Claymont, Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymont, Delaware

Post your own favorite hometowns in this TOWN THREAD.

Like where you grew up, where you went to school, where your friends live, etc.

For the record I haven't lived in Claymont for many years. But when I meet up with people from there we have a lot to talk about.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Post your own favorite hometowns in this TOWN THREAD.
    Corleone, Italy

Comment

Kennett Square. I love going back to visit the area, but I really don't have any friends there any more.

Comment

FROMUNDACHEEZE MEHEEEEKO.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

“Home” is a social construct. And in America we call our “home” a continent which our ancestors - well, not mine, but someone’s white, male ancestors - stole from the indigenous inhabitants in exchange for trinkets, smallpox infested blankets, and fire water.

And I am perfectly right to be and righteous about being disgusted at your colonialist patriarchal bourgeois attachment to “home”, even though, as a white cis human who identifies as a male, whatever that is, who grew up in a town which was an indigenous peoples’ village which Gen. Sullivan burned to the ground, who worked for twenty-five years on an island which the Dutch colonialists swindled from the indigenous inhabitants, and who now lives in a city where the indigenous peoples have been settled on “reservations” by the white male patriachy, I have personally benefited from habitation privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            Kennett Square. I love going back to visit the area, but I really don't have any friends there any more.
            I had a friend who lived around Kennett Square. Toughkennamon or Avondale area. He had a VW bug and lived in an apartment over his grandmothers house. It was on a precarious hill. Parking was no fun. House is no longer there.

We used to road trip out on 41 to Lancaster all the time.
            --------

Comment

ACTUALLY HOUSE I WAS BORN IN WAS ON TIOGA ST. TWO BLOCKS FROM TEMPLE HOSPITAL.
              LAST TIME I DROVE PAST THE HOUSE, A COP WAS STANDING ON THE CORNER, ASKED ME WHAT I WAS DOING THERE, TOLD ME "NEVER COME BACK, YOU'RE LUCKY YOU DIDN'T GET KILLED COMING DOWN HERE".
              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-25-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

D3

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                  ACTUALLY HOUSE I WAS BORN IN WAS ON TIOGA ST. TWO BLOCKS FROM TEMPLE HOSPITAL.
                  LAST TIME I DROVE PAST THE HOUSE, A COP WAS STANDING ON THE CORNER, ASKED ME WHAT I WAS DOING THERE, TOLD ME "NEVER COME BACK, YOU'RE LUCKY YOU DIDN'T GET KILLED COMING DOWN HERE".
                  EDIT TO ADD: GROWING UP THERE (4 MURDERS) TILL I WAS SEVEN, THEN THE NEXT NEIGHBORHOOD OUR FAMILY MOVED TO, ( 2 MURDERS IN THE HOOD, 1 THREE DOORS AWAY, THEN THE GUY ON THE CORNER SNAPPED SHOTGUNNED THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD ) I THOUGHT KILLING WAS A NORMAL WAY OF LIFE TILL I WAS 15.

WHO KNEW????

Comment

Philly--in Kensington mainly. D St with my grandmother before they expanded Elkins Elementary School; then on Front St with my parents until we moved to Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                      D3

Comment

Gwinhurst (next to Claymont), Mt Pleasant HS, Moved to Radnor Green in 73

Comment

Originally posted by dmg489 View Post
                          Gwinhurst (next to Claymont), Mt Pleasant HS, Moved to Radnor Green in 73
                          I know Gwinhurst. St. Helana's Parish.

One of my best friends lived on Osage Rd. in Radnor Green. We met up in Middle School but then went to different HS as my family moved out of Claymont. We are still good friends to this day.

I always find it interesting to see who are Igglephans from Delaware.
                          --------

Comment

Actually we were right on the border and went to Holy Rosary, I played ball with the Rainiers Tim and Bill and also worked with Bill at DuPont Edgemoor plant. I also palyed with Bob Skross. We hung out at Becks on Philadlephia Pike

Comment

I went to Claymont Middle School and my younger sisters went to Holy Rosary.
                              --------

Comment

Working...
                              X