Jauron interviewing for Browns DC position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jauron interviewing for Browns DC position

I bet he will get it too if we let him interview for it. Isn't there a way to prevent him from leaving? why would we risk losing him when he is CLEARLY more capable of being a DC in the NFL than Ginger and letting that FN POS Ginger walk or get demoted to DB coach?

WTF? are they that stupid??

they just dont care. Thats what nobody seems to get. Ginger is very cheap. Lurie is making bank. Fans do all the spinning of the bullshit themselves each offseason. Guy is a genius.

Just look around you. You see fans apologizing left and right for another year down the shitter. Shit like oooo well the personel must be the worst ever. Give Ginger another chance cuz 2 years wasnt enough. injuries.....

its all a load of shit and we are just the sheep that follow it year after year.

Comment

Apparently, they are. I really believe they would have moved on McDermott if move was going to be made. They didn't waste time signing a bunch of bummy camp fodder.

I'd really love to be a fucking fly on the wall for how they came to the conclusion that McDermott should get another shot.

"Well, he lost Ellis Hobbs for the year and--"

"ELLIS HOBBS!!?!?! SAY NO MORE! ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR! (chorus building) ONE MORE YEAR!" etc, al. ad nausuem, ad infinitum, e pluribus unum.
      "The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Don't fire a DC unless you know who you are going to replace him with.
        Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

How about Jauron? He wouldn't be my first choice, but he's got a much better coaching history than McDermott.

Literally, they fielded the worst redzone D in nearly a quarter of a century this past year. They let Rodgers go 5-5 against them and put up 3 TD's in the redzone in a playoff game--one of the TD's to a WR being covered by a DE. He also scrambled for a 1st down on a 3rd and long. The Packers were thisclose to another sure TD where McDermott had a rookie LB playing over the top deep safety on a streaking WR.

You don't have to know whom your replacing someone with if you're firing them, you just have to come to the conclusion that they're doing a poor job, and are incompetent. I think the last 2 years have pretty much proven that.
          "The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by JofreyRice View Post
            How about Jauron?
            Agreed.

Dumb strikes again.
            Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

100% agree. There is exactly 0 - ZERO - reason he shouldn't be shit-canned right now. Promote Jauron to DC and see what happens. 77+% of the time the opposing team scored a TD in the red-zone. That *has* to be historically bad. 4 out of 5. Pathetic. And being that they were up there in sacks and yards allowed, it falls directly on the "DC" - if that's what you call him.

Comment

Good call: good chance Jauron gets promoted to the DC job

now that McDermott is gone.

Comment

Working...
                X