Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Philly tailgating advice

Hey all,

Newb to the board here. Huge Eagles fan located in Canada (I know, I know) coming to my first game this weekend with some buddies. Ventured to Buffalo (unfortunately) many times but never to Philly. Pretty jacked.

We're looking for some tips on the best way to tailgate.

We've seen some people charge a flat fee for all you can eat/drink type affairs. Is this a better bet than bringing our own brew and food? If so, is there one you'd recommend above another others?

We just want to make sure we have the best pre-game experience before we watch the Eagles beat the shit out of Matt Ryan and them.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

we've got Ken coming down from Canada. connect with him and bring your abooot asses over
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Get there early, and bring all your own stuff, eh?
      It's starts being full by 9.
      Yes, I know the game isn't till 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
        Get there early, and bring all your own stuff, eh?
        It's starts being full by 9.
        Yes, I know the game isn't till 4.
        Game is at 1 Chief.

Comment

Indeed--the earlier you can get there, the better. I lucked out in '06 and '08--I didn't get there until about 11am both times but found a parking spot. But if you're not familiar with the Linc's parking, get there early--way early.

Comment

Take Speta

9:30 AM Park on Oregon Ave. Go to Cookies at 10th and oregon 1-1.5hr. Get takeout. Jump in subway. Go one stop get off, piss at the station, hang out, drink face off. Go in game, repeat drinking part. then after game hang out look at all the people "beating traffic". Jump back on subway, go back to cookies or fireside, get car, go to talk of the town, eat lowsy cheesesteak. Go to McGillians in Center City, drink, stay for late game, drink more. Call in sick for monday, while carefully shileding phone from raucus crowd. Meet up with smoking hot fat girl, bang the shit out of it. Lose friends, find out his was even fatter, make fun of him, send emabrrasing text messages and then go leave for Canada monday after eating breakfast at melrose/epnrose/oregon diner.

Comment

Agreed. Ken has the lowdown, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcMurtry View Post
                Hey all,

Newb to the board here. Huge Eagles fan located in Canada (I know, I know) coming to my first game this weekend with some buddies. Ventured to Buffalo (unfortunately) many times but never to Philly. Pretty jacked.

We're looking for some tips on the best way to tailgate.

We've seen some people charge a flat fee for all you can eat/drink type affairs. Is this a better bet than bringing our own brew and food? If so, is there one you'd recommend above another others?

We just want to make sure we have the best pre-game experience before we watch the Eagles beat the shit out of Matt Ryan and them.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
                Send me a PM if you like, but you can't get a better tailgate than Philly. I have been to Buffalo for quite a few games. This is way classier, better people, better quality fans. You want the best experience, get to the gayte!! Bring what you want to eat, and your booze. I was fortunate enough to tag along with Susquehanna and his family two years ago, you won't regret it!
                Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                X