't get an extension this year and I need to recalibrate. I see the logic
                  after Foles is franchise tagged and traded to Miami or Oakland. (I’m going out on a limb and calling the team that will trade for him).

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    after Foles is franchise tagged and traded to Miami or Oakland. (I’m going out on a limb and calling the team that will trade for him).

Wait, Now they are tagging and trading? You just said they "can sit in (on) Foles for a year if they want to" (which they can't). You even have the teams already picked out. Tough to argue with all this knowledge. You do realize as it stands the eagles are like 12 mil over the cap for next year, right? You understand that Foles as it is right now carries the highest cap number and would save the most money when cut, right? Other teams also know this. They know the Eagles aren't keeping Foles.
                    Last edited by Greenstealth; 01-14-2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

ALL OPTIONS ARE STILL OPEN.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        Wait, Now they are tagging and trading? You just said they "can sit in (on) Foles for a year if they want to" (which they can't). You even have the teams already picked out. Tough to argue with all this knowledge. You do realize as it stands the eagles are like 12 mil over the cap for next year, right? You understand that Foles as it is right now carries the highest cap number and would save the most money when cut, right? Other teams also know this. They know the Eagles aren't keeping Foles.
                        They are not 12 mil over

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                          They are not 12 mil over
                          OK where do they stand? Overthecap.com has them at 12 mil over

Comment

I’m reading them at 6-9...so many obvious moves will put them well below. They’ll be fine.
                            Last edited by Ground_Meat; 01-15-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Reading them where? They are 12 over. They will be fine but they aren't putting another 20m on a backup qb.

Comment

I agree they aren’t spending 20 mil on him, but I believe they will work on something to get a return.

Comment

Working...
                                X