No announcement yet.

How Diverse is Igglephans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 years old, pretty much all Irish although I have an English last name. Born in Mayfair, raised in the Glenside area.

Comment

I'm half Polock too. Half German, quarter Irish, quarter Brit, quarter Lithuanian. Maybe an eighth Austrian.

I come from a big family.

Comment

Any of you guys with Polish ancestry heard of Zabrze, Poland?
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
          I'm half Polock too. Half German, quarter Irish, quarter Brit, quarter Lithuanian. Maybe an eighth Austrian.

I come from a big family.
          I've got some Irish and German in me also. Perhaps this is one of the reasons we get along together so well.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
            Any of you guys with Polish ancestry heard of Zabrze, Poland?
            I've heard of it but I really don't know anything about it.
            --------

Comment

I'm not shit-stirring--just curious. I know we have members from both coasts and different countries.

I'm a 34 year old Black Male-married-father of three.

Okay --- I'll play. I'm a 49 (BION) y.o. white boy of English & Irish descent. Born in Syracuse, N.Y. My late father was an executive for the Chrysler Motor Corp., who was promoted and transferred several times during my childhood (we moved off and on from my ages 5 to 17).

I was brought up and went to school in 5 major cities. It wasn't easy readjusting each time, but I survived. I believe it made me a stronger person, overall. I've been married for 14 years to a wonderful lady who has blessed us with two fantastic young boys, ages 10 & 5. I've been a Philly fan since 1976 when we moved there for my 9th grade year from St. Louis (Ballwin, Mo.) .... (My older brother played football, wrestling, and baseball at the same high school that Ryan Howard attended in the St. Louis burbs: Lafayette H.S.). I'm a graduate of Great Valley Sr. H.S. ('79) in Malvern, Pa. and West Chester (Pa.) University ('84).

I'm praying that the economy shakes out of it's present doldrums and I can someday work, retire, and be laid to rest in the West Chester, Pa. era (The rest of my family lives in the Philly burbs). Most people say that I look like Michael Jack Schmidt, but then Chuck Norris when I rock the beard. (I wish I had their bucks). That should about do it.
              Last edited by W. Coast Mac Backer; 09-25-2010, 05:14 PM. Reason: typo .... mo' info.

Comment

I was asking because my wife was born there, but her family moved to Germany when she was ten years old.

My in-laws have been pressuring me to fly to Poland to visit their hometown.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Chuck Norris huh? In high school everybody thought I looked like Pittsburgh Pirates Barry Bonds. Now that I'm heavier (fatter) and married they say I look like Steroid Bonds.

Comment

I was asking because my wife was born there, but her family moved to Germany when she was ten years old.

My in-laws have been pressuring me to fly to Poland to visit their hometown.
                    RSE has been to Poland. I've never visited there but I would love to go there someday. I keep telling myself I should go there on a vacation with my mother but time is running out for that. Still possible though.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by Damned Thing View Post
                      My brother Ivan was bayonetted to death by a Polish conscientious objector.

So, which half is Polish? I would venture to guess that it's the half with the kielbasa...
                      Nah, it's the mom's side. They lived in Nanticoke, PA. Mainly coal miners except for my Grandpa who decided to opt out of mining and became a machinist after seeing what happened to his relatives who were miners.
                      --------

Comment

RSE has been to Poland. I've never visited there but I would love to go there someday. I keep telling myself I should go there on a vacation with my mother but time is running out for that. Still possible though.
                        Yes, I have been to Warsaw (where my grandparents were from) and Krakow. The Polish people are warm, friendly, and intelligent, and they psychologically left communism behind much sooner and much more completely than the people of other Eastern bloc countries I have visited. Definitely visit. The food is good if you like fish and boiled potatoes.

I plan to retire to Poland. I'm not kidding -- if I can afford it I will. I'm Polish on my mother's side, Italian on my father's side. Family history has it that my great-grandmother was the bastard daughter of Polish royalty.

Word to the wise: do not ever get involved with a woman of Sicilian descent. They are beautiful but deadly.

Comment

Race:

Human.

Age and Sex:

Within the target demographic of major advertisers during sporting events.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            Yes, I have been to Warsaw (where my grandparents were from) and Krakow. The Polish people are warm, friendly, and intelligent, and they psychologically left communism behind much sooner and much more completely than the people of other Eastern bloc countries I have visited. Definitely visit. The food is good if you like fish and boiled potatoes.

I plan to retire to Poland. I'm not kidding -- if I can afford it I will. I'm Polish on my mother's side, Italian on my father's side. Family history has it that my great-grandmother was the bastard daughter of Polish royalty.

Word to the wise: do not ever get involved with a woman of Sicilian descent. They are beautiful but deadly.
                            I dated a woman of half Sicilian descent for a year or two. It's funny, I feel that somehow that relationship laid the ground work for the eventual demise of my marriage.
                            --------

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                              The food is good if you like fish and boiled potatoes.

Fish and potatoes for dinner every holiday in the "Inches" family. Every X-mas eve I search countless fish markets for buffalo fish.

Comment

Haddock, halibut, smelt, eel, spaghetti with anchovies, shrimp every Christmas Eve. And the oplatki.

Comment

Working...
                                X