X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellsworth
    replied
    SNAP!

like zoli said, it's more of the fishing trip scene from One Flew over the FF nest.

Leave a comment:

• bub
    replied
    i'm american.

Leave a comment:

• Damned Thing
    replied
    Just be careful if your liver signed a non-aggression pact with any of your other organs.

Leave a comment:

• Loki
    replied
    Half German, half British

My right arm keeps punching my left arm and my liver continuously invades my spleen.

Leave a comment:

• Damned Thing
    replied
    Growing up in Port Richmond, I'm pretty familiar with everything Polish--from the food, to the jokes, to the Polish-American Stringband.

As far as my my own ancestry, I'll go with German, Russian, Polish, and Slovak, but I doubt it's limited to that.

I get strange looks every year from people who have never heard of Dyngus Day. Then again, up here in NY, they still can't grasp what a Mummer is, so I need to take things slowly.
    Last edited by Damned Thing; 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM. Reason: Formatting

Leave a comment:

• W. Coast Mac Backer
    replied
    [QUOTE=3rd & Inches;1499553]

Chuck Norris huh? In high school everybody thought I looked like Pittsburgh Pirates Barry Bonds. Now that I'm heavier (fatter) and married they say I look like Steroid Bonds.
    B.B. almost looked like an entirely different humanoid, in his later years in Frisco.
    Yeah, I hear ya', dude. Gettin on in years tends to suck. You'll see, wee Grasshopper.

That MJS shot is ME.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    Then you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    Haddock, halibut, smelt, eel, spaghetti with anchovies, shrimp every Christmas Eve. And the oplatki.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    The food is good if you like fish and boiled potatoes.

Fish and potatoes for dinner every holiday in the "Inches" family. Every X-mas eve I search countless fish markets for buffalo fish.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Yes, I have been to Warsaw (where my grandparents were from) and Krakow. The Polish people are warm, friendly, and intelligent, and they psychologically left communism behind much sooner and much more completely than the people of other Eastern bloc countries I have visited. Definitely visit. The food is good if you like fish and boiled potatoes.

I plan to retire to Poland. I'm not kidding -- if I can afford it I will. I'm Polish on my mother's side, Italian on my father's side. Family history has it that my great-grandmother was the bastard daughter of Polish royalty.

Word to the wise: do not ever get involved with a woman of Sicilian descent. They are beautiful but deadly.
    I dated a woman of half Sicilian descent for a year or two. It's funny, I feel that somehow that relationship laid the ground work for the eventual demise of my marriage.

Leave a comment:

• TerpEagle
    replied
    Race:

Human.

Age and Sex:

Within the target demographic of major advertisers during sporting events.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    RSE has been to Poland. I've never visited there but I would love to go there someday. I keep telling myself I should go there on a vacation with my mother but time is running out for that. Still possible though.
    Yes, I have been to Warsaw (where my grandparents were from) and Krakow. The Polish people are warm, friendly, and intelligent, and they psychologically left communism behind much sooner and much more completely than the people of other Eastern bloc countries I have visited. Definitely visit. The food is good if you like fish and boiled potatoes.

I plan to retire to Poland. I'm not kidding -- if I can afford it I will. I'm Polish on my mother's side, Italian on my father's side. Family history has it that my great-grandmother was the bastard daughter of Polish royalty.

Word to the wise: do not ever get involved with a woman of Sicilian descent. They are beautiful but deadly.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Damned Thing View Post
    My brother Ivan was bayonetted to death by a Polish conscientious objector.

So, which half is Polish? I would venture to guess that it's the half with the kielbasa...
    Nah, it's the mom's side. They lived in Nanticoke, PA. Mainly coal miners except for my Grandpa who decided to opt out of mining and became a machinist after seeing what happened to his relatives who were miners.

Leave a comment:

• IronEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    I was asking because my wife was born there, but her family moved to Germany when she was ten years old.

My in-laws have been pressuring me to fly to Poland to visit their hometown.
    RSE has been to Poland. I've never visited there but I would love to go there someday. I keep telling myself I should go there on a vacation with my mother but time is running out for that. Still possible though.

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & Inches
    replied

Chuck Norris huh? In high school everybody thought I looked like Pittsburgh Pirates Barry Bonds. Now that I'm heavier (fatter) and married they say I look like Steroid Bonds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X