Duke Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Johnson

Requested a trade and the Eagles are interested.

I'm a little torn. On paper I don't love Howard/Johnson/Clement. But he probably wouldn't cost much and he's very efficient. Realistically they would only get a better back in the draft by using one of the top 3 picks on an RB. His salary isn't a problem since Howard is on his rookie deal.

Not sure what Cleveland's asking price is but I'd say he's worth a 4th.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 04-01-2019, 10:15 PM.

A 4th for 5 career touchdowns in 4 years? Wendell Smallwood has just as many in 2 years

Comment

Also 235 catches and 8 TDs including a season with almost 700 receiving yards. I think he brings a dimension to the offense that pushes his trade value above that of Howard.

I'd definitely do it for a 5th. If there really is interest from multiple teams then I'm not sure how low the asking price will go for a player that Cleveland doesn't necessarily have to get rid of.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 04-01-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Go for it

The price is right. He's signed through 2021. I love Sproles, but at best he's near the end of the line.

Comment

i don't want to part with any pick higher than a 6 or 7. if a 5th or higher i'd pass. you can't keep trading away draft capital for veterans who will be due money at some point. rookie contracts are ideal.

just start hitting on more picks. That's what they brought Joe Douglas in for. Honestly, he's just a dart thrower like the rest of them. His drafts haven't blown me away. Last year's i'm impressed with so far but the 2017 draft is very below average.
          Barnett and Rasul are so far the only players who have panned out. Jury's out on Sidney Jones. Hollins could be good but has to stay healthy. could be make or break year for him.

every pick after Hollins sucked. Donnell Bumphrey pick.....JFC....can't ever explain the rationale behind that to me.

Comment

I'M OK WITH KEEPING SMALLWOOD AS A BACK. HE WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE LAST YEAR. I KEPT WAITING FOR ADAMS TO TURN THE CORNER, HE STILL MAY, BUT EH.

I HAVEN'T SEEN ENOUGH OF JOHNSON, BUT HE KEEPS DROPPING ON DEPTH CHART IN CLEVELAND, THAT'S NOT GOOD. BROWN'S ARE ON THEIR WAY UP AND THEY DON'T THINK HE'S ALL THAT, HE MAY NOT BE.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
              The price is right. He's signed through 2021. I love Sproles, but at best he's near the end of the line.
              I'll always admire and love Sproles but I think it's time for him to hang up his cleats. Last year it just looked like he had pretty much lost that quick burst which he was known for. At least that's what my eyes were telling me.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                I'M OK WITH KEEPING SMALLWOOD AS A BACK. HE WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE LAST YEAR. I KEPT WAITING FOR ADAMS TO TURN THE CORNER, HE STILL MAY, BUT EH.

I HAVEN'T SEEN ENOUGH OF JOHNSON, BUT HE KEEPS DROPPING ON DEPTH CHART IN CLEVELAND, THAT'S NOT GOOD. BROWN'S ARE ON THEIR WAY UP AND THEY DON'T THINK HE'S ALL THAT, HE MAY NOT BE.
                I agree about Smallwood and this is coming from a longtime diehard WVU fan who wasn't that much of a fan when he was playing in Morgantown. He showed me something last year. I'm not a big Adams fan and I know some of it is due to that horrible fumble in the closing minutes of the Texans(?) game which damn near pissed the game away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  i don't want to part with any pick higher than a 6 or 7. if a 5th or higher i'd pass. you can't keep trading away draft capital for veterans who will be due money at some point. rookie contracts are ideal.

just start hitting on more picks. That's what they brought Joe Douglas in for. Honestly, he's just a dart thrower like the rest of them. His drafts haven't blown me away. Last year's i'm impressed with so far but the 2017 draft is very below average.
                  Barnett and Rasul are so far the only players who have panned out. Jury's out on Sidney Jones. Hollins could be good but has to stay healthy. could be make or break year for him.

every pick after Hollins sucked. Donnell Bumphrey pick.....JFC....can't ever explain the rationale behind that to me.
                  I hear ya about Pumphrey.

Comment

They might send Clement since Johnson would make him redundant. They have the same skill set nearly.

Comment

Fuck that
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        Requested a trade and the Eagles are interested.

I'm a little torn. On paper I don't love Howard/Johnson/Clement. But he probably wouldn't cost much and he's very efficient. Realistically they would only get a better back in the draft by using one of the top 3 picks on an RB. His salary isn't a problem since Howard is on his rookie deal.

Not sure what Cleveland's asking price is but I'd say he's worth a 4th.
                        PASS, we are good at RB and may get a steal in the draft, I would seek a position we really need like LB.

Comment

Working...
                        X