Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im Sorry,,But I just dont get the Mcnabb benching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level of agreement 63%

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
    I think they knew what they were getting, but the evaluation was slanted heavily away from football and towards marketing

McNabb's main role was to help keep the skins "viable" from a marketing standpoint until Shanahan could draft and mold his guy at QB.

It was also a good move on the PR side after all the bad press they got over the Uber-Turd Haynesworth

We all know Snyder is about the marketing, and when one product went south ( Fat Albert) he needed to add a more positive one in McChunky to counter-act it.

Football is secondary in DC, and that's why its easy enough to bring in Rex for a series. That way when they go back to McNabb, the fanbase is ecstatic to have him back....

Nothing like a little chopped liver to make you appreciate cold tuna

I think they did know what they were trading for football-wise, but the money part is what made the deal work from their warped view.

Always follow the money in the NFL....
    Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, told us how Shanahan would use even a broken down McNabb properly: rollouts, play action with a real running threat, lots of using the great TEs that the skins have, that zone blocking he's so famous for, etc.

Unfortunately for McNabb lovers, the skins Rbs instill 0 fear in anyone, Cooley and Davis have been average to slightly above average(at least Cooley), and the passing game has Anthony Armstrong as their flavor of the month go-to guy.

Everybody BUT the Eagles thinks McNabb has been mistreated at best and flat-out abused at worst. That's the real "business" part of this whole thing. It's like JR said, McNabb is probably a nice guy, but kind sucks as a player now.

Comment

Brad knows he didn't need to trade a pick for Donny

because he will be a free agent in 2011.....Now after this Fiasco Im sure Don will move on,,,If Shannyasshole had just said we seen enough of Donovans work at the end of a game to know he hasnt gotten it done..So we let Rex have a shot..instead of I dont think he knows the offense.

Don Gave umm the best chance to win that Game...What an Ass..
      Last edited by TRENT; 11-01-2010, 04:03 PM.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Pretty much.

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
        I think they knew what they were getting, but the evaluation was slanted heavily away from football and towards marketing

McNabb's main role was to help keep the skins "viable" from a marketing standpoint until Shanahan could draft and mold his guy

Comment

they may as well

start rex next game now...mcnabb's confidence will be shot...what is the deal with him coming up small against bad teams also?

Comment

Eh, McNabb came back on fire after Reid benched him. That was like his last hurrah as an Eagle. Caught fire for a bit and then fizzled out, never to be heard from again...
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

What's to be sorry about?

McNabb chokes the chicken. Apparently, Shanahan has finally come to that realization.
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                start rex next game now...mcnabb's confidence will be shot...what is the deal with him coming up small against bad teams also?
                JINX!!!

Bwah The next game is,,,,,,,,,, @ his house vs the Eagles.

Now you gotta say something nice about Mr. Mcnabb.

Or eles they will sign Moss and Mcnabb will have a feild day.
                Last edited by Ivan-d-terrible; 11-01-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Shanahan already knows he doesn't want McNabb back. In that case, what's the point worrying about McNabb's feelings?

I wonder if McNabb even knows how well he had it with Andy Reid.

Comment

would love it

Originally posted by Ivan-d-terrible View Post
                    JINX!!!

Bwah The next game is,,,,,,,,,, @ his house vs the Eagles.

Now you gotta say something nice about Mr. Mcnabb.

Or eles they will sign Moss and Mcnabb will have a feild day.
                    If that really happened...but fortunately we aren't that lucky....two biggest drama queens in the nfl next to ocho and TO may very well be moss and mcnabb. Seems they are always in the news one way or the other, for better or worse so if they want to team up, i'm all for it. Respect what dmac did here but quite frankly he is proving to be a system qb, thats what makes trading him to the skins look even better now considering the type of offense they run...they just wanted to bring a big name in to sell some gear and tickets without thinking really...glad our FO is smarter than the skins.
                    Last edited by weizer; 11-01-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X