Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talking heads RE: Foles & tag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    To be honest, if they had no intention of tagging him and just taking the comp pick, wouldn't they have already come out and said that by now?

    If they haven't, at least to me, it means that they have at least had conversations with teams about a trade for Foles and that the talks aren't complete garbage.

    If team (or teams) weren't interested at all, I don't see what would hold the eagles back from just announcing asap that they aren't going to franchise Foles.

    Also, schefter had his podcast yesterday and I think he said that there is nothing "illegal" about the eagles franchising Foles and then trading him. Could have heard it wrong though.
    I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then Im going after your wife and kid

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by nerd View Post

      Also, schefter had his podcast yesterday and I think he said that there is nothing "illegal" about the eagles franchising Foles and then trading him. Could have heard it wrong though.
      You are correct.

      Comment


      • #33
        You heard correctly and I believe you are correct with your thought process.

        Comment


        • #34
          Unless of course somebody threw an offer at them for Wentz, the iggs are supposedly very high on Sudfeld, and an older Foles and a younger Sud make a better "fit" than two young guys, Wentz and Sud? No idea, just thowing it out there.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            You heard correctly and I believe you are correct with your thought process.
            Another part of this is that we all believe Howie is a good GM. I'm not sure if the Jags GM is the same guy that signed Bortles to that deal and believed in him, but to me, that is not a good GM.

            Good GMs will look to (and do) take advantage of bad GM's. Maybe they don't get anything for Foles and he does just walk, but I have to believe that Roseman is definitely working the Giants, Redskins, Dolphins and Jags for the best trade option.

            I'm interested to see how it plays out.
            I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then Im going after your wife and kid

            Comment


            • #36
              wishful thinking of a Foles vs. Wentz fan.

              What do you think theyll do with Suds?

              Comment


              • #37
                How about post your qb predictions...

                I'll say Foles walks in free agency to the Dolphins. The eagles extend wentz. Sudfeld gets a 2nd round tender and returns.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                  How about post your qb predictions...

                  I'll say Foles walks in free agency to the Dolphins. The eagles extend wentz. Sudfeld gets a 2nd round tender and returns.
                  Ill say the same...Except Foles to Jax

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Foles traded to Jax.
                    Wentz extended mid-late season.
                    Sudfeld stays on a 1st round tender.

                    (Sudfeld is the hardest one to call but I think the Eagles get ultra conservative and spend an extra 1.5m to ensure he stays. Again, I think one of these teams: Miami, Jax, Giants and Washington could get a wild hair and make a run at Sudfeld for a 2nd pick. All of us probably agree that we would take the 2nd and be happy, but I think the Eagles value the the depth at QB more than any team.)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      Foles traded to Jax.
                      Wentz extended mid-late season.
                      Sudfeld stays on a 1st round tender.

                      (Sudfeld is the hardest one to call but I think the Eagles get ultra conservative and spend an extra 1.5m to ensure he stays. Again, I think one of these teams: Miami, Jax, Giants and Washington could get a wild hair and make a run at Sudfeld for a 2nd pick. All of us probably agree that we would take the 2nd and be happy, but I think the Eagles value the the depth at QB more than any team.)
                      With Wentz's style of play and record of injury, I favor having a strong back up as well. Of course last year's back issue could have been the result of trying to come back too quickly.
                      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        Foles traded to Jax.
                        Wentz extended mid-late season.
                        Sudfeld stays on a 1st round tender.

                        (Sudfeld is the hardest one to call but I think the Eagles get ultra conservative and spend an extra 1.5m to ensure he stays. Again, I think one of these teams: Miami, Jax, Giants and Washington could get a wild hair and make a run at Sudfeld for a 2nd pick. All of us probably agree that we would take the 2nd and be happy, but I think the Eagles value the the depth at QB more than any team.)
                        Washington drafted him with a 6th rd pick in 16. Waived him before 17 started and you think they might give up a second for him?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          They also wanted to sign him to the practice squad

                          Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                          Washington drafted him with a 6th rd pick in 16. Waived him before 17 started and you think they might give up a second for him?
                          but he choose to sign with the Eagles over the Foreskins.

                          So yes, the Foreskins would have to admit to their mistake and overlook the personal slight that he went to the Eagles.

                          The Foreskins had Kurt Cousins and Colt McCoy at the time. The Eagles also carried two QBs on the active roster and they placed Sudfeld on the practice squad. During the year, the Eagles moved Sudfeld up on the roster to avoid being poached by the Colts.

                          If the Foreskins are big boys and are willing to assess Sudfeld and his worth today, while also assessing the poor state of their QB today, then yeah they should be interested. Any team with a sorry ass QB room should be interested in Sudfeld. While seemingly skeptical of Sudfeld a few weeks ago when I mentioned a 2nd and 1st tender on Sudfeld, you seem to now think a 2nd round tender is reasonable.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Thats certainly one reason why I feel the Eagles will be ultra conservative.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for Sudfeld if that's what you mean. Id pay him the second round tender to be a back up .There's a big difference. I think you are overvaluing the Eagles players in general, specifically in terms of other teams giving up draft capital.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Eagles players in general?

                                Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                                I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for Sudfeld if that's what you mean. Id pay him the second round tender to be a back up .There's a big difference. I think you are overvaluing the Eagles players in general, specifically in terms of other teams giving up draft capital.
                                I have only talking about two players, and made a prediction at your request regarding Foles and Sudfeld.

                                Why do you think I overvalued Foles regarding draft capital?

                                Regarding Sudfeld, you can state I overvalued him if you like because I think a team may get a wild hair and take him if he is tendered a second. Fair enough, but tell me which QBs in the draft that are projected to be second round pick or later would you consider over Sudfeld.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X