X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Hazard Dies

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...ies_at_59.html

bummer. Hazard was a great dude
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I didn't know he was a Philly guy. Damn. 58 is way too early to die.

Comment

What?
        No mention of Robert Hazard and the Heroes which produced "Escalator of Life" and "Change Reaction"?

That sh*t was big back then. Weak.

Comment

That's a damn shame

Comment

RIP - Robert Hazard

spent many a night seeing the heroes in 82-83
            those shows were great by the end of the night the crowds were hopping

i listen to a live show from the ripley alot on my ipod

ahh this sucks

Comment

Wow...too bad for the dude.

I didn't even realize he wrote "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." I do remember the "Escalator of Life" days, though. I think he was a regular through the clubs in West Chester, along with Tommy Conwell.

Comment

RIP Robert

Me and Corky saw the Heroes beaucoup times.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

That's truly sad news.

He died unexpectedly Tuesday at age 59, after surgery for pancreatic cancer
                  in Boston, Mass.
                  That pancreatic cancer is a Motherf*cker.

I remember catching him and The Heroes at many clubs (The West Chester
                  Cabaret, 23 East Cabaret, and in Delaware: Tally-Ho, Stone Balloon) during
                  the "Philly Bands Breakout Years" (early to mid 80's), with the likes of The
                  Hooters, Tommy Conwell & The Young Rumblers, Witness (Steeeeeel-Man!),
                  Jack Of Diamonds, and Bricklin, to remember a few. Plus, at some truly Crazy
                  nights downashore in Wildwood, N.J. (The Playpen!) Man, those were the
                  days; clubs full of 21-year-old bitches, pitchers of cheap beer flowing, just
                  about slam dancing to the tunes!
                  I'm saddened to hear the news of his passing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We'r riding on the Escalator Of Life,
                  we'r shopping in the human mall.
                  We'r dancing on the Escalator Of Life,
                  won't be happy 'til we have it all ..... we want it all!
                  (Up and down ..... Round and round .....)."
                  (~Fade ...... to black.~) ...............

R.I.P. Robert.

(I just read that he leaves behind a wife (2nd), and 3 kids (2 younger) ...... bummer.)
                  Last edited by W. Coast Mac Backer; 08-07-2008, 03:37 PM. Reason: "He leaves behind ......"

Comment

Originally posted by W. Coast Mac Backer View Post
                    in Boston, Mass.

Not 1 fuckin person at work knew who he was. Even after playing Escalator of Life for them they still looked at me like I had 3 heads.

R.I.P. Robert.

(I just read that he leaves behind a wife (2nd), and 3 kids (2 younger) ...... bummer.)
                    was

Comment

Am I old or what?

in Boston, Mass.

Not 1 fuckin person at work knew who he was. Even after playing Escalator of Life for them they still looked at me like I had 3 heads.

R.I.P. Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                        I know what you mean. I'm always amazed how clueless some of my coworkers are about music. Several years ago I mentioned that Warren Zevon had died and they looked at me like I had two heads. They still didn't know who I was talking about even after telling them that he wrote Werewolves in London , Exciteable Boy,etc.

As some of you are aware I've always been a big Foreigner fan. They were on the Today show on Wednesday and one of the hosts said she was shocked when she learned that several of her studio cohorts didn't know who they were. I think some people go through life in a fog or vacuum.

BTW, Foreigner will be on the CBS Early show on Saturday morning

Comment

That's whacked!

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                          If you lived in or around Philly, and were like 20 or older in the early 1980's,
                          you couldn't -help- but hear or be exposed to Robert Hazard's music! .......
                          .... "Change Reaction" -or- "Escalator" played -all the time-!!
                          "Strange-goings-on"!

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                            I know what you mean. I'm always amazed how clueless some of my coworkers are about music. Several years ago I mentioned that Warren Zevon had died and they looked at me like I had two heads. They still didn't know who I was talking about even after telling them that he wrote Werewolves in London , Exciteable Boy,etc.

As some of you are aware I've always been a big Foreigner fan. They were on the Today show on Wednesday and one of the hosts said she was shocked when she learned that several of her studio cohorts didn't know who they were. I think some people go through life in a fog or vacuum.

BTW, Foreigner will be on the CBS Early show on Saturday morning
                            Warren Zevon is one of the most underrated musicians ever. Lawyers Guns and Money is a great song. It's funny you bring him up. Last week I was playing that at work and nobody had a clue of who it was.

Comment

If you lived in or around Philly, and were like 20 or older in the early 1980's,
                              you couldn't -help- but hear or be exposed to Robert Hazard's music! .......
                              .... "Change Reaction" -or- "Escalator" played -all the time-!!
                              "Strange-goings-on"!
                              Not to mention turning on MTV to see the video.

Comment

Working...
                              X