Gino's Hamburgers Are Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gino's Hamburgers Are Back!

First one just opened in King of Prussia this week. 28 years after the last one closed.

http://www.ginosgiant.com/

Jeez...$5.59 for a Gino Giant!

Comment

Are They Crazy With Those Prices??

Good night, at those prices the freakin' burgers better be big enough for a family of four!
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

No worse than five guys prices

Comment

That's exactly what they're shooting for

Cooked to order burgers made with quality ingredients. If the quality's there the price is well worth it.

http://www.ginosgiant.com/concept.html

Comment

aww man that brings back great memories

Deciding between McDonald's or Gino's when you were 6 years old in the '70s was tough! Gino's fries were underrated.

Does anyone remember Burger Chef and their bubblegum cheeseburger? They were freaking great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
              Good night, at those prices the freakin' burgers better be big enough for a family of four!

You must not get out very much.

Comment

I think it's a good price. Jeez, a Geno's or Pat's cheesesteak is $8.50 now. $5.95 for a Gino Giant seems good. Also, maybe they will have combo deals like they do at McDonald's with fries and a coke.

Comment

Do they still have Sparkle?
                  WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                  - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                  - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                    Cooked to order burgers made with quality ingredients. If the quality's there the price is well worth it.

http://www.ginosgiant.com/concept.html
                    In that case, it's okay. I guess I was comparing this product to the previous one with the same name.

Comment

I Remember The Original Gino's

They were trying to out-McDonald McDonald's and their prices were comparable. Obviously this new version isn't aiming for Mickey D's, but they're going to have to sell that idea to people like me who will say the same thing.

Their ad people have to push the idea that, "We're not the old Gino's" rather than, "We're back" and that's they are, in fact, an alternative to Five Guys.

For the record, my wife and I love Five Guys, so my reaction to the prices was because the ad for Gino's made no effort to promote the changes.

Comment

That's what I said, with fewer words.

Comment

Yes...

...but I have a reputation to uphold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballsy View Post
                            Deciding between McDonald's or Gino's when you were 6 years old in the '70s was tough! Gino's fries were underrated.

Does anyone remember Burger Chef and their bubblegum cheeseburger? They were freaking great too.
                            When I lived in Ohio I ate at Burger Chef all the time I loved them. I remember going to one of my friends birthday party at a Gino's on Rt18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                              They were trying to out-McDonald McDonald's and their prices were comparable. Obviously this new version isn't aiming for Mickey D's, but they're going to have to sell that idea to people like me who will say the same thing.

Their ad people have to push the idea that, "We're not the old Gino's" rather than, "We're back" and that's they are, in fact, an alternative to Five Guys.

For the record, my wife and I love Five Guys, so my reaction to the prices was because the ad for Gino's made no effort to promote the changes.
                              The old Gino's was great, I never ate at a 5 Guys, there is one about 10 minutes from me but they just seem like every other chain of burger joints.

Comment

Working...
                              X