Warm weather vacation advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm weather vacation advice

posted this on Facenutz and got some good responses.

where would you go...anywhere in the world but must be warm weather Dec 26 through New Years and a perhaps a few days past New Years...rules out most of Europe...

Money no object.

Humorous or serious replies welcomed, thanks.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Wirelessly posted (IPOD: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Perth, Western Australia. Then drive south down the coast and check out all the beach resort towns.

Comment

Following KG's danno thread...

Hawaii. If you haven't been there yet, check it out.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Wirelessly posted (diggle crackberry: BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I just went to Aruba and it was bliss.

Money no object, go to Bora Bora and stay in a hut over the ocean.
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Tenerife in Spain.

Comment

New Zealand

My brother in law is a NZ native, and from the pictures he's shown me, it's a BEAUTIFUL place. Plus, I believe the time period you gave is smack dab in the middle of summertime there.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Here's something different

http://www.dubaitourism.ae/DubaiataG...S/Default.aspx

Comment

They hit the obvious choices : Aruba, Hawaii and Australia/NZ. You say money is no object, but what about time? To do Hawaii right, and especially Australia/NZ, you need to invest a lot more time into the trip than Aruba. More travel time is needed to get there, as well as time at the locale. Aruba is a small island that you can do in several days. Just keep in mind that it is a desert island, not a tropical island -- very very different than Hawaii or tropical islands like The Bahamas. The bet part of Aruba is you virtually no risk of bad weather. Highs in summer are 82, Highs in January are 80. Weather is basically the same all year. If you want a tropical island and cannot afford the time required to get to Hawaii, consider Paradise island in The Bahamas.

You are hitting peak times at all these places so be prepared to pay top dollar for flights, accommodations and while you are there.

If it was me and time was not an issue, I would do Australia/NZ -- have never been there, but it is on my short list. If you do go and you enjoy wine, make a point to hit the vineyards in Marlborough, New Zealand. Their Sauvignon Blancs are considered best in the world right now.

Good luck. You won't go wrong with any of these choices.
                Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

St. Barts ... private villa ... yacht in the harbor.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Turks & Caicos

Comment

OMG, don't do Paradise Island

It's a tourist trap. Stay out of there. I don't even get off the ship when I'm in Paradise Island. It's like bad Vegas meets Carribean.

Comment

Need more information

Who is going on this trip? Is it a trip with IGette? Is it you and a lady friend? Need to know this sh*t to advise you properly.

Comment

Hookers and blow

the locale is your choice

Comment

Very nice.

Sounds great.

Comment

Excellent idea with Bora Bora. That's a dream spot for me, but it's a loooong, expensive trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X