Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im Sorry,,But I just dont get the Mcnabb benching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Sorry,,But I just dont get the Mcnabb benching.

I think Snyder and Shanahan are a perfect match.

Fucking Rex Grosman? Having that guy on your roster tells you something.

Dont even think about re-signing with the skins Dmac.

If that makes me a fluffer so be it.

There is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that indicates the majority of this board had McNabb figured out when they labeled him McChoke. A 2nd round pick for a probowler? A trade within the division? Teams like the Cards and Bills and Raiders thought their piss-poor QB options were better? McNabb's former coordinator in Minny opted to try a hail mary to stroke Favre's ego into giving it one more shot with the Vikings, rather than trade a low first rounder for a guy with 3-5 more years worth of "prime" football?

No one wanted him, the Eagles traded him without a thought about what problems he'd cause, and now he's been benched before the midpoint in the season.

He's a good guy--a little sensitive, but a good guy. The Eagles would have never gotten to the SB without him, and he's the main reason the trophy case is still empty. Those two facts don't conflict for me.
    "The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan-d-terrible View Post
      I think Snyder and Shanahan are a perfect match.

Fucking Rex Grosman? Having that guy on your roster tells you something.

Dont even think about re-signing with the skins Dmac.

If that makes me a fluffer so be it.
      It tells me Shannahan thinks at the end of the day it doesn't matter if McNabb is in there or Rex Grossman. Neither one is going to win it for you in the end so lets take a flyer on Rex.

Comment

TRUE

Originally posted by JofreyRice View Post
        There is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that indicates the majority of this board had McNabb figured out when they labeled him McChoke. A 2nd round pick for a probowler? A trade within the division? Teams like the Cards and Bills and Raiders thought their piss-poor QB options were better? McNabb's former coordinator in Minny opted to try a hail mary to stroke Favre's ego into giving it one more shot with the Vikings, rather than trade a low first rounder for a guy with 3-5 more years worth of "prime" football?

No one wanted him, the Eagles traded him without a thought about what problems he'd cause, and now he's been benched before the midpoint in the season.

He's a good guy--a little sensitive, but a good guy. The Eagles would have never gotten to the SB without him, and he's the main reason the trophy case is still empty. Those two facts don't conflict for me.
        The only thing I could add to the crazy story that is Mcnabbs life is the cheapness of Jeff Lurie in the early to mid 2000's. Shit is crazy.

Comment

The best part is you (we) don't have to. It's not our problem. But it's a glorious train wreck to watch.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
            It tells me Shannahan thinks at the end of the day it doesn't matter if McNabb is in there or Rex Grossman. Neither one is going to win it for you in the end so lets take a flyer on Rex.
            A flyer on Rex Grossman. Yikes!!!

Hmmm. Did you check out how bad Childress wanted to bench Lord Farve during the week.

Comment

The timing doesn't make sense to anybody, really. The fact that he was benched, in and of itself, doesn't completely surprise many either.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Your right.

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                The best part is you (we) don't have to. It's not our problem. But it's a glorious train wreck to watch.
                And I got a front row seat down here in VA. You know what?

Alot of people down here did not like that shit.

I was watching cumcast and B Mitchell said he would personally tell Mcnabb not to re-sign.

Comment

A flyer on Rex Grossman. Yikes!!!

Hmmm. Did you check out how bad Childress wanted to bench Lord Farve during the week.
                  Childress never wanted anything to do with favre. The owner has a thing for Favre.

Comment

wow

Childress never wanted anything to do with favre. The owner has a thing for Favre.
                    Must be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      The timing doesn't make sense to anybody, really. The fact that he was benched, in and of itself, doesn't completely surprise many either.
                      I sat there and watched the game and guess what?

Mcnabb had his usual type of game. Which wasnt bad.

He was sacked 5 times and threw a int when his hand hit a player.

Its like when people buy a camaro but want it to drive like a corvette.
                      Last edited by Ivan-d-terrible; 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I think it goes to what JR was saying - a lot of the national media, and apparently, Shanahan and the folks there, thought they were getting a Corvette. A lot of people around here knew better.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Its like when people buy a camaro but want it to drive like a corvette.
                          You get it... Peopel expect McNabb to be the McNabb of 2002 when in all actuality you are getting the busted up and old Mcnabb.

Comment

Ha Ha.

You get it... Peopel expect McNabb to be the McNabb of 2002 when in all actuality you are getting the busted up and old Mcnabb.
                            Well,,,, Lets just say I would like to see Mcnabb end up with a team that knows his strengths and weaknesses.

I wish him all the luck in his endeavors as long as it doesn't conflict with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              I think it goes to what JR was saying - a lot of the national media, and apparently, Shanahan and the folks there, thought they were getting a Corvette. A lot of people around here knew better.
                              I think they knew what they were getting, but the evaluation was slanted heavily away from football and towards marketing

McNabb's main role was to help keep the skins "viable" from a marketing standpoint until Shanahan could draft and mold his guy at QB.

It was also a good move on the PR side after all the bad press they got over the Uber-Turd Haynesworth

We all know Snyder is about the marketing, and when one product went south ( Fat Albert) he needed to add a more positive one in McChunky to counter-act it.

Football is secondary in DC, and that's why its easy enough to bring in Rex for a series. That way when they go back to McNabb, the fanbase is ecstatic to have him back....

Nothing like a little chopped liver to make you appreciate cold tuna

I think they did know what they were trading for football-wise, but the money part is what made the deal work from their warped view.

Always follow the money in the NFL....

Comment

Working...
                              X