Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indians pitcher David Huff takes line drive straight to the head

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Indians pitcher David Huff takes line drive straight to the head

    I did not see it but it sounds pretty bad. Alex Rodriguez hit a liner right at his forehead. Apparently it was hit so hard it bounced into right field after it struck Huff.

    http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._huff_tak.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

  • #2
    Sheesh

    Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I did not see it but it sounds pretty bad. Alex Rodriguez hit a liner right at his forehead. Apparently it was hit so hard it bounced into right field after it struck Huff.

    http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._huff_tak.html
    that's some scary shit. I hope the dude is ok.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was watching it live on my extra innings package. Huff didn't move for almost five minutes.. Very scary sight, the Yankees crowd was silent. I've never seen anything like it

      Comment


      • #4
        WHEN I WAS PITCHING WINDMILL SOFTBALL I GOT POPPED IN THE NOGGIN. RIGHT OUT COLD.IT HAPPENS SO FAST YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO EVEN SAY OH SHIT.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just noticed that a commenter on the article I linked to mentioned that a similar incident happened to Herb Score in an Indians-Yankees game back in 1957. Old timer Indians fans must be feeling Deja Vu.

          I hope Huff is not seriously injured.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            WHEN I WAS PITCHING WINDMILL SOFTBALL I GOT POPPED IN THE NOGGIN. RIGHT OUT COLD.IT HAPPENS SO FAST YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO EVEN SAY OH SHIT.
            I took a screaming liner right in the cojones at the hot corner in H.S. JV beisbol.

            I sounded like Mickey Mouse for a few moments.

            Moved out to the OF the next week.



            I hope this guy is going to be alright.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

              Who gives a fuck about a JV line drive? Jesus Christ you ruin every thread just by replying.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

                Who gives a fuck about a JV line drive? Jesus Christ you ruin every thread just by replying.
                But it's okay for DSG to tell his story about Windmill Softball?

                I was replying to his post anyway. How did I possibly ruin it?


                Give me a freakin' break, BossMan. You guys are like constipated or something, I swear.

                Comment


                • #9
                  He's Got A Point, Ells

                  Blast him, blast DSG (not that I think you should blast either).

                  If DSG gets a pass, so should WCMB.

                  I mean I could have mentioned the day I got nailed in the head by a fastball while playing for our town team (in the days before Babe Ruth League came to the area) but considering how you feel about me, why bother?
                  Last edited by Kelly Green; 05-29-2010, 04:43 PM.
                  "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Deja' voodoo ..........

                    Originally posted by McNoob View Post
                    I was watching it live on my extra innings package. Huff didn't move for almost five minutes.. Very scary sight, the Yankees crowd was silent. I've never seen anything like it
                    ESPN just broke to the FIU game coverage of that Garrett Wittels guy's NCAA hitting streak. He was like 0 for 4 and hitting in the 8th inning. He smokes a liner back at the pitcher's head that deflected off his glove. The 2nd baseman then booted it. Safe at first, even with a head first slide. Streak is now at 53.

                    *BTW: ESPN now saying that Huff's CT scan came back negative and he returned to the ballpark by the end of the game, so that is encouraging news, I guess.
                    Last edited by W. Coast Mac Backer; 05-29-2010, 06:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                      Blast him, blast DSG (not that I think you should blast either).

                      If DSG gets a pass, so should WCMB.

                      I mean I could have mentioned the day I got nailed in the head by a fastball while playing for our town team (in the days before Little League came to the area) but considering how you feel about me, why bother?
                      Gang mentality.

                      Pfft --- You know the drill.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

                        Who gives a fuck about a JV line drive? Jesus Christ you ruin every thread just by replying.
                        I met a cute little chunky chick at the bar last night. I went home with her and popped her in the pooper. I left without even finding out her name.
                        .....and you thought I was ugly on the outside.

                        "Fuck Bobby April, you can't coach awesome." ~~downundermike~~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Heh-heh! ..........................

                          Originally posted by OzEagle12 View Post
                          I met a cute little chunky chick at the bar last night. I went home with her and popped her in the pooper. I left without even finding out her name.


                          That's the spirit, Oz!
                          Last edited by W. Coast Mac Backer; 05-29-2010, 08:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by W. Coast Mac Backer View Post
                            But it's okay for DSG to tell his story about Windmill Softball?

                            I was replying to his post anyway. How did I possibly ruin it?


                            Give me a freakin' break, BossMan. You guys are like constipated or something, I swear.
                            SHIT I LIKE HEARING STORIES LIKE THAT.SHOWS IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAYED SPORTS OR JUST TALK ABOUT PLAYING SPORTS.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                              Blast him, blast DSG (not that I think you should blast either).

                              If DSG gets a pass, so should WCMB.

                              I mean I could have mentioned the day I got nailed in the head by a fastball while playing for our town team (in the days before Babe Ruth League came to the area) but considering how you feel about me, why bother?
                              Back in middle school (after Babe Ruth League was around but before iPods existed) I was playing basketball (I was at the forward position, the 3, not the 4) and a guy (someone on my own team, the Trojans) got a rebound and accidentally elbowed me in the forehead (left side at the hairline). That really hurt. I had to go to the hospital for it (emergency, not urgent care) and get stitches that had to be removed since dissolvable wasn't an option.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X