Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    I was asking because my wife was born there, but her family moved to Germany when she was ten years old.

My in-laws have been pressuring me to fly to Poland to visit their hometown.

Leave a comment:

• W. Coast Mac Backer
    replied
    Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    I'm not shit-stirring--just curious. I know we have members from both coasts and different countries.

I'm a 34 year old Black Male-married-father of three.

Okay --- I'll play. I'm a 49 (BION) y.o. white boy of English & Irish descent. Born in Syracuse, N.Y. My late father was an executive for the Chrysler Motor Corp., who was promoted and transferred several times during my childhood (we moved off and on from my ages 5 to 17).

I was brought up and went to school in 5 major cities. It wasn't easy readjusting each time, but I survived. I believe it made me a stronger person, overall. I've been married for 14 years to a wonderful lady who has blessed us with two fantastic young boys, ages 10 & 5. I've been a Philly fan since 1976 when we moved there for my 9th grade year from St. Louis (Ballwin, Mo.) .... (My older brother played football, wrestling, and baseball at the same high school that Ryan Howard attended in the St. Louis burbs: Lafayette H.S.). I'm a graduate of Great Valley Sr. H.S. ('79) in Malvern, Pa. and West Chester (Pa.) University ('84).

I'm praying that the economy shakes out of it's present doldrums and I can someday work, retire, and be laid to rest in the West Chester, Pa. era (The rest of my family lives in the Philly burbs). Most people say that I look like Michael Jack Schmidt, but then Chuck Norris when I rock the beard. (I wish I had their bucks). That should about do it.
    Last edited by W. Coast Mac Backer; 09-25-2010, 05:14 PM. Reason: typo .... mo' info.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    Any of you guys with Polish ancestry heard of Zabrze, Poland?
    I've heard of it but I really don't know anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
    I'm half Polock too. Half German, quarter Irish, quarter Brit, quarter Lithuanian. Maybe an eighth Austrian.

I come from a big family.
    I've got some Irish and German in me also. Perhaps this is one of the reasons we get along together so well.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Any of you guys with Polish ancestry heard of Zabrze, Poland?

Leave a comment:

• BirdBrawn
    replied
    I'm half Polock too. Half German, quarter Irish, quarter Brit, quarter Lithuanian. Maybe an eighth Austrian.

I come from a big family.

Leave a comment:

• rothdawg
    replied
    25 years old, pretty much all Irish although I have an English last name. Born in Mayfair, raised in the Glenside area.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Good information--thanks.

Leave a comment:

• illeagle05
    replied
    i'm 3/8 polish, 1/4 irish, 1/8 german, and the remaining 1/4 is other stuff... I think Native American and other European descent. originally from south central virginia...my father grew up in philly and trevose and most of my family is from eastern pa

Leave a comment:

• the kid escobar
    replied
    22 year old white male, originally from south jersey/woodbury area, Recently moved to missouri to finally finish college.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Green
    replied
    Spiney -- You Da Dude!

Anybody who would share his Wild Turkey with me is all right in my book -- and you don't even have to worry about bring a rotted, maggot-infested deer carcass to impress me!

As for diversity factor, I'm 60, white, mom's parents were both from Russia, dad's clan possibly was Irish (that's a long story I'll relate at the Gate). Twice married, to a pair of saints who would put up with me -- the first for 26 years until she passed away and the second for 12 years and counting -- and I'm one of the few around here who can say he actually saw the Iggles win a World Championship.
    Last edited by Kelly Green; 09-25-2010, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neumans own
    replied
    My 2 cents:

Born in Trenton, Raised in the Boro of Bristol! home of the stomp!!! Italian,German,Blackfoot Indian, dashes of Hungarian and English. Mostly Fanatical about the Eagles, Fan from Birth!

Moved to Abingdon MD in 84 STH for 20 seasons Wife & two girls....

Oh yea Not White nor Black but some where in the gray area... But Crippled and Crazy for 44 years.... See you all in a week...

Leave a comment:

• Damned Thing
    replied
    My brother Ivan was bayonetted to death by a Polish conscientious objector.

So, which half is Polish? I would venture to guess that it's the half with the kielbasa...

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    You don't think people judge me because of my name and those curlers?

You try being trapped in this personna!

Wait a minute...you are not a white chick? I was wasting my time spitting game to your batch ass.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    So there is a fairy ass portal??

Gay.

I agree with this, but I also want a map to its location.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X