Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IronEagle
    replied
    PS Speaking of All Star games, Philadelphia is due to host one sometime soon, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    I collapsed a lung there. Section 724, 4th & 1 game, December '95. Stayed til the end and then went straight to the ER at Jefferson. One of my happiest Vet memories.

I loved that dump.
    Thing is it really wasn't a dump for the first couple of decades it was open. I think at some point they stopped maintaining it and the combination of no maintenance and age caused it to become a dump.

Probably after Camden Yards opened. The design became functionally obsolete at that time. It was still good enough to host the MLB All Star game in 1996.

Leave a comment:

• The Duck
    replied
    I collapsed a lung there. Section 724, 4th & 1 game, December '95. Stayed til the end and then went straight to the ER at Jefferson. One of my happiest Vet memories.

I loved that dump.

Leave a comment:

• DEERSPINE GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    Which ways?

Are you sure that isn't nostalgia talking?
    VET WAS ALL AROUND BETTER. BEST HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE IN THE LEAGUE.

AND THE SINKS WERE LOW ENOUGH TO PISS IN!

Leave a comment:

• TRENT
    replied
    Less Money in stands, defiantly waaaaay more intimidating to Visiting teams

I loved the concrete Monster...still miss it...was dank kinda dirty but it was home. Have memories of going in early and watching the opposing Wr's walk the field, counting the nails; Ahh the good Ole days!..saw a few good concerts there too....lots of great Memories

Here is one of my fav home games I was ever @....also the M Irvine game, being a pussy and breaking his own neck,,,classic!

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by slag View Post
    Seats were bigger
    The rows were wider as well. At the Vet it was possible to let someone normally sized out of the row by swinging your knees to the side. At the Linc anytime anybody wants to leave the row you have to stand up to let them pass.

Leave a comment:

• slag
    replied
    Seats were bigger ... atmosphere was rowdier and more intimidating ... although we got close to that level when Foles was face masked last year

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    Which ways?

One way in which the Vet was better is that it was a lot easier to get into and around the stadium. More gates, more ramps, more concourses.

My seats at the Linc are close to the steps to the headshop plaza so I don't have it so bad but I think for people in the upper deck it's a lot more difficult to access. My seats at the Vet were in the 600 level and I used to hang out at halftime with friends with seats in the 700 level all of the time.

Leave a comment:

• 06hawkalum
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    In many ways it was a better fan experience than the Linc.
    Which ways?

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    In many ways it was a better fan experience than the Linc.

Leave a comment:

• wynnron123
    replied
    Classic video

I miss it

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    started a topic Vet under construction

Vet under construction

No sound but overall brings back a lot of memories of the place for me.

Working...
X