Baseball Playoff Scenario Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Playoff Scenario Question

Ok, so going into tonight SF is 3 up on SD for the NL West and Atl is 2 up on SD for the wild card.

If SD sweeps SF and Atl drops 2 of 3 to the Phils then all 3 teams would be tied.

So assuming my math is correct and they would all be tied (which may be wrong).

There be a 1 game playoff for the NL West, which I heard would be played on Monday, but then how is the wild card decided? A second 1 game playoff to be played on Tuesday pitting Atlanta against the loser of the Monday 1 game playoff?

Yep that's the way it'll work

Originally posted by Brocco View Post
    Ok, so going into tonight SF is 3 up on SD for the NL West and Atl is 2 up on SD for the wild card.

If SD sweeps SF and Atl drops 2 of 3 to the Phils then all 3 teams would be tied.

So assuming my math is correct and they would all be tied (which may be wrong).

There be a 1 game playoff for the NL West, which I heard would be played on Monday, but then how is the wild card decided? A second 1 game playoff to be played on Tuesday pitting Atlanta against the loser of the Monday 1 game playoff?
    Don't know if the Tueday game would be in Atlanta or the West Coast. It's funny, I was just on CBS Sportsline, and they were giving the playoff schedule and they said "the Atlanta Braves will be the Wild Card". Funny, nothing has been decided--there would be nothing I would enjoy more than to see those yahoo Braves get swept in Atlanta.

Comment

i think SD would win the division and the giants and braves would have a playoff. pretty sure thats what the braves announcers said last night.

Comment

Working...
      X