Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE GREAT Les Bowen on Reid and Vick's mechanics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE GREAT Les Bowen on Reid and Vick's mechanics.

This is encouraging. Hearing this makes me feel like it is less likely that his performance has been a fluke. I don't expect him to maintain his current level of play, but he could have some serious success if he really is working hard at being a better passer.

"He's worked very hard at - each quarterback, you build a platform you've got to throw off of," Andy Reid said yesterday. "You want to make that as consistent as you can. If you move 3 feet to the left in the pocket or 3 feet to the right, you still want to have, in his case, his right shoulder in the same position. You want your knees bent the right way, and you want to be able to step into the throw, and so on.

"He's worked very hard on that, all way from his feet to his arms and shoulders. And what that does is, it increases your accuracy and consistency."

Reid isn't saying Vick was never introduced to these concepts in Atlanta. But Vick perhaps has embraced them here, as he has other things he once ignored.

"He's really cranked down on those [study habits] and we kind of have to kick him out of the building here; he's here all the time, and that's a good thing," Reid said. "I don't know if that's the way it was always in his career. And then, too, he has some pretty good receivers there to throw to. I'm not saying he didn't in Atlanta, but I'm saying he has some pretty good receivers that know the game, and he can put it out there and they can go get it."
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ttom_line.html
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    This is encouraging. Hearing this makes me feel like it is less likely that his performance has been a fluke. I don't expect him to maintain his current level of play, but he could have some serious success if he really is working hard at being a better passer.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ttom_line.html
    i am atlanta fan and i can agree with one thing he had an ofensive line that was just as week as yours and a pair of scissors for receivers roddy white did not bloom until his 4th yr.

but i have to say looking at him at detroit vick looks like a totally difrent animal to deal with beleive it or not he allways had bad games against detroit, cleveland & ravens, then would light it up against teams like dallas & pittsburgh.

now you are beginning to see why the GA. dome was full for 5 straight yrs.people came across state lines to see vick. schedulers wanted us on prime time. ( they use to make us wait every bit of 2 yrs. b/f we got a monday night game) did he have some dud games, yes but everybody knew their was allways a chance you would miss something like the performaces he has been putting on the last 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
    X