Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a feeling Riley Cooper will be our best recieving threat after the Bye

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got a feeling Riley Cooper will be our best recieving threat after the Bye

    Maybe thats what Andy's been saving him for. We havent used Riley as much because we have 2 pretty good recievers already. I like Riley because he is more physical than Desean and Maclin. I love them both also. But to me Riley reminds me of a white version of Andre Johnson. He simply just has that physical toughness, he fights for the ball, and has amazing ablility to make a play on a ball anywhere near him. Riley could also be a great redzone target. If this guy is the player we all think he will be.

    I say if Desean is asking for to much money when its time to resign him trade him. We will be fine with Riley , and Maclin is playing lights out this season as well. You have to be impressed with his play. Riley can also be a great redzone target with more playing time.I just having a feeling about this Riley kid with Vick and his rifle arm. Because Riley Cooper can be a number 1 reciever in this league. He just has the it factor. We saw it in training camp, pre season, and against the Titans.I know we havent seen that much of him, but im already sold on this kid.

  • #2
    You are nuts. You can't say cooper is a number 1 receiver yet. And desean brings way more to the table than a receiver. You do not trade game changing threats. Cooper COULD be a really good slot guy but again its wayyyyy to early to tell.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sticktracy View Post
      I know we havent seen that much of him, but im already sold on this kid.
      sums it up right there.

      Comment


      • #4
        You remind me of the guy who was a non-Vikings fan who called Sirius and called Toby Gehrhart "Our best hope."
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sticktracy View Post
          But to me Riley reminds me of a white version of Andre Johnson.
          Why does he have to remind you of the white version of Andre Johnson? Why can't he just remind you of Andre Johnson? If there is a player who comes in to the NFL that has a darker complexion than Johnson would you say "He reminds me of a darker Andre Johnson"

          1) I don't agree with your assessment that he has Andre Johnson skills

          2) I'm starting to think harls was right about you being racist

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            Why does he have to remind you of the white version of Andre Johnson? Why can't he just remind you of Andre Johnson? If there is a player who comes in to the NFL that has a darker complexion than Johnson would you say "He reminds me of a darker Andre Johnson"

            1) I don't agree with your assessment that he has Andre Johnson skills

            2) I'm starting to think harls was right about you being racist

            I understand what you are saying...atleast he didn't use "a taller version of Wes Welker".
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

            Comment


            • #7
              That would have offended me, actually. Why does Wes Welker have to be the "short guy?" And he's white too. Might as well just call Welker and "honkey a$$ midget."
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

              Comment


              • #8
                Everytime I read/hear the word honkey--I think of George Jefferson. I do hate when people use race to describe a situation where "race" has nothing to do with nothing.

                I get this shit at my work all the time, for example, "this tall black guy purchased the last pack of cigarettes. We will have to wait until tomorrow."
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think honkey is a great word.

                  I hear you about the race thing. I can understand why people would say, "the white Jordan" or "the white Andre Johnson" - not that I agree with the notion that Riley Cooper resembles Johnson as a WR - I think it's just one of those things that operates subconciously in our brains. I don't think it's racist, per se. Whitlock wrote an interesting piece on this once but I don't exactly remember the details. That said, the example you used - "tall black guy bought cigarettes" - is just odd. There's no reason to say that and people do it all the time.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Aye, that is one thing that aggravates the hell out of me. I see no point in explicitly describing someone's race or ethnicity when talking about an individual, and most of the time it seems to be done in a demeaning manner.

                    That being said, comparing Cooper to Andre Johnson in any way shape or form is beyond moronic. Yes he looks promising, but by all accounts Jackson and Maclin are more talented WR's at this point in time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jaybizz View Post
                      That being said, comparing Cooper to Andre Johnson in any way shape or form is beyond moronic.
                      So lemme get this straight...you think comparing

                      A) 1. rookie WR
                      2. taken #159 overall
                      3. one legitimate regular season game

                      to

                      B) 1. veteran WR
                      2. taken #3 overall
                      3. consensus top 3 WR in the NFL for years

                      is moronic? that's hard to believe...this sicktracy guy is somethin else

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i was pointing out how nuts it is to compare Cooper to Johnson at this time in their career...sorry if that came off confusing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jaybizz View Post
                            Aye, that is one thing that aggravates the hell out of me. I see no point in explicitly describing someone's race or ethnicity when talking about an individual, and most of the time it seems to be done in a demeaning manner.

                            That being said, comparing Cooper to Andre Johnson in any way shape or form is beyond moronic. Yes he looks promising, but by all accounts Jackson and Maclin are more talented WR's at this point in time.
                            To play devils advocate I have heard the excuse being to provide description to the story. If I said a tall black guy bought the last pack of cigarettes you can picture a tall black guy. If you just said guy your mental image is less accurate... Not that I buy that but it may have a little merit.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              Why does he have to remind you of the white version of Andre Johnson? Why can't he just remind you of Andre Johnson? If there is a player who comes in to the NFL that has a darker complexion than Johnson would you say "He reminds me of a darker Andre Johnson"

                              1) I don't agree with your assessment that he has Andre Johnson skills

                              2) I'm starting to think harls was right about you being racist
                              My first thought when I seen this post is that he is saying hey look I am not racist I am praising a white guy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X