If somebody told you 5 years ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If somebody told you 5 years ago...

...that Vick would be the QB for the Eagles, and that they would be playing the Redskins and their QB, McNabb...you'd wonder what kind of acid they dropped.

it's crazy
    "One Strike away, nothing and two the count to Hinske. Fans on their feet; rally towels being waved. Brad Lidge stretches. The 0-2 pitch - swing and a miss, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"
    Harry Kalas

Comment

So true.

Bizzaro World.

Comment

Reid's just fucking with us.

I think I saw Casey Affleck filming the press conference.

Comment

How about in January 2009, when the Eagles were playing in the NFC championship game and Vick was still in jail?

Comment

It's weird, because 5 years ago I was on acid almost constantly, so yeah, I probably would have believed it.
            "The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer

Comment

That explains a lot, actually.

Comment

Good point. But I was thinking back to when Vick was The Falcons' Guy. He was pretty firmly entrenched there, as was Donovan in Philly.

Comment

It's easier to drop a tab than shotgun a beer.

Comment

Actually, I think we should look into doing a group drop during the next gayte. We've got to step things up!

Last edited by JofreyRice; 09-24-2010, 02:52 PM.
                    "The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by louis118 View Post
                      it's crazy
                      The "experts" from FOX NFL Sunday with some give-and-take on Reid's surprising flip-flopping (Plus insight on the Cowturds, Jits, Farty-Niners, etc. ......). Not bad.

>> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/E...Cowboys-092310

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        It's easier to drop a tab than shotgun a beer.
                        BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

In college on a dare I took a hit of windowpane and went to see the movie "Altered States."

Comment

Oh man, you must have been fucked up at that part where he turns into a pile of dry-ice and screams "I'M NOTHINGNESS!".

Comment

My buddies had seen it and couldn't stop talking about how William Hurt ate mushrooms and devolved into pure energy in the sensory deprevation tank. They said if you eat A and saw that movie you'd wind up like Syd Barrett. The four of us did it anyway and managed to survive.

Comment

Working...
                              X